Cover Girl CoverGirl Queen Collection Lasting Matte Pressed Powder

3.6

on 7/14/2015 4:26:00 AM

forgot to add- the smell! you wouldn't think a powder would have much of a smell but this one does. it's got salicylic acid in it which must explain the strange medicinal smell it has. I was very surprised when I first put it on. I got over it but it definitely might turn some people off.

on 3/10/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Just not love. There are other products out there that work better. I tried Golden and Golden Medium. I liked the hint of color, but this product did not deliver on its promise of lasting matte anything. Oil breakthrough within an hour, whether applied with brush or the enclosed puff or with any other puff. Not finely enough milled, very visible on face until oil soaks through. Looks cakey if used too much / multiple times, which you must since it does not soak up oil as promised. Disappointing, because I was happy to see a pressed powder for WOC which was not too red or powdery or ashy.

on 2/8/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this powder!!!!!!!!!!!! I purchased this in medium deep. I have used MAC, Bobbi Brown, even Estee Lauder Matte powders and this has by far given me the best bang for my buck. I don't wear foundation everyday, but I do use this powder everyday. Whether it is to set my foundation or to just set my concealer on days when I don't, this powder has not failed me. I keep one at home, one in my desk at work and one in my purse. I also have my MAC Blot Powder in my bag but I never use it,

on 11/19/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Okay, I have been using this powder for the last couple of weeks and I am very happy with it. I have wasted a lot of money on high end powders that always seem to break my skin out. I got tired of throwing away my cash and decided to give this brand a chance and I figured that six bucks wouldn't set me back if it didn't yield positive results. The color match is excellent and I don't have to wear anything else with this product. It doesn't look cakey and is pretty finely milled for this price point. The packaging is pretty good in that it is not messy and the compact travels well. I apply it using the Real Techniques powder brush by giving it one good swirl in the pan and a few swipes across my face and I am good to go. I have combination skin and this does not accentuate my drier areas and it keeps my oily areas matte all day. I may have a small amount of shine peaking through after a 10 to 12 hour day. Anyway, I will likely purchase this product again, if things continue to go well.

on 8/14/2014 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

So okay, the price and the packaging are great, built in mirror where you can actually see your face and not have to swinch up your eyes. As far as the colors... I would have to say not good. I recently brought the medium lasting matte pressed powder and it made me look ashy, ghostly... not cool... I choose that color because I thought that maybe after some time it would oxide to make it darkening. I was sadly mistaken.... a while back I brought the golden and it oxide, but it wasn't dark enough (but I kept that and still use that in center of my face for a brighter look). So as for as me replacing this , I would say naw not for me. For reference I am nw45 and nc50 I have golden and red undertones. The one plus I found was it was a matte that was not too matte it looked like skin but just not the right tone to match me. I would love for them to make some colors.

on 7/28/2014 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Check out my YouTube channel for full details here:

on 7/6/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

For the most part my skin is dry but during the summer months my nose and chin get a bit oily. This powder does the trick. Its also useful for toning down my liquid/cream blush. A bàsic pressed powder that matches my skin tone. The only con is the compact is pretty flimsy. it always seems to break on me before I finish the product. Not bad for 6 bucks.

on 4/6/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this stuff. I have combination skin, but my skin is pretty clear, so I don't need foundation to cover anything, I just needed something light to even everything out and look more polished. I can use the medium golden in winter, or medium deep when i get a bit of sun. Word of caution, though: the medium deep does have a more reddish undertone to it, which is good for me, but may not be for others. The coverage is really light if you use a brush, but you can get more coverage if you use the sponge. It didn't break me out at all (that's my main thing with powders) and the price is fantastic.

on 3/15/2014 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this powder. it mattifys my face, and if I use my powder brush and tap of the extra it doesn't give me the cake face. but when I used the sponge I noticed that it gave me a cake face so use a brush with this. and make sure to TAP off the extra Do NOT blow on the brush bcuz it just adds bacteria to it

on 8/26/2013 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Not my favorite. It nice and finely milled which is great for the price, but thos in no way can compare to Mac Blot. It just made my face oilier. In two hours my face was so greasy, it was so gross.

Video Reviews & Tutorials