September 30, 2014 | 2051 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kris11842

I have really sensitive skin as to breaking out often. I tried many liquid foundations, drug store ones, even Lancôme and MAC (I heard MAC is supposed to be good, it left my face VERY cakey, I only use their powder). So I got tired of trying all these stuff and I was on this review website and so I decided to go to Sephora and purchase it, might I add, it took me no more than 10 seconds to walk up to the beauty advisor and she swatched the color on me and it was a perfect match, my color is a Light 44. It was $37 with taxes, let me be the one to say it was WORTH the $37 I spent. It's full coverage and very light weight and leaves my skin looking airbrushed and smooth, it seriously looks like I have an airbrush effect on my face. A little goes a VERY long way with this foundation, i don't even need a dime size for my WHOLE FACE! with the previous makeup I used I would have to put so much for it to show or come out. I really LOVE this foundation and this is the one i will continue to use and I will never purchase any other foundation ever again. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY... You don't even need that much this one will probably last me 6 months or more, no joke. This is by far the BEST liquid foundation I've ever used and I'm so happy i tried it. Ladies, if you are having trouble with full coverage light weight foundation and you want the best one, this is the one to go with 100% the best

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Lefrak

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I have searched high and low and have spent hundreds of dollars trying to find a good foundation and this is it. I am a brown skin black woman, I was matched to this foundation when I visited Sephora, my color is deep 74. I apply it in the morning and set it with Ben Nye Camel setting powder and that is it. It matches perfectly and I love the way it looks and wears. Thank you Kat Von D!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by oodles12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this stuff does not budge. covers EVERYTHING. but the foundations for deep skin tones are SOOOO off! they gave way to much red in them and don't match anyone. horrendous. literally mahogany. if it were actually brown and matched a REAL black person's complexion the product would be great. It's like the creators have never seen a dark skinned person before because the colors for deep skin tones are ridiculous. a little goes a LONG way especially with a brush. beauty blender gives a more natural finish. never broke me out

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I just want to quickly add another positive review of this wonderful foundation!!!

....I don't think I have anything original to add to all the through reviews- suffice to say it's great for my oily, acne-prone skin. IT'S LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jessdh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far, I have only worn this makeup twice, but I am going to go ahead and do a first impression review. I love full coverage foundations and I want a flawless, blank canvas. I also have some acne, scarring, and sun spots that need covering. I have sensitive, combination skin, with an oily t-zone and dry spots around my chin and jawline. This foundation comes in a wonderful pump bottle, has a very thick consistency, is very full coverage, and is 34 dollars at Sephora. It says it is 24 hour wear, transfer resistant, fragrance free, and oil free. Oh, and there's lots of colors to choose from, I chose Light 48 and it is a great match for me. OK, so application.. The first day I used this, I tried it without a primer, but moisturized very well, I actually mixed two moisturizers together so I wouldn't get any accentuating of dry spots. I just used your basic foundation brush by Essence of Beauty from CVS. I used about 2 pumps and just dotted it all over and started blending. I had absolutely no problems blending it in. I then set it with powder (Neutrogena Shine Control powder). This foundation has a very light feel to it, but it most definitely gives extreme full coverage. It gives a matte finish, but it doesn't get powdery. It actually feels quite hydrating. After being at work for a couple hours, I checked it and was a little disappointed. It was creasing pretty bad in my forehead lines and made me look like I had that stupid crepey skin under my eyes, even though without makeup you can barely see any lines under my eyes. The staying power with this stuff is awesome though. It doesn't separate, or give you any oilies. So the second time I tried it, I used a primer around my eyes and on my forehead, (Loreal Magic Perfecting Base) and that helped a LOT with the creasing. I also applied it with a damp beauty blender and used a bit less powder, and got a much better result. There was still a little creasing when I checked it at work, but I think the important thing is you will most definitely have to prime with this product! I love the way it feels on my skin, it doesn't accentuate dry spots, and it has not given me any new zits. Normally with other foundations, I have at least one new pimple by end of the day. I think this is probably a great makeup for people with oily, acne prone skin. So far, I'm really liking it but I'm going to keep working with it, and shop around for a really good primer, and then hopefully it will be my HG!

I started using per-fékt skin perfecting gel as a primer underneath this foundation and I have come to LOVE IT. I put the primer all over my whole face and let it "set" for a few minutes before applying the foundation. Nothing covers like Lock It, I mean seriously.... This foundation is fantastic. I have some pretty terrible acne, and just starting using tretinoin, and I can still wear this and it doesn't highlight the dry skin at all. It gives me such an amazing, flawless finish. Will continue to repurchase until my skin clears up, and then probably after that too!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Glamourgirrl4evr

I'm always looking for my Holy Grail long-wear foundation due to my oily T-zone and living in an area with year-round high temps & humidity. I also work in a fast paced restaurant and get shiny QUICK and don't have time for touch-ups during my shift.

