April 21, 2014 | 1127 users online

Shampoo - Wen by Chaz Dean - Summer Coconut Mango Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by MaryMedieval

I love using Wen as a shampoo. My hair is long, fine & very damaged so I still use some Redken conditioner afterwards but using this just to cleanse really helped improve the state of my hair. I found this scent to be extra creamy which is probably great for all the bleaching I do. My boyfriend has thick, jaw length hair & he was blown away by how much healthier his hair felt afterwards. His being in perfect shape, from lack of beauty torture, he doesn't feel the need for any conditioner & it does feel nice w/o it. Must be great being a boy! lol I like the winter scent best but this is still good stuff so I would recommend it if u can afford it ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to finally try Wen after seeing so many reviews and chose this scent based on the reviews for it. I have to admit. I am falling in love with Wen. I have had a little bit of buildup if I use it all the time so I use it two times a week and another sulfate free product one time a week. I have found though that after using Wen I can go a day or two without washing. That does not sound like much, but it is great for my fine hair that gets easily weighed down and greasy. It takes some getting used to using Wen though. There is no real lather like we are used to with normal shampoo so you do have to rub more and rinse better. I have found that if I did not rub in enough and rinse well that I have issues with my hair.

There are different ways of using Wen. I think Wen changes it based on feedback. For me I go between doing my roots, rinsing and then my ends. And then sometimes I do my whole head, rinse, and do my whole head again.

I like this scent, but it is not my favorite. I find that it is really strong smelling. The benefit of that is that even when my hair is dry it still smells good. I would buy it again, but right now I want to try some of the other scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been a fan of Wen ever since QVC started selling it, I normally like the Fig, Pomegranate, & the 6/13 but the Summer Coconut Mango is AMAZING !!! Chaz please add it to your permanent line!!! I actually bought 5 bottles from QVC to hold me over for a while. It really moisturizes my coarse curly hair & makes it so much healthier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Very nice product. It smells awesome- really sweet and tropical. It moisturizes my 4c hair really well. My hair feels clean and not stripped. Detangling is less of a chore now. I only wish it came in the 32 oz size and that it was sold year round. I like it just as much as the wen kids strawberry banana.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by pln315

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After seeing the infomercials and product presentations numerous times, I decided to jump on the WEN bandwagon. I hesitated for so long because I couldn't justify the cost, but I decided 'what the heck, let me see if this product is really all that it's cracked up to be.' I can honestly say that (a) it is worth every penny and (b) it really does what it says! I've been using it for 3 weeks now and my hair is so soft and lustrous. WEN is a HUGE improvement over shampoo! I absolutely love this scent and am highly disappointed though that it won't be around anymore after this year. Hopefully, Chaz will come out with one next summer that smells just as good. From now on, I am sticking with WEN and it's so long to poo!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Misspoiltes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's been about 3 weeks since I started using Wen Summer Mango Coconut, and at first thought I would have given it a 5 star, but now I'd say a solid 3 stars or less. I think this company is a gimmick, a big trick to waste all your money. I have very long, very frizzy, wavy, fine hair and not a whole lot of it. This product makes my hair frizz city. After a period of time my hair is sick and tired of the same old product. It's about time to move on and find another product in hopes for perfect hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by dolceviiita

After I read that the seasonal scent was available, I had to jump on it and I am so glad I did because it smells amazing. I am an avid Wen user. Sure, the first month or so of using it, my hair was still in its adjusting process and had its ups and downs. But after months of using it, my hair has grown to look and feel healthier, and has become manageable (something that was impossible during humid summer weather). All thanks to this product! And of course, the seasonal scent makes it that much better. My boyfriend always comments how wonderful my hair smells after I hop out of the shower : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing WEN for almost 2 years and I really love the line. The summer coconut mango is my favorite scent. I'm crazy for it. It pisses me off this is a seasonal scent and they aren't going to offer it anymore after this year. It smells like pineapple and coconuts. I'm not a huge coconut fan when it comes to scents because they tend to smell like tanning lotion or extremely cloying. This smells fresh and tropical. I think the mango and pineapple help to balance out the coconut smell. It smells like summer and the beach. I love it. I wish they would make this in the gallon I love it so much. My cousin got her hands on a 32oz size when qvc.com had a special seasonal auto delivery plan. She gave me hers. I am hoarding it. I also have 2 of the 16 oz bottles, the spray mist, and the hair oil, all in this scent. I have threatened everyone that uses my shower to stay away from my mango coconut WEN. It makes my hair soft and the smell lasts for hours and hours. It smells so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by th3amazingashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has to be my favorite by far. The scent is great. And it lingers which I love. I also have tried the sweet almond mint. And I splurged and bought the gallon size bottle of fig wen. I don't think you could possibly go wrong with any of the wen shampoos ! My hair feels amazing, It only gets better every time I use it. I will never use another 'regular' shampoo as long as I live.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Ok, I'm weird. I love coconutty scents but sometimes they can get too cloying and sweet and they make me sick if I have to smell them all day. Suave, I'm looking at you! I didn't think I would like this cleansing conditioner as much as I like the other scents (Lavender, Pomegranate and Spring Gardenia) but for some strange reason, the menthol in the formula kinda balances out the sweet coconut mango scent. It lingers but doesn't make me sick to my stomach. I can also smell it when my hair gets wet again. My hair likes it but not as much as the wheat based Wen formulas. The seasonals and Pomegranate are soybased and a bit different.