December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Live Clean - live clean exotic nectar replenishing body lotion with argan oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by candybum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite lotion! It smells very light and a bit sweet. The lotion itself is very thin, and takes a few seconds to rub in, but it absorbs very well, and my skin stays moisturized all day. It's fall now though, so the true test will be if it can stand up to a harsh Canadian winter! I have a feeling it will, but I'll update if not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Claims - True or False?
1) Nourishes and replenishes skin: True
2) Improved texture and tone: Somewhat true
3) Non-greasy and absorbs quickly: True
4) Leaves skin soft and smooth: True

Packaging:
Comes in two sizes: a 227ml/7.7oz squeeze tube and a 500ml/17oz pump bottle. I own the larger size. The body of the packaging has a slight tear-shaped design, the plastic is semi-opaque white, the pump can swivel around but cannot lock in place for travel, and the ingredients are listed on the back of the bottle. The design is very pretty and clean, simple. The plastic is soft enough that it'd be easy enough to cut through it to get the last bit out or squeeze it out.

Formula:
A "natural" product free of phthalate, paraben, petroleum, and mineral oil. Claims to be vegan with organic botanicals, not tested on animals, biodegradable ingredients, and hypoallergenic. A medium thick consistency with a stronger (I'd assume argan) scent that is pleasing and soft.

Performance:
This is one my top favourite body lotions. It works great when in need of a light dose of moisture but can also be layered if you're in need of more hydration or can be added to oils/thicker creams to create a custom level of hydration. Although a thicker formula it feels very light on the skin and absorbs in seconds - by the time I am done applying lotion to my 2nd arm my 1st arm no longer has any residue. The skin does have a slight oily sheen to it but it doesn't transfer onto clothing or make the skin feel slippery. While applying it the product does get streaky on my skin when applying larger amounts to larger areas, but it is massaged/rubbed into the skin easily without leaving behind patches or missing skin. Maintains moisture until it has been washed off, and doesn't generally need to be reapplied much unless my skin is quite dry or I just want very soft skin. Works well on the entire body, although I have to be careful around my shoulders because it can cause minor breakouts for my skin. Aside from the skin feeling softer and hydrated, and the added sheen, I am unaware of any substantial changes in the quality of my skin in regards to texture or tone. It is a product that needs to be used regularly to maintain changes, but I have noticed that after some time I don't need to use as much or use it as often.

Bang for your Buck:
I purchased the large size for around $7-8CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart and have seen the smaller tube for around half the cost at Target. I'm not sure if Target sells the larger bottle or if other stores sell it for a lesser amount, but not much is needed per use and it costs less than my other favourite basic lotion, Neutrogena Norwegian formula.

Final Consensus:
Absolutely a great body lotion for normal to dry skin, even for skin that doesn't need that much extra hydration. Mix wtih other products/ingredients for added moisture at a cheaper price as well. Would recommend to others.
* Overall Rating: 5/5
* Price: 1/5
* Packaging Quality: 4/5
* Repurchase: Yes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by akneil

Love this lotion! It smells great (vanilla, sweet, kind of like cake) and moisturizes well! It is very cheap and Live Clean is a fantastic line!
The only issue i have with this product is that it is a little runny, it could be a thicker formula. You just have to be a little careful it doesn't spill when you're using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

I looovvve this brand... first of all. Live clean is a brand that offers natural ingredients (98% natural!) in there line, and the difference is... it's not a rip off/ too expensive such as burt's bees!

Smell:
- like vanilla
- it is a noticable smell... so if you like smells... u'll love this
- if you don't like smells like me (except a subtle smell) then this still works cause after you apply it, it leaves a soft nice smell <3 :)

Appearance
- too runny :( ... but works great!
-spills out of bottle easily

Price$
- was 4.97.. on sale for 3.97... and then I had a one dollar coupon you can get from their facebook page= 2.97... way cheaper than aveeno and other brands and AMAZING!

Also, I used to use burt's bees which was amazing... but too expensive, so i switched to aveeno which didn't moisturize well enough though i liked the odd smell.... so i bought this which doesn't leave my skin dry like aveeno :)

Also, it's first ingredients are;
1)aqua with argania spinosa kernel extract
2) vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil
3) Olea Europoea (Olive) fruit oil
4) glycerin
...... blahglahglahg
14) Argania Spinosa kernal Argan Oil
... ingredinents are great and it's worth it... it returned my glowwww :)