First let's start off with the pro's:

-The product does what it says--it's long wear and matte. I have very oily T-zone and decided to use an anti-aging primer under it instead of an oil-control one because of the formulation. It lasted a long time between touch ups and I never used any additional powder on top of it. I just blotted myself with a paper towel when I did sweat.

-A little goes a long way. I used VERY little product and used a beauty blender to stipple it into my skin. I actually don't really care for full-coverage but wanted the versatility to use less or more depending on the look I wanted. I also didn't need to use a separate concealer.

-It did create a nice canvas to layer other products (powder, blush, bronzer, etc.) I personally don't think a powder is always needed over this foundation.

Now the not so pro's:

-This foundation wears, looks, and smells to me EXACTLY like Revlon ColorStay. I honestly expected more for a 30 something dollar product. Nothing really bad about it but if I can get the same result for 10 bucks then I'll certainly save the extra money.

-Perhaps it's just me, but whenever I use ANY long-wear product, especially foundation and lipsticks, glosses, etc.--it tends to finish off dull, dry, and accentuates my pores & fine lines. It almost always makes me look older, which is a frustrating pay off in return for long wear. The product never seems to seamlessly "melt" into my skin but always "sits" on top of it like a layer or a mask.

The best long wear foundation I bought recently was Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H. It had a medium coverage, was more viscous and blendable, and had more of a semi-dewy, satin finish. Only problem is, I needed more product and so I used it up pretty quick.

I'm still on the fence but I will probably be returning this and will repurchase T.I. or Makeup Forever's HD foundation. The latter is not really long wear but it does last a while over a mattifying primer and has a beautiful, natural finish that defuses imperfections.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jamievegas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok so I have very oily acne prone skin, I LOVE this foundation. It is full coverage and a little goes a long way however corny that sounds. The formula is extremely thick and I had to buy a very specific brush (Sephora pro airbrush #55) because my other foundation brush didnt work and made it look streaky, this foundation does need a primer though and where i live, it gets extremely hot and humid and I noticed this foundation tended to flake off when I wasnt wearing primer. I did notice though through out the day it did flake off and i dont typically wear a primer i have yet to find a good one. I do wish it were cheaper but this foundation is good for winter which is what I got it for aka Christmas, again this stuff is very thick and sometimes it did get annoying at how much i seemed to have to really blend and take time to do but i want my makeup to look good. I actually like it better than my mac pro longwear foundation but it can look cakey if you put too much on. Initially I think this is product is worth it just have a really good primer on hand. And I wear light 45 so this is good for acne prone skin because i dont typically wear concealer for my acne but this stuff covered it pretty much fully so I cant complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I had been hearing about this product for months in various youtube videos, from friends, etc, but was nervous to take the leap. I have dry skin, and was worried that the product would only highlight my dry areas. Boy was I wrong!! It is AMAZING. A totally natural looking full-coverage foundation. People have been complimenting me non stop on my (seemingly) flawless and glowing complexion. It also DEFINITELY lasts all day!! I don't even have to retouch that's says a lot at @42😏

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is way too thick, its very pigmented but the formula needs to be more viscous. Its like paste on your face emphasising every pore and flakie. A much better version is the Becca Complete Coverage Foundation, since its just as pigmented but so much better in formula. I don't recommend this under any circumstances, you can get other high coverage foundations without putting up with the glue like thickness. I tried every primer but it is still too thick and was not even in finish. There is no slip so make sure you moisturise and prime prime prime!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by 04x13

This foundation has amazing coverage, a little goes a long way. I'm ok with the consistency being a little thick because it does what it says, it's FULL coverage, and transfer resistance which is perfect. I have discolouration on my nose and around my mouth, with this foundation I don't need to apply any concealer which is a plus. The foundation goes on light but the colour will start to set and darken a bit on your skin which is perfect for me. I have been obsessed with it. Although lately my t zone has been oily more than usual and this foundation didn't mattify as great as it usually does for me so it's best to wear with a finishing powder(it is fine without though). For a foundation that claims to mattify it does do a good job though.And it's best to put on a primer first if you have dry patches on your skin. The packaging is okay, it comes with a little thing to stop the pump, don't lose it because it's helpful. And if you apply this foundation with brush it often leaves lines, I use the beauty blender instead and it goes on smoothly.