October 25, 2014 | 1628 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CoverGirl Queen Collection Lasting Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by bambibrneyes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So okay, the price and the packaging are great, built in mirror where you can actually see your face and not have to swinch up your eyes. As far as the colors... I would have to say not good. I recently brought the medium lasting matte pressed powder and it made me look ashy, ghostly... not cool... I choose that color because I thought that maybe after some time it would oxide to make it darkening. I was sadly mistaken.... a while back I brought the golden and it oxide, but it wasn't dark enough (but I kept that and still use that in center of my face for a brighter look). So as for as me replacing this , I would say naw not for me. For reference I am nw45 and nc50 I have golden and red undertones. The one plus I found was it was a matte that was not too matte it looked like skin but just not the right tone to match me. I would love for them to make some colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by mlgalvin92

Check out my YouTube channel for full details here:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the most part my skin is dry but during the summer months my nose and chin get a bit oily. This powder does the trick. Its also useful for toning down my liquid/cream blush. A bàsic pressed powder that matches my skin tone. The only con is the compact is pretty flimsy. it always seems to break on me before I finish the product. Not bad for 6 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Ashes83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I have combination skin, but my skin is pretty clear, so I don't need foundation to cover anything, I just needed something light to even everything out and look more polished. I can use the medium golden in winter, or medium deep when i get a bit of sun. Word of caution, though: the medium deep does have a more reddish undertone to it, which is good for me, but may not be for others. The coverage is really light if you use a brush, but you can get more coverage if you use the sponge. It didn't break me out at all (that's my main thing with powders) and the price is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by gjohal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder. it mattifys my face, and if I use my powder brush and tap of the extra it doesn't give me the cake face. but when I used the sponge I noticed that it gave me a cake face so use a brush with this. and make sure to TAP off the extra Do NOT blow on the brush bcuz it just adds bacteria to it

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Eboneeezer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite. It nice and finely milled which is great for the price, but thos in no way can compare to Mac Blot. It just made my face oilier. In two hours my face was so greasy, it was so gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by haikusamurai

Cover Girl Queen Collection Lasting Matte Pressed Powder in the gorgeous, golden brown or tan color : "405: Light Golden" as a bronzer or blush for my NC25 light olive skin. Very happy with it! Praise God.

If you are in the Kim Kardashian skincolor family, this will work for you! It's that whole, "wow, that is a beautiful cheek color, is is apricot? peach? i can't tell!" -- It's this lovely color that makes you look soooooo healthy and beautiful.

One star subtracted because I want to be SURE this doesn't break out my sensitive skin. But I see NO WAX, NO CORNSTARCH, so that is why this is a GOOD choice for me.

I have been looking all over for something like this....and thank you and congratulations to my African American sisters for getting Cover Girl to make something in the proper shades for non-Caucasian Americans....WOO! Been here long enough in this country, damn.

Anyhow, if you are looking for a Cargo dupe for a tan, I bet this is it! :) I actually have not swatched next to Cargo, but if I find myself in Sephora, I will definitely do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by LadyDDM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad that I chose this powder! I've tried so many powders, such as MUFE Duo Mat (didn't work) and Loreal True Match (too cakey). But, this powder right here is soooo good! It really controls the oil and the color is just right for me. It keeps you matte, not cakey and blends well with my foundation. It goes on great alone or with concealer too. I truly love this powder. I'm in medium deep. Love this powder! Affordable, flawless finish, matte...awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by LTETobago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Covergirl Queen Collection Ebony Bronzer in the darkest shade, Q120 I believe.
Ok so I watch so many reviews from woman my shade that absolutely love this bronzer. They put it on as a contour and it looks great. So of course I had to try it. I tried it and I loved it. So I thought. Throughtout the day it begins to look red on my face which I hate!! Either I'm doing something wrong or there is something wrong with this bronzer. The funny thing is I still try and I use it everyday. I now use it as a bronzer but in the hollows of my cheeks and a little on my cheeks as sort of a base for a blush if that makes sense. I have a love hate relationship with this product. Will I buy it again? Yes. Why? I'm not too sure. Its like I need it but I don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally found a yellow undertoned powder at the drugstore ^.^ I prefer powder for foundation b/c it's WAY faster for me, and controls my oily skin. I wore this for an entire day and didn't get greasy! This powder is very blendable and has a natural look :) I also have not broke out from this. The shade options are pretty dark though, which is good...finding foundation for darker skin can be a challenge! I'm not all that dark, like a light caramel color. I got this in the Golden Light, just a little too dark for me. So I'm going for the Light instead. The packaging's also good, and has an ok mirror inside. Bigger than I'm used to seeing. This can get messy! It's probably obvious (lol) but my powder fell in water and got a bit damp in some places...so now my powder cracked/separated and is messier than before :I but still works great! The price isn't bad imo, a little bit of powder goes a long way.

There were a few things I didn't like. The sponge thing isn't very useful to me, I use a brush instead. A better puff works well too :) This powder is a bit sparkly :P Which I don't get if it's supposed to be matte. The sparkle mostly shows in really, bright lighting. Not super terrible though. It has alright coverage, not perfect but decent.

I also plan to buy this again!