August 21, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lip Gloss - Chantecaille - Brilliant Gloss in Sweet

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These glosses are fantastic. They're hard to stray from once you wear them. I have too many glosses already but this feels very different from any other formula I've tried. And after I bought one of these I was obsessed and bought three more colors, then I pretty much ignored all my other glosses. The consistency is so light and comfortable, almost like a hybrid between a gel and a silicone. It coats my lips without any of the weight or thickness of a typical gloss. It's thin but not overly so and it doesn't stray or slide around past my lip line. I love how well it stays put so I don't have to worry if it's merging anywhere on a hot day. It lasts for a long time and leaves my lips feeling moisturized. It doesn't dry oddly either it just sort of eventually melts away into a balm sensation. Also the lack of stickiness is wonderful, especially for anyone with long hair who hates anytime a breeze causes strands to become glued to their gloss. Perfect gloss for people who are anti-lip gloss.

This is a great summer color and pairs so well with all the peach and coral blushes I've been wearing lately. It's a medium warm coral, more pink than peach. Not as bright as Glee but not as pale as Love or Mirth. The shimmer is neon pink, a nice change up from the standard gold shimmer that's usually in coral glosses. It's really subtle, just enough to catch the light and look glowy. I like having a pop of color without having to commit to a truly vivid, show stopping coral. It's sheer but shows up perfectly on my somewhat pigmented lips. More so than the many hint-of-color sheer glosses I own that tend to get a little lost in my own natural lip tone.

Sleek, simple packaging with a brush applicator. No fragrance or taste. I love this color and I'd repurchase it in a heartbeat.