November 26, 2014 | 1744 users online

Blush - LORAC - PRO Powder Cheek Stain - Petal Pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: I have had some time to compare this blush and work with a make up artist in these comparisons. This is a lovely shade, however, everything turns ruddy or orange on me and this did the same thing. So if you have troubles with pink blushes skewing peach or orange on you...this one will too. I have to return. FYI - the make up artist I worked with said that even though her and I were the same skin tone, I have gold undertones with my pink skin. So I pull everything orange. She said white based blushes are best for me, followed by blue based (but even those pull a bit orange/ruddy after a while). I have had the best luck with MAC Well Dressed staying true to color and giving me that healthy soft pink glow I have been craving. I am still giving this 4 lippies because the quality of the blush is very, very nice & pigmented.

ORIGINAL POST: As I write this review, I am not sure if I like this blush or just intrigued by its trans formative powers. This blush is a "petal pink" according to Lorac. In my opinion a medium toned pink - that does start to turn orange/peach on my pink skin with some golden undertones. I would call it a satin finish. I don't see any shimmer, glitter or frost, but it is not flat. It is a bright pop of pink. Here is the intriguing part, this blush draws the pink out in my lipsticks like crazy. Creme Cup went from a muted pale pink with my usual blushes to a bright pink with this blush. This blush made Modesty look soooo much less brown on me. It brought out all the red tones in Revlon's Black Cherry. The staying power is very nice and it is very pigmented too. You might want to consider a fan brush to apply at first. FYI - I am MAC NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is marketed as a 12 hour blush and ---- it lasts! With primer, fdtn and this pretty light to mid tone pink with a very subtle sheen you will get some fading from hours five through twelve but there will be enough for you to not need to touch up. Highly pigmented, but unlike Nars you don't have to start out looking clownish to get it to stay. It is probably a take off on the Tarte AC 12 hour blushes, but this one is so much better. Unlike Tarte, it is not chalky and you don't have to initially pack on or overcorrect to get it to stay. That said, the colors are classic, not trendy. Tarte has a larger selection, some with shine, and more complex colors, i.,e. "exposed". I find the Lorac version to be as silky as my Dior blush, and that is just not true with Tarte. Highly recommend.