September 20, 2014 | 1227 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Length Waterproof Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of the brands and formulas I've tried so far, this is my favorite drugstore mascara!

I bought this not expecting much at all. I was looking to find a thrifty alternative to e.l.f, because the smudging got to be more than I could handle. I've tried all the other major Walgreens brands (CG, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Rimmel, etc.) but never Wet N' Wild. I've had really good luck with WNW lately, so I decided to give it a shot.

I was more than surprised the first time I used this. Usually, more inexpensive mascara is dry, even in a fresh tube. Imagine my surprise when I pulled out the wand and it was wet! And shiny! Definitely a good sign. The wand is great too. It was the same plastic as opposed to fiber wand I love(d) so much about e.l.f mineral. But this wand is more narrow. I can get right up on the roots of all my lashes and get great coverage from root to tip.

I will agree with previous reviewers on the clumping. Right out of the gate, the first few times I used this, I had the same issue. It was easily remedied by wiping all mascara off the wand and combing out but that's a step I shouldn't have to take. A week or so after opening this tube, the formula got waaay easier to work with. Perhaps it dried out just the right amount. The pigment is dark and once I got the right consistency, I am loving this. It doesn't smudge or flake at all and one coat is just right for everyday wear.

The packaging is cute (I love the purple) and the price is great! I am sure there are other mascaras out there that do more than this one does. And they have a larger price tag to go with it. I will stick with this for my everyday, fuss free mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like using this for my bottom lashes. It separates them really well and the bristles are small so it's very easy to use for that purpose.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Youhaveabigbut

Okay so I have semi long STRAIGHT eyelashes , and always curl my eyelashes when I put mascara. But when I used this mascara , it was just NOOO. It made them clumpy, wet, and stuck. if that even makes sense lol I really had hope for this mascara so I tried again but this time letting the mascara dry out for a day. And again nooooo. I would rather spend $4 more for the cover girl lashbast mascara (the orange one) as a volumizimg mascara . But hey it might work for youu!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by abstraction8878

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beats high end lengthening mascaras! For 3$ this is the biggest makeup must try for my short lashed friends. I was not even expecting the results I got with this mascara. Extremely buildable to crazy length, refuses to clump, zero flaking or smudging and the plastic bristled thin wand is truly ideal for me! Love pairing this with a volumizing mascara for a false lash effect. Very impressive and I am definitely going to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Waterproof indeed, when you try to wash it off. However it smudges, does not hold a curl, and makes my lashes look extremely spidery. Formula is also way too watery.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by auntita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very wet formula that weights down my lashes and takes a while to dry. I would say this is somewhat water resistant but not waterproof or smudge proof. An OK mascara after a couple weeks of getting some air and drying out some but there better cheap mascaras out there.
Purchased because it was so cheap, "waterproof" and cruelty free. I'll try something new next time. I did like the wand...nice and small with rubber bristles that separate lashes well. I hate when they are too bulky.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is average for me - not amazing, but not so horrible that I can't use it. I bought it in waterproof by accident; I never buy waterproof mascara because for some reason it's always so difficult for me to get off. On the other hand, I do like that this mascara has great staying power and doesn't flake or smudge on me. My main complaint is in the way it applies. Because the bristles are a little bit far apart, it doesn't do a great job separating my lashes; in fact it tends to clump my lashes together, which isn't ideal for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Sabrina67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on the hunt for a truly waterproof mascara and one that won't break the bank. I used to wear CG Marathon mascara, but that has long since been discontinued and I have been trying to find its equivalent ever since (to no avail, I might add).

I read some reviews on here that stated it was truly waterproof. I also read some that said it wasn't. Being an optimist, I thought I would go with the reviews that said it was and I purchased a tube of waterproof in black.

I was disappointed in this. I put it on my lashes and waited a good amount of time for it to finally dry (this took a while). Finally, I did the 'splash test'. I splashed water in my face 3 times. The mascara ran like crazy (like it was running a Marathon? lol) and I had mascara running down my face. NOT WATERPROOF. How do they get away with stating a product is waterproof when it won't pass a basic waterproof 'test'?

I like the wand of the mascara. It did a good job of separating and lengthening my lashes and I was impressed by that. I don't curl my lashes, so I can't comment on whether or not it holds a curl. However, since I bought it for its waterproof ability (my eyes water a lot) and since it so clearly isn't waterproof, I can't recommend this "waterproof" version to anyone who is looking for a good waterproof mascara with staying power. Stay away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This mascara does nothing for my straight Asian eyelashes. I guess it's good at separating but it can get clumpy and "wet" real fast. If you are blessed with long, luscious eyelashes, this will probably look great on you. But if you have stubborn straight down lashes, I would steer clear of this product. Oh, and it's not very practical for those who wear glasses..smudges everywhere!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by coffeelover1989

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this takes a while to dry which stinks and it goes on thick not very good