Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 7/6/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bloody love this stuff! I have oily skin with a few spots and blemishes and this foundation covered everything. EVERYTHING. I used less than one pump on my entire face and I swear to god everything looked flawless. I understand how some people may find it hard to blend but I personally did not have this issue myself. I simply cleansed and moisturised my face then spritzed the Mac fix+ spray 3 times onto my face and let it soak in. I then used a real techniques face brush and dabbed that lightly into the pump of foundation and buffed/patted it into a section of my face at a time. I have never had a foundation like this! It is so highly pigmented and the colour match (light 46) is amazing. It does not look or feel cakey either. It doesn't really have a smell and is rather smooth in texture. I have bought two bottles of this simply because I am THAT in love. I didn't even need to conceal anything including dark circles which is fantastic! If you love full coverage this is the foundation for you.

on 7/3/2015 12:14:00 PM

Not impressed at all!! I have put this on with my fingers, blending sponge, brush and it still looks dry and flat. I have a couple of small scars on my face and it did not really cover them that well. I prefer a foundation to give my skin a dewy glow which this did not do. I have dry skin and this just made it feel even more dry. It may be okay for people with oily skins but its too dry for me. On the plus side it did last well but Its way too expensive for what it is.

on 7/3/2015 9:44:00 AM

This foundation is amazing for living up to its claims. It is EXTREMELY full coverage. I wouldn't suggest purchasing this if you are expecting any less. I love this foundation for special occasions (prom...etc) but don't have much use for it otherwise. This foundation is also great for mixing with moisturizer, BB cream, etc to add more coverage or sheer it out. It is also extremely long-wearing. I wouldn't repurchase this solely for the fact that I don't need nor do I want to wear full coverage foundations, but I may sell this on MUE in the future.

on 6/29/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely pale, oily skin. I also have acne scars.. this foundation did cover the acne scars but it feels like a paste that hardens. not the biggest fan, but if I need extreme coverage I use this.

The shade that lady at sephora recommended me was light 44 (WAY TO DARK FOR ME)
I look like I have a bad spray tan only on my face.

If you need heavy coverage than I recommend this foundation, but make sure you put this on your skin in store before you purchase.

on 6/29/2015 3:51:00 PM

This product has amazing coverage but I have very oily skin and EVEN with a good setting powder ( I use NYX ) it doesn't stay pretty and set for long on me. If you're looking for great coverage, this is for you. It is highly pigmented. If it had more staying power (as it claims to be 24 hour makeup) then I would've given it a better rating.
The price isn't too steep and it's overall a good product. But I think I will stick to my MAC Pro Long wear.

This is a really full coverage matte foundation, and I mean REALLY full coverage. Sometimes I forget I have acne marks or freckles when I wear this foundation. I brought it for $80NZD off of Ebay, as Kat Von D isn't exactly a common brand here in New Zealand. When applied with a beauty blender or flat top face brush it doesn't feel heavy or cakey. The first time I applied this foundation I used my fingers and hated the result but have since perfected my technique. Great foundation if you can handle the obvious make up look.

on 6/27/2015 8:53:00 PM

Okay here is the truth and honest review of this foundation. Yes, this foundation is the biggest rave right now. People absolutely are obsessed with it and others hate it so much. I bought this in Light45. They matched me pretty well! The packaging is awesome too I love it. Anyways this is a very thick, full coverage foundation. That being said, it does not feel thick on the face at all which is amazing. When I first tried it I've noticed it did look cakey, the way I applied it (using my bareminerals smoothing brush). I hated it and I was just about to take it back and try a different product. Well I've done my research and decided to give it another try!!! This foundation is absolutely stunning if you know what you are doing! It is best to apply with a beauty blender and/or a flat foundation brush. Use your fingers to dot the foundation all over then buff it with your sponge. For more coverage use a light layer with the flat brush and walaaaa!! You have that flawless powerless look everyone dies for. People give this product a thumbs down BC of how they applied it!!! Any product can make you look cakey without the correct application! Give this product a try and find the way the application works for you!! It's beautiful and has a matte finish. And wow it's just stunning I love this. It covers up EVERYTHING. If you are not into a full coverage foundation this isn't for you. :)

I have wanted to try this for ages and have seen samples being sold on ebay but the prices they are asking for 1ml is a rip off! I went on to Rose's beauty store and bought a sample on there for £1.45. I suffer with hot sweats so wanted something that would last and not slide off my face after 10 minutes. However for the price this foundation is absolute rubbish!! It did not cover very well and made my skin look dull. It did not last very well either. I use Max Factor face finity and that is pretty good, not perfect but I would rather pay £12.99 than £35.50 for Kat von D which in my opinion is worse than a lot of the cheap foundations. You are obviously just paying for the name.

on 6/24/2015 8:43:00 PM

I used M52 in this foundation, coverage was amazing but the foundation would emphasize my spots, which I didn't like. I would use a small amount and it would cover my entire face. Long lasting = yes! Would I repurchase? No. Only because of how it would emphasize my dry spots. I'm sure I can find a drugstore foundation that can get the job done.

on 6/24/2015 4:09:00 PM

I brought this in medium shade 53 which is a very yellow tone - too yellow for my olive skin. However I ordered some samples from roses beauty store and the shade 52 was too peachy and the 54 was a neutral tone. Strangly enough the sample pots, when the product settled, were better then in the bottle. Went patchy on my skin and bits came off x

Video Reviews & Tutorials