November 29, 2014 | 961 users online

BB Cream - MAC - Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first experience with a "foundation" from MAC. I wanted to be colored matched and the gal at MAC was like: BB cream is for you. I matched as Light Plus (that's me with a tan...so I'm fair)

I love this BB cream. I would say it's medium coverage, but buildable. Seldom do I need to add concealer...except when I have a zit that needs a little more coverage. I apply with either my fingers, beauty blender or even with my foundation brush. I love how it looks regards of which technique I used to apply.

I use this with primer, either Hourglass, Smashbox or It Cosmetics. Wear all day at work. I use Tarte's setting powder over this BB cream.

Applies smoothly without tugging at that skin. Sets/dries quickly and doesn't break me out. I do find I like this when my skin isn't behaving due to coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by katiemarie890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this product over the weekend. Over the past year or two I've seen a change in my skin and its gone from normal and occasionally dry or oily to excessively oily. This I believe had a lot to do with my birth control. So I've been experimenting with many different types of makeup. Before trying this product I used the matchmaster by mac and I loved it. But ultimately it was terrible for my skin. I could not keep my face clear for longer than a few days while using that. So I switched to this BB cream. And let me tell you it is amazing!!

I went to the MAC counter expecting to buy the compact but the woman that was helping me recommend the cream in the tube because she said it is formulated to try and help with oily skin but doesn't over dry. I love this product so far. Its buildable and gives a great coverage. If you apply too much however it will come off on your fingers when you touch your face at all which i really didn't like but it kept me from applying too much product. It's light and breathable and after hours of wearing it sometimes depending on many different things I can tell that it has started to come off a bit. But I can either apply a bit more powder to my face or even a bit more foundation depending on what I am doing. My face has already begun to clear and I have yet to have a bad reaction to this makeup. My face is also very sensitive and tends to break out when I try any type of new product.

I will add that I do use a primer under this to help to counter the oil. I use PORfessionals by benefit on my cheeks and often will use Rimmel Stay Matte Primer on my T zone as I have found that type of primer works best for keeping the oil away.
I hope this helps!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

I always want to love MAC products I reallllly do. However, I just can't seem to love this. I've tried it with different moisturisers underneath and it always looks the same : amazing at first, grey coverage with a dewy glow. After a while, and by that I mean 2 hours, the whole thing has slid off of my face. It was my first BB cream and will probably be my last, not impressed. The coverage wasn't great, and there is no way I would put it under foundation as the sales assistant suggested. When I tried doing that it just made the foundation difficult to spread. It's fine if you want something with little to no coverage that you only need to wear for a few hours of the day, but as a staying power product forget about it, it just doesn't work. Flawless skin is what's needed to wear this cream comfortably. I used the entire tube because I didn't want to waste the money, but I would never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:18:00 AM More reviews by jenniferchung14

I actually don't use this as a BB cream but rather an eyeshadow primer! I probably wouldn't use this as a BB cream as I got it from my sister who is at least 4 shades lighter than me. I couldn't live without this stuff as an eyeshadow primer. I've tried UD primer potion, collection 1000, and nothing has been able to keep my makeup on my (extremely) oily lids like this baby has. A little goes a long way with this too! I've had this for at least two years and I'm only now running out. One lippie off because as a BB cream it sucks, but as an eyeshadow primer it's fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by redbeemerbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

No, no, and no. I so wanted to love this but it just didn't happen. The MAC SA suggested this when we couldn't find a suitable replacement for the DC'd Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation. I tried it with and without moisturizer, and it didn't work for me, either way. It's the thickest BB cream I've bought, and no matter how hard I tried, I could never get it to blend perfectly. I also gave it a 2 for packaging because the top has rounded edges, so you can't stand it up like most BB creams.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So from one oily gal to others, this is a no no product for us. It evaporates within an hour and it removes powder, bronzer, blush, or whatever on top. What you are left with is a grease pan. So disgusting! Having said that, I was really disappointed and do not recommend this. MAC, what just happened here?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by DiaInez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this product!! Perfect for someone who doesn't like to wear foundation but needs a little "ummf". I have very dry/sensitive skin and this sits nicely on top of my moisturizer. Added bronzer and mascara....good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by xjiyoungg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If Mac ever discontinues this product, I don't know what I would do with myself. This is the only thing I could use on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by gossipgal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

overall:
nice bb cream, it has a nice coverage for a bb cream and it applies very smooth and easily. If you have dry patches it doesn't cling to them much but you can see them. If you have oily skin it won't keep you matt firstly because it has a dewy finish (wich isn't bad if it doesn't get shiny) and after a while you can get a little bit shiny but not much, i just blotted and everything was ok. It lasts quite long.

skin type:
If you have normal skin (not dry and not oily) this bb cream is perfect for you! i've got combination to oily skin and it works well for me as well. i wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. before the application you have to exfoliate well (only if your skin needs it) if you don't it doesn't apply nicely and it slightly emphasizes dead skin cells.

ingredients:
It has really great ingredients! 28 recommendable ingredients and only 1 not recommended ingredient (silica, but its only bad if you breath this in).

on the market:
it is pricey but i think its worth it if you're searching for a good bb cream with nice coverage. its available in a lot of shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by christenzimm

This was the first BB cream and MAC product I ever used, and I was thoroughly disappointed. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and wanted to try a lightweight/non pore clogging/ light coverage product that I can wear on a daily basis without having to take too much time to apply (at work all day) and without a full on foundation look.

Dispite my acne-prone skin I have NEVER had an issue with makeup settling in my pores- in fact I didn't even really know what that issue was until this product. Whether applied with a sponge, brush or my fingers, product applied so patchy, did not blend, and built up in pores. I used primer before, primer+moisturizer, and nothing really helped, and added to my overall routine which I was looking to simplify with a BB cream. So much- that I ended up just washing it off and using my normal products. The best way I found was with my fingers.

After using a few times, where I was usually disappointed with how it looked on my face, I would cover with some sort of powder to look normal, I broke out. Now I have extremely sensitive skin, so not saying this will happen to everyone - but to people with acne-prone skin- just try another product.

Did nothing to perfect skin, did not help with oil control.