November 22, 2014 | 1741 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this on a recent trip to LA. Since we don't have Sephora in Australia (just yet, come on December 2014!!) and this is a Sephora exclusive brand, I had never been able to try this out. I got matched to light 54, since I was a bit tanned at the time (having been on holiday and spending more time in the sun than usual) and it was a great match. I need to re-tan since I'm back to my pale NW15 self (need Light 44) so I haven't been able to use it lately, but when I could I really enjoyed it. It gives really amazing coverage, you don't need concealer (unless you've got something that's crazy dark under the foundation, ie a tattoo or a dark blemish) and you only need 1 pump. I used a damp beauty blender, which is what I usually use for foundation anyway, but also to dilute it mildly since it's such a full coverage foundation. The lady at Sephora used a brush when she applied it to me in store and it was too thick for my liking. I set this with my usual Urban Decay All Nighter Spray and set with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish. It stayed put all day, and didn't oxidize either.
The packaging is fine, the pump is nice, but the little piece of plastic to keep the pump 'locked' and covered comes off easily and isn't ideal. Would prefer a cap, but it's not that important.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Lou1391

I've had this foundation for around 3 month now and I absolutely love it! If you have skin that is very dry I wouldn't recommend it as I've had 1 or 2 dry patches over the 3 month and it looked really cakey...

The coverage is amazing and looks reasonably natural when used with a Beauty blender.

When I go out I find it lasts really well if you use a translucent powder over the top but the winner for me was how it photographs amazing due to no SPF... Would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by RachelVed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros -thick texture -nice color range / match -covers well -little product needed to cover entire face Cons -dries way too fast / hard to spread -sometimes pump doesn't even pump out product -does nothing for oil control -separates at the end of the day (about 10-12 hours) -broke me out !! So because of the last point.... Not worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beware this foundation does not live up to its claims. It breaks up with your natural oils and i have dry skin.If you want a foundation that stays put and gives a flawless look i suggest la prairie powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by tatumophelia

holy grail product!!! I've tried absolutely every full coverage foundation and this is the one I always end up going back too, super thick texture but flawless on skin. gives your skin a complete smooth texture. smells a little like paint but the product itself makes up for that. I'll never stray from this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by zaprina

I'm giving it a four because I still need to wear it outside to really review it properly BUT so far... I love it. I think I'm a medium 54. I have to double check on that. At first it looked like it wasn't going to match me but it blends so perfectly. It's very thick, a little goes a long way. Coverage is awesome! It is not for normal skin, more suitable for oily!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by cjmathis0821

I have had this for about 2 months and have only used it twice. It was a waste of money and if I hadn't lost the receipt I would have returned it. I loved the shade match and the coverage at first but, it made me so oily that after an hour of wearing it I had to break out the blotting sheets. It also settled into my pores and made my skin look terrible, that was even with my pore filling primer. If you ask me I would say don't purchase it is not worth the money

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by smchabcheb

Oh em gee. This product is TERRIBLE. seriously, if you have normal skin DO NOT BUY. In addition, this is extremely full coverage and does break you out! Atleast for me it did. I was super bummed out after the first try considering the color shade options there isn't a variety of them, so I decided to give it another try and man oh man did I break out. Just sucks overall! Xoxo don't buy :*

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ashaleemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Early in August my boyfriend and I broke up and I had that moment of it's time to "Treat Yo Self" (thanks Parks & Rec). As this moment smacked me in the face, I realized that I absolutely hated my makeup and it was time to get something new. You see, I had been using Pur minerals powder foundation and it just was not the product for me. I have an oily T-Zone, acne prone skin, and acne scars. So not only was coverage just not enough, but it was also not even close to my skin tone (I tried a few different shades and it was never right and putting a liquid foundation underneath resulted in cake face).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made in Italy. Great FULL coverage it doesn't really make my skin look dry like so many others. I will also often times cut it with moisturizer for less full effect. Love it. I think Sephora may own this line.