July 31, 2014 | 1015 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by zouie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The consistency is pretty thick, but surprisingly it is pretty buildable and stays matte even without primer (of course it is much better with it but still). I'd recommend using moisturizer/hydrating primer on the areas that tends to get drier though, because although I have an oily skin it got me dry on certain areas on my skin. Unfortunately it tends to look slightly cakey on me but only if you look really closely, but it's matte and extremaly thick so not even that surprising. I do not know about other shades but mine has a pink undertone which is not the best since im more yellowish, but overall I am satisfied.
But be careful, since it's that thick it might be causing you pimples, but maybe it's just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I initially got matched for this foundation a few months ago and they matched me with light 42 which actually matched my pale skin. I only just now got around to purchasing the foundation and unfortunately that shade is no longer sold in sephora stores and says coming soon on their website. I had to purchase light 44 which is just a touch darker than my skin but better than most. However that is my onlu complaint. This is not a natural foundation. It is full coverage and you can tell that there is makeup on your face but it doesn't look cakey or powdery. If you have dryer skin I do reccomend moisturizing and exfoliating regularly. As for the wear it last on me all day. I can have goundation on my face for up to 16 hours and this foundation will still be pn my face. If you are looking for a full coverage foundation I can not think of anything better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: medium 53 (NC37 for reference)

PROS

- full coverage
- lightweight
- long wearing
- oil control
- comes with a pump
- doesn't settle into fine lines
- little goes a long way

CONS

- difficult to blend
- dries quickly
- clings to dry spots

COMMENTS: This is great for oily skin. It stays put and controls oil very well. I love the coverage, but it never feels heavy. It does dry quickly and is quite thick, so you have to work fast. I suggest using a sponge for the best application - a little goes a long way! It doesn't settle into fine lines, either. The major con that I have with this is because of its thick/dry texture, it clings onto dry spots real bad. I also prefer something that doesn't take as much work to blend. Love the product, but if it weren't for those cons I would repurchase.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Gbibiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love this product! Great for my combination skin (oily t zone and dry outer skin). Awesome coverage, even though it's not heavy duty as it says but still good enough coverage. Also very smart packaging, love the pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by janesp34

So i went to sephora to get a match for a foundation and the MUA recommended this. I thought it was okay but it is super heavy on your face. It definitely covers but it feels as if your wearing a mask. I didn't get oily which is good, but i wouldn't try it again. I hate feeling like im wearing a mask

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by paisleypunk

It does what it promises, which is incredible full, matte coverage. For the most part, I did like this foundation. However, it is extremely thick, almost glue-like, and I found it difficult to blend - almost impossible if I wasn't wearing a moisturizer underneath it. I didn't notice it break me out, but it did tend to cake up and dry my skin. Lastly, the range of shades isn't the most extensive, and the shade I owned seemed to oxidize after a few hours, becoming too dark and orangey for my very fair skin. Overall a good foundation, just not the best fit for people like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Hannnahwil

OH MY. This foundation completely exceeded my expectations. I had been struggling finding a good full coverage foundation, it was either not enough coverage or too cakey. I am not a huge fan on using concealer so my foundation would either be too sheer or look very cake face. This product is hands down the best full coverage foundation I have ever used. Definitely my new HG product. It's good for all skin types if you prep your skin properly with a good moisturizer and primer. It will leave your skin absolutely flawless. I was so worried it would clog my pores and break me out but since I've been using it, it hasn't broke me out once. I see a dermatologist and my skin is fairly sensitive and it's been simply amazing. For 34 dollars it will last you FOREVER. Totally worth the money. Simply amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. It is expensive but a little really does go A LONG way. Seriously, just a little bit. I find using a lot of this makeup is what makes it cakey or layer strange on your face.

This product is a great all day wear. Myself, I have oily skin and my skin stays almost matte after a 9 hour work day with this product. It is also great for a night out with photos.

The only downfall rating is for the packaging. I find the bottle gets messy with the pump, it is also very large for any transportation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by kaylaroska

I can't say I absolutely love this foundation but I do like it. the color matches perfectly, it covers everything and looks nice and airbrushed when I apply with the beauty blender. the things I don't like about this foundation is I don't find it matte, at all and it never seems to really set on my face and has a sticky texture. also when I put powder on my face after with a brush the foundation separates, but when I apply powder with the beauty blender. I probably won't buy it again since I've tried much cheaper foundations that are just as good

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only purchased this foundation because I had a gift card to Sephora and my usual foundation is MAC's pro long wear, which obviously is not available at Sephora. If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, Lock-It is for you, however for me, it was way too heavy for everyday use. The colour matched flawlessly to my skin, but if I applied even a little too much it was very cakey and unnatural looking.

The packaging the pretty but hard to control how much product you pump out. This usually resulted in pumping out too much and using more product than I needed.

It's not a horrible foundation, it fulfills all its claims for coverage, it is just not a ideal foundation for daily use or those who do not need such a heavy foundation. I am glad to be back using my MAC prolong wear! :)