December 22, 2014 | 1073 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by cheska07

I loved how the packaging looks like, but its just to heavy. Also after some time of use the silver top goes off. The foundation itself is amazing. It stays long, goes well on my skin, doesn't oxidize and doesn't and Make my face look oily , coverage is good. Its doesn't feel heavy on the face, all you need is a very small amount for the face. The tube can last for a long time. The liquid is way way much better than the compact powder for which was a waste of money. Would definitely repurchase this item.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by jkim526

I love this foundation. I never re-buy foundations because I'm never content with any. Trust me I've tried many..tarte, lancome, MUFE, laura mercier, benefit, UD, nars, estee lauder you name it. This is my 3rd bottle. I use shade 48L and it's perfect match! I have been struggling with acne since I was 16 and I've gotten it under control over the years (I'm in my early 20's but I still break out here and there and have hyperpigmentation.) This foundation covers everything! My only concern is redness, blemishes and occasional breakouts, I only need one pump and on my good days half a pump. This makes me so happy because before with other foundations I would have to use lots of pumps just to cover my ugly blemishes! (Then again those were my glorious acne filled days!) I love that this is full coverage so I can adjust the amount to either give that sheer glow or full matt finish. Some people might complain because it's thick and doesn't spread so easily but that's because it's full coverage. I highly suggest applying it initially with lighter hand and you can build from there.
Also I find this very affordable for the job it does 34$USD. (Like
I said you only need a pump so it lasts awhile.) Beats all the other more expensive foundation that never pleased me.

P.S. This is better suitable for oilier skin. I guess if you're dry moisturize well before using it. Hope it works well for you ladies :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Allybeee

Love the container. But the colors are all so orange and it is sooooooo thick

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by alondris1

Love this foundation so much!!! i use it as a foundation or to conceal my eyebrows. Very full coverage. Happy with her products!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this foundation to work for me. It has great coverage but clung to my dry patches and broke me out. I also couldn't find a good shade match for my nc 42 skin tone. My cousin uses it (she has oilier skin) and it looks great on her. It makes her skin look absolutely flawless. I think for the coverage it delivers the price isn't bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by AlissaLynn13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is incredible. HG status! Probably the only high coverage foundation that does not break me out. I've struggled with acne for years, and this covers it completely and lasts ALL DAY. You only need a tiny pump to cover your entire face which means that the product lasts forever. I don't think I will ever stop buying this foundation. Its absolutely incredible. If you are questioning getting it, just do it. You absolutely will not regret it. It is absolutely worth the price because a half a pump of this stuff gives you full coverage on your entitre face.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This foundation has the most full maximum coverage, I have ever experienced with any foundation. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I have dry acne-prone combination skin, and it really depicted my dryness. People with really oily skin tend to love this foundation over others. However, I have heard from my previous clients, they do not use this foundation regularly because it is very heavy. If you are unsure if this foundation is the best for you, sample it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel like people are expecting this foundation to look like skin/cover up any imperfections/stay all day, we need to get out of that fantasy world because THAT foundation does not exist yet! On another note, if you're looking for a nice matte/glowy foundation that will stay in place when your oils start to seep through then I suggest heading to your local Sephora and picking up one of these bad boys right here. The colour selection (in my opinion) is amazing, Kat Von D breaks it up into three catagories (LIGHT/MEDIUM/DARK) and once you determine your skin colour you can pick a perfect match with the proper undertone. I'm in the colour Medium 53 which is a perfect match for my tan/yellow undertone skin. The coverage is amazing, its full but can come off as "cakey" if you use to much, a pump and a half is all it takes to cover up all my acne scars and imperfections! That also means this foundation is going to last you FOREVER! When my skin starts to get oily I do start to look shiny wearing this but I don't look oily at all, I look more on the healthy dewy side, which I think looks gorgeous. You might get shiny but this product will NOT move, it wont start to slide it wont separate, it will stay in tack until the day/night is done. I highly recommend this for all the oily girls out there and if you're on the dryer side I would just use a heavy duty mosturizer and you should be good to go!

Price- 42.00$ CAD
Smell- typical yet not over powering like some
Texture- almost like a gel, easy to blend/work with
Coverage- medium to full (depends how you apply and how much you apply)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an oily gal, I have a hard time finding the right foundation that stays on. This was a product recommended to me by a couple of makeup artists. Of course, I was warned that it should not be worn everyday and I need to use moisturizer underneath. First and foremost, this is indeed bad quality makeup that is extremely overpriced. The color selection runs either too yellow, too pink or too ashy. Overall, it is one of the worst foundations that I have used. It is like walking around with wet mud on your face. For the lack of word, this crap, should not even be sold in the market as it is also pore clogging. In comparison with worst drugstore products, this fails again. I am sorry but do not use this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by allyssya28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely loooove the bottle!! And i wanted to love what' s inside too..but unfortunately i dont..i hate it! I've waited for ages to get my hands on this foundation and when i finally did it was so dissapointing. Why? Well...i am used to full coverage foundations that can feel a bit heavy and un natural in day light..but this one is a bad joke!! It blends really hard ( or better said it feels like it doesnt blend at all) feels way to heavy and looks like a mask. I do not have visible pores but somehow this foundation makes them veeeryy visible, accentuates every single fine line making it look like really deep wrinkles...long story short it makes me look like a grandma...my skin looks terrible when i'm wearing this foundation! I have tried different ways of applying it...preping my skin ... etc ..even tho' it looks nice immediately after application ..within an hour or so the colour turn orangey on me (??) After 2-3 hours my skin shines like a disco ball( and i dont even have oily skin) ..it also accentuates every dry patch ..i think it can only be worn at night not in natural day light! The only plus this foundation has is the great coverage ( hides everything) and also the bottle..but that's pretty much it!!