November 27, 2014 | 962 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Hollywood Walk of Fame

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by maemae629

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Everybody's talking about how horrible this product is but honestly I think that for the price, this stuff is absolutely wonderful. True, if you do not know how to apply it, you'll end up thinking it's just oversized glitter in runny clear nail polish.
But listen up friends, I have found the secret to using this nail polish in order to get many little stars on the brush and then onto your manicured fingertips. With this method, I had been able to get a completely star-covered finger nail in a mere twocoats (because of the sheer size of the glitter stars and the tininess of my fingers). Are you ready? Here it is:

Mix the nail polish before you use it. That's it.

Roll it up in your hands, shake it, flip it upside down for a couple seconds, and then pull the brush out and see the dazzling array of stars sitting on your applicator, because remember folks, glitter—especially of this size—settles from time to time.
Additional info: the drying time was about average and it still hasn't chipped for a week now. I don't know about you, but I'm certainly pleased.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by beetlegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think I've ever owned a worse nail polish. I'm utterly baffled how it got out of the test phase, or if they tested it at all. The stars are next to impossible to apply. They don't stick to the brush. It seems that they stick to the opening of the bottle when you take the brush out. There are a few other smaller pieces of glitter that sort of show up, but not really.

You're better off using a clear coat, & then dipping your finger in star shaped glitter.

Long story short? This nail polish is a big fat RIP OFF

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by mlpolax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not too happy with any of the Fergie Wet n Wild polishes in general. In the bottle they look so pretty and when you finally go to apply them, they're nothing but a watery mess. I got the Hollywood Walk of Fame because I was so enamored with it. When you apply it, all you get is the clear base, no stars at all. You keep applying it until you practically have an inch thick of the clear base on your finger, and that's just to get a few stars. Beautiful polish but you really have to work with it. I've found using a toothpick to get the stars out of the bottle and placing them on the wet base that's already applied to your fingernail works best. Even like the the review under mine said, the stars fall off pretty quickly unless you use a good topcoat.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by vancandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Urgh... I can't imagine a group of testers ACTUALLY trying out this stuff and saying "Yep, seems good! Ship it!" This polish definitely looks pretty, flashy and exciting in the bottle, but it completely fails in reality. The stars and glitter just slip off the applicator, making it nigh on impossible to get them out of the tube. If you do manage to get some, you've applied so much clear nail polish that the finish is lumpy and unprofessional, like a manicure I would have given myself when I was 8.

The stars don't even stick... They generally fall off in less than a day.

I'm giving the polish two lippies rather than 1 because the limited effect you can get IS nice, and the smell isn't too overpowering for a cheap polish, which is important because you'll be working with the product for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I've had this polish for a while and I like it for the most part. It is hard getting the stars off the brush but in all honesty its not that serious lol

All I do is cut the end off a q-tip and use the stick part to pick up a star and apply it to the nail and thats it! Super easy and once I apply a top coat I'm done.

I'm 50/50 on a repurchase so idk the bottle will last me a long time since I don't always use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by mirahvk

Complete crap... I had high hopes, but it's impossible to get the stars off the brush (if they come out of the bottle at all), and if they do come off the brush, they clump together and getting them apart requires so much work with the brush that you ruin your manicure... You'll just get giant globs of clear polish, which takes SO LONG to dry. Better to put loose glitter confetti on freshly painted nails with a toothpick or tweezers... And $3.50 for a WnW polish is overpriced, even if it was decent enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by dyoung2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had such bad luck with this polish, which was disappointing for me because in the bottle the polish looks so cute. I love the starry glitter concept, but I could barely get any of the stars on the brush let alone my nails and then there was the problem of the polish refusing to dry-- it was horrible. I might try another of the Fergie nail polishes but after 'Hollywood Walk of Fame' I'm a little hesitant.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really fun polish! I seen this and passed it up at least 4 times and finally decided one day when I was at Walgreens to grab it.

It has big star shaped glitters and little tiny speckles in different colors in a clear polish. I first tried to apply it right off the wand that it comes with. While that half way works I ended up just pouring some out on a piece of paper and getting a toothpick and picking up the glitter that way. It took a little longer but it was more the look I was going for because I could then place it where I wanted.

I found it at Walgreens for $3.49 which is a little expensive IMO for a WnW polish. I'm sure Walmart will have these soon or a later since they now carry WnW. Not sure I'd buy this again because this will last me for a while but if you have any question about it pick it up for yourself and give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just a clear polish with scant glitter and metallic blue, red, pink and silver stars in it. It's kind of a crap shoot to get the stars where you want them, and Kleancolor sells this same thing for only $1. This was on sale at Wags for $1.99, regularly $3.49.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Kind of gimmicky (spelling?). Although this is really cute, there is no possible way to apply this other than to hope at least a couple stars stick to the brush. Even then you have to manually remove them from the brush to place them where you want. Plus the staying power is horrible- as is any nail polish with large glitter pieces.

If you try to brush these on, you will get a glop of clear polish and no stars. So, next time I want to use stars in my pedicure, I will just buy star confetti and place them on my freshly clear-polished painted nails.

This would be much better if they had loaded the bottle with stars. My bottle along with the others on the rack were lacking in the confetti.