August 23, 2014 | 1726 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Scents Of The World ~ Madagascan Vanilla Flowerr

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by lavirac

i once had the body mist of this. i really liked how it smelled but i sprayed 20 times on my body and in a heart beat, POOF, it's gone and no one not even me noticed it. i now have the body lotion which smells exactly the same but the difference is people notice it all the time. not only it smells absolutely divine, it stays for hours and it's also moisturizing for a whole day long. loooove madagascan vanilla

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by feemia99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite Body Shop fragrance. It's a fresh vanilla, not the usual heavy bakery scent. The floral notes on top of the vanilla are very light, almost an aquatic scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by GorramShinyTequila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love, love vanilla, but I have an issue with them turning so plastic on me. I don't have that issue with this scent (though the lotion did this to me, made me a sad sad panda) because of the depth of the floral here. I'm not usually big on florals, but that deep vanilla bean scent is so complex that the clean, fragrant floral component really balances it out without killing that foodiness of it. I am in love with it. I can wrap myself up in the scent and feel like I'm in a greenhouse on a bed of vanilla flowers. I love it!

One lippie off for lasting power, but that tends to be a thing with The Body Shop, methinks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh Fragonard Vanille, how I've missed thee! Uh, I mean, The Body Shop Madagascan Vanilla Flower?! This reminds me so much of Fragonard's version, which is an unusual take on vanilla - spicy, sexy, with a hint of vanilla but with a twist. It's sophisticated and slightly mysterious. Unlike most vanilla scents, this is not simply sweet or in your face. As the French say, there's a certain je ne sais quoi about it. I always think of a scent like this for a night out on the town in a ball gown or for a day trip to art museums. I've been so bummed since Fragonard's Vanille was discontinued, and its replacement, Fleur de Vanille, is just not the same. So glad I've found Madagascan Vanilla Flower!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my all time favorite fragrance mist. It has vanilla scent with a twist of freshness and floral scents. The scent is really longlasting, i sprayed it at 6 pm and i still can smell it 12 hours after! Besides, it is my fave mood booster!! All of my friends say that this smells really heavenly (beyond the best), even my male friends said so! The biggest turn off is the bottle is made of glass.... Will i repurchase it? Sure, after i finish all my body mists :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

I have the lotion in this scent.. and I'm not sure whether this should be called "lotion" because its just like the body purees that TBS has to offer. The same thin watery consistency and minimal moisture. So people who have dry skin, this might not be the product for you. Anyways on to the scent, its a very sweet and floral vanilla which might feel too heady at first but it gets mellow with time and the result is quite delicious. I have a lot of vanilla scents and I've learnt that this goes well if layered with them. Nothing unique about it, I'm sure there would be plenty of similar scents around, one being from the body shop itself and that is Love etc.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Being a vannila fan thought this be worth adding to my collection it was to floral for my taste I sadly didint like this one very much also the staying power is pethatic and wears off within 20 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Feliciatj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought the madagascan vanilla body mist and the scent is soooo sweet. It reminds me of vanilla cupcakes, and a bit musky scent. The packaging js beautiful but it is made of glass which i dont really like :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by stls

First of all I didn't like the previous vanilla of The Body Shop, too plastic to my nose. I finally got the Madagascan vanilla flower in oil version and it does remind me of 5:40 pm in Madagascar by Kenzo.
It's not the gourmand kind of vanilla but almost airy with the exotic freshness of frangipani and a hint of amber. Less cloying than Love etc
Still fairly linear, it was to be expected looking at the notes but I prefer my vanillas a bit more complex. I prefer to use it as a cocooning/before bed scent/layered to sweeten other perfumes or used to scent homemade scrub with brown sugar and baby oil!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by ohbijou

I love vanilla & was so excited to a new vanilla scent. I kept smelling it to figure out whether I could even smell vanilla or not. It was like the other scents interfered too much in this mix to even have the vanilla scent come out at all. I didn't like the overall scent as it lingered & was overall disappointed! I did try the lotion, spray & also the oil, they unfortunately all had the same un-vanilla effect on me.