September 17, 2014 | 1980 users online

BB Cream - MAC - Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

I always want to love MAC products I reallllly do. However, I just can't seem to love this. I've tried it with different moisturisers underneath and it always looks the same : amazing at first, grey coverage with a dewy glow. After a while, and by that I mean 2 hours, the whole thing has slid off of my face. It was my first BB cream and will probably be my last, not impressed. The coverage wasn't great, and there is no way I would put it under foundation as the sales assistant suggested. When I tried doing that it just made the foundation difficult to spread. It's fine if you want something with little to no coverage that you only need to wear for a few hours of the day, but as a staying power product forget about it, it just doesn't work. Flawless skin is what's needed to wear this cream comfortably. I used the entire tube because I didn't want to waste the money, but I would never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:18:00 AM More reviews by jenniferchung14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually don't use this as a BB cream but rather an eyeshadow primer! I probably wouldn't use this as a BB cream as I got it from my sister who is at least 4 shades lighter than me. I couldn't live without this stuff as an eyeshadow primer. I've tried UD primer potion, collection 1000, and nothing has been able to keep my makeup on my (extremely) oily lids like this baby has. A little goes a long way with this too! I've had this for at least two years and I'm only now running out. One lippie off because as a BB cream it sucks, but as an eyeshadow primer it's fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by redbeemerbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

No, no, and no. I so wanted to love this but it just didn't happen. The MAC SA suggested this when we couldn't find a suitable replacement for the DC'd Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation. I tried it with and without moisturizer, and it didn't work for me, either way. It's the thickest BB cream I've bought, and no matter how hard I tried, I could never get it to blend perfectly. I also gave it a 2 for packaging because the top has rounded edges, so you can't stand it up like most BB creams.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So from one oily gal to others, this is a no no product for us. It evaporates within an hour and it removes powder, bronzer, blush, or whatever on top. What you are left with is a grease pan. So disgusting! Having said that, I was really disappointed and do not recommend this. MAC, what just happened here?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by DiaInez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this product!! Perfect for someone who doesn't like to wear foundation but needs a little "ummf". I have very dry/sensitive skin and this sits nicely on top of my moisturizer. Added bronzer and mascara....good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by xjiyoungg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If Mac ever discontinues this product, I don't know what I would do with myself. This is the only thing I could use on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by gossipgal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

overall:
nice bb cream, it has a nice coverage for a bb cream and it applies very smooth and easily. If you have dry patches it doesn't cling to them much but you can see them. If you have oily skin it won't keep you matt firstly because it has a dewy finish (wich isn't bad if it doesn't get shiny) and after a while you can get a little bit shiny but not much, i just blotted and everything was ok. It lasts quite long.

skin type:
If you have normal skin (not dry and not oily) this bb cream is perfect for you! i've got combination to oily skin and it works well for me as well. i wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. before the application you have to exfoliate well (only if your skin needs it) if you don't it doesn't apply nicely and it slightly emphasizes dead skin cells.

ingredients:
It has really great ingredients! 28 recommendable ingredients and only 1 not recommended ingredient (silica, but its only bad if you breath this in).

on the market:
it is pricey but i think its worth it if you're searching for a good bb cream with nice coverage. its available in a lot of shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by christenzimm

This was the first BB cream and MAC product I ever used, and I was thoroughly disappointed. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and wanted to try a lightweight/non pore clogging/ light coverage product that I can wear on a daily basis without having to take too much time to apply (at work all day) and without a full on foundation look.

Dispite my acne-prone skin I have NEVER had an issue with makeup settling in my pores- in fact I didn't even really know what that issue was until this product. Whether applied with a sponge, brush or my fingers, product applied so patchy, did not blend, and built up in pores. I used primer before, primer+moisturizer, and nothing really helped, and added to my overall routine which I was looking to simplify with a BB cream. So much- that I ended up just washing it off and using my normal products. The best way I found was with my fingers.

After using a few times, where I was usually disappointed with how it looked on my face, I would cover with some sort of powder to look normal, I broke out. Now I have extremely sensitive skin, so not saying this will happen to everyone - but to people with acne-prone skin- just try another product.

Did nothing to perfect skin, did not help with oil control.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Fail.
It doesn't control oil well (starts off "dewy" on my face and gets worse from there), and it doesn't last. In addition, it causes my rosacea to erupt into stinging irriation. I just want something light to even out my skintone (redness from rosacea) with a little spf protection. I'm a little bit of a makeup minimalist, so a product that does both these things wonderfully, is a dream. I can't comment on the "bb" side since I don't know much about it. I'm purely looking for light coverage, spf, staying power and oil control…the other "beneficial" aspects don't mean much to me.

Application is nice, a little goes a long way, the finished product looks "done" and evens out my rosacea without looking too heavy. (I always apply with my fingers.) So I look pretty for about an hour before the oil gets out of hand it looks like I smeared straight grease on my face. The product begins to slide around, especially where my glasses rest on my nose. It also tends to oxidize into a darker, slightly more orange color, but that sorta just blends in better with my faux tan (sounds terrible doesn't it?-haha). Anyway, give it a good hour or so to oxidize before you make a decision about color choice. I had no problems with it settling into pores etc.

Packaging is nice: love the subtle glittery black tube, although I find the rubberized cap attracts residue.

Price is reasonable for the midrange makeup brands, at $30 for 40mL/1.3 fl. oz.

I went with Light Plus on my natural nw20-ish skin that's sporting a little summer tan, both faux and real sun. I probably could have handled a darker shade, but nevertheless. I stick to Estee Lauder Double Wear light as my go-to…but next up will be their BB formulation *fingers crossed*...I'm determined to find a product of this nature that works for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by monsterteaparty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not bad! I use this product in extra light and it is nearly perfect for my skin. Blends well with a light amount of moisture. I do layer a moisturizer underneath this product for my normal to dry skin type. If this product was slightly more liquidy and had less yellow tones and more pink tones to it I would be hopelessly in love with it. Would I buy it again? Likely, its the nicest I've found for my skin so far, although I've found something else I plan to try once this bottle is empty. My twin sister uses a product made by Tarte called Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer with a 20 SPF in Fair Agent 00 for porcelain/fair skin with pink undertones. I used some when I stayed at her house and I was impressed by its tone, moisture deposit and liquidness!!