April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Autumn Leaves

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I looked all over for months for a color like this. Only one I could find was this Nars. I never tried Nars before so I said, oh cool. Beautiful color, very pigmented and rich. MY complaint is the gritty texture. I could do without it and its the ONLY thing that turns me off from this lipstick.

I don't know if its just this particular one, but it deters me from wearing it. It does last a long while and stains my lips after. It's a GORGEOUS brandy/copper shade...not the best for my skin tone, cool/fair, but I love the color so much I just ignored that lol.

My take on this, gorgeous shade that is super unique (there are NO dupes, I looked for months), there is a gritty texture that is unpleasant, smells fine, is very rich in pigment, and lasts. The price is a little off-putting at $26 and I don't like the packaging. It's that weird rubberized packaging like Smashbox I hate. It gets a weird sticky film after awhile that comes off on your hands and everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by syashimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was busy swatching away like no tomorrow at a NARS counter until I swatched Autumn Leaves. When I tried it on my lips, it looks like a red... with orange undertones and glitter. I usually avoid glitters like a plague, but I am impressed at how wearable and unique Autumn Leaves is so I bought it right away!

Pros:
- Unique shade
- A good shade of warm red to wear without the "in your face" factor!
- Buildable

Cons:
- Not as moisturising as Dolce Vita, but I don't mind
- The glitter isn't for everyone

It's certainly a shade that doesn't get enough recognition, but it's also a "try before you buy shade".

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by shannbronzo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!! I had an Aveda lipgloss that I was obsessed with and when it was discontinued I went to Sephora to see if I could find a match. Two sales associates ran around and helped me color match.....the closest thing we could find was this. One lippie off because I honestly cannot believe the price! However that said...it is gorgeous! A beautiful rusty orange red.......and it has staying power. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by MarissaRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

I'm normally a lip gloss girl, but I was attracted to the name and color of this lipstick. I was a little nervous about the color at first, but I ended up loving it. This is my go-to color. The brandy color seems like a mixture of orange, red, and a little bit of bronze. I have yellow/olive undertones and this color is super flattering.
Not only do I love the color and the name of the lipstick, I love the staying power it has as well. It lasts all day, even in the Arizona heat without drying out my lips.
This is my new favorite lipstick and I will continue to purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by ToxicMegacolon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this. Love. love. loooove.

The color is unique, the formula is soft and buttery, and the pigment is strong. Really nice. One lippie off for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by sumuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was never a lipstick girl. I pined to be, but after about 20-25 failed attempts (aka purchases), I gave up on lip products. My lips were too dry, too patchy, I bit them too much so no color would apply evenly, even if I exfoliated. The colors looked odd against my complexion, they made my face look chubby and my lips small, regardless of the shade and despite the fact that I have full lips. But today, on roughly my 26th attempt, today is the day I became a lipstick-wearing gal. Autumn leaves is a wonderful orange-red/terracotta hybrid with a healthy injection of microfine gold shimmers- they're almost undetectable, but they add that extra something that people can't put their finger on. All they know is, this lipstick's got a very, very, good thing going. This is a sheer formula, but it's definitely buildable to a semi-opaque finish. You can be bold without having the boldness of a full opacity lip color. I think the beautiful thing about this lipstick is it really builds off of your natural lip color, enhances it and makes this very warm and autumn color entirely doable.

I have a warm complexion, with yellow/olive undertones and this is the epitome of flattering. Autumn Leaves is an excellent way for lipstick-lovers to start down the orange/warm-toned path. If you have a warm complexion and see it hard to find lipsticks that actually flatter you, let alone sit well on you, give this one a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

I am beyond thrilled that I can pull this off! I have blonde hair, hazel green eyes, and a neutral fair to medium skin tone. Generally, I have a problem pulling off colors that are too cool (like MAC pink nouveau) or too warm (I did not like MAC fresh Moroccan on me) and this lipstick is very warm. But I saw it on others online and I figured I'd take a chance anyhow. So glad I did, because miraculously it looks great! One swipe is very sheer, two swipes is a bit more opaque. If I had to describe this color, I would say it is like a kind of a rusty orange, with gold flecks. Makes the green in my hazel eyes stand out a LOT.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Limey

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous colour. I am a very warm , green-eyed reddish blonde and this is perfection on me. Fresh had a colour similar to this years ago that I loved, I think it was Renaissance something or other . This is a beautiful orange/red , not bright so much as saturated with subtle golden flecks, great one to wear with no other make-up just wakes up your whole face. Probably too warm if you are a cool-toned person.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up today. It is a wonderful color for fall, but I will be wearing it year round. It is a sheer coral-brown-red with gold flakes. Autumn Leaves seem fairly pigmented even though it is in the “sheer” l/s group. By comparison, it is more opaque then Love Devotion (which is a more poppy coral sheer) and Outsider (which is more brown). When I first swatched it on my hand, it came up very orange with gold shimmer. But, when applied to my pigmented lips, it is a lovely, very wearable, coral-red with gold shimmer. It sounds bright, but it is a surprisingly office appropriate color. I am a big fan of Nars l/s and find them to be moisturizing and long wearing and this l/s is no exception. I got the l/s at Nordstoms for $24.00. This is a great new addition to their sheer l/s line. Love it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm just in awe. This lipstick is lovely. It's hard to describe...but imagine a mixture of red and orange that isn't too overpowering of one or the other. The color is just gorgeous. It's a rusty/spice color with gold shimmer that adds a lovely glow. It's slightly sheer, but not overly sheer. It's not transparent at all, it's just not quite opaque. It's also not as drying as other NARS lipsticks (I think it's the formula of the sheer lipsticks), which is really nice if you have chapped lips all the time like me. I think this should be part of their permenant line. I might even buy a spare before times up on this. Darn limited edition.