New York Color Big Bold Ultra Volumizing Mascara

3.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Kind of a big wand but this mascara has been good thus far.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love trying mascaras! I'm so surprised I liked this one so much. I haven't had the greatest luck w/big plastic/rubbery wands like those Rimmel favors. This one has no bristles at the tip & is big but the formula is wet, as I prefer, as well as really black. My shade is #851 Extreme Black.I can whip it on w/ease! It makes my lashes quite black (they are a light brown). It claims to be a volumizing formula but it lengthens as well as it thickens. I'm blessed w/some curl so I never curl my lashes. I've had mascaras distort my lash shape in the past, as in, it looked great @ 1st then mid day, I got drooping. Not so here! No smudging or flaking, either. It pairs well w/other mascaras such as Almay One Coat Thickening & NYC's other offerings. I can do one coat for day & pull off 2 for night w/minimal clumping. The packaging is cute, too. I love the around $3 price. It removes easily. It claims to leave lashes supple & soft. This is true.

I love this mascara! I have pretty short lashes so this product works amazing at lengthening! It doesn't volumise as well as Covergirl lash blast or some of my other mascaras, but it does make them super dooper long and feathery looking. I love this mascara layered on top of a volumising mascara. The brush is very big so it is a bit hard to use on my bottom eyelashes, but I love it nonetheless.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've probably purchased and tried every reasonably priced drug store mascara out there, and I finally came across this one about a week ago. It's awesome for a $3 product! Its very black, doesn't clump, and applies nicely. I'm not usually a fan of the plastic brushes, but this one works just fine. it seperates and gives me a lot of volume. Will repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After 8+ years of wearing, buying and trying countless mascaras, I've found my drugstore HG! Considering the price, it is wonderful at volumizing & thickening. It does dry out rather quickly though. My lashes POP with this mascara and while not the best ever (those would be reserved for higher-end brands), it's the best mascara one can find for under $5.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

**.5 (2.5 RATING)
Not so bad for the price of about 4.99 Canadian dollars...It's an ok mascara. Good for separation & length. However, next time I purchase something that in-expensive, will opt for Essence mascara instead. NYC has nice lippies. I actually like their "Big Bold Curl" (in their turquoise tube) much better. Won't re-purchase nor suggest to friends.
UPDATE: I gave it to my friend yest (5-30-14) 5days after I bought it...I only wore it a couple times, so we boiled the wand & I gave it to her, she really likes it, so I'm glad it will get use as it would've just sat UN-used in my make-up bag.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The formula is great, it gave thick volume lashes. Not amazing but for 5 bucks, definitely a decent mascara as far as the formula. But the wand is bad. Way to big to get a good application. I have short skimpy lashes so the wand makes it difficult to apply mascara to my lashes in the corner of the eye. The bristles are too wide so it can't separate lashes and because of that, it causes clumping. Using a different wand or the mac 205 to apply the mascara fixes the problem. But not everyone has those lying around. And a mascara should have an appropriate size wand to improve application. I won't buy this again only because of the wand/bristles being too thick.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just tried this for the first time today and I hate it. I feel like I wasted money on it even though it was really cheap. The brush is way too big and I hate the rubber with the extra large "teeth" or whatever they're called. It clumped up immediately and I had to use an eyelash comb to separate the clumps. The large brush made getting into the corners impossible and my lashes were incredibly dry and stiff. Sigh... Another failed try. My search for a volumizing mascara continues.

This has been a pleasant surprise. I have overly sensitized upper lids and any mascara that transfers will cause itchy red dermatitis. I've been using this a couple weeks with no flakes, smudges or rashes.
The jumbo brush took a little getting used to, but now I like how it only takes 4-5 swipes per eye to get the look I like, which is more to the MLBB side than scary spider leg/ doll eye. I had previously been using Maybelline Volume Express Mega Plush in the aqua blue tube, I would say this gives just a bit more volume/ definition.
Removes easily and thoroughly, which also cuts down on eye area irritation.
Will purchase again

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I can't believe this mascara is getting such bad reviews! I bought this on a whim because I usually put my mascara on the way to work (I take a park & ride bus) and realized while I was on the bus that I had forgotten my makeup bag in a haste to get out the door. Anyway, once I got downtown I bought this at CVS because it was cheap and had a rubber brush - I usually use CoverGirl LashBlast.

The brush is a bit overwhelming at first but it gave me the most amazing long lashes! Granted I always wear Revlon Lash Fantasy as a primer so I don't know if that is why I got such amazing lashes with this but I was actually shocked at how long my lashes were. Absolutely no clumping and way cheaper than CoverGirl LashBlast - I have been reaching for this more and more! I usually have a backup LashBlast on deck but honestly this saves me a few bucks and gives me such phenomenal lashes I might not be buying LashBlast after I get through the next tube.

Popular Mascaras