August 22, 2014 | 1124 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Madina Milano - Revolution Madina - Crystal Care Purity

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What the website says :: "The world’s 1st clear powder to purify and mattify the skin. Blends on for a transparent finish and gives skin a silky feel and incredibly smooth appearance. This powder is infused with rice extract to effectively eliminate shine. Add a couple drops of the Purity Serum and this product becomes your secret to restoring skin’s natural beauty. One color works on all skin tones."

Sounds perfect, doesn't it? Well, reality does not match the lovely marketing language and I am POed with myself for buying this given that it was pretty costly. (Just to be clear, this is not a powder, but solid silicone)

I went to the store on a hot day in Milan and literally the SA came running up to me to "powder" some of this on my face using a large fluffy brush. Hmmm,.. nice effect I thought. In the air conditioned store, for the next 20 minutes, it did indeed look lovely. So I brought it thinking it would help cut shine from euro SS... Boy was I wrong. I have tried using this in every way I can think of - under foundation (powder & liquid) - yuck. OVER foundation (powder & liquid) - double yuck. It lasts for a small while, but does nothing to help with eliminating shine after 10 minutes on your skin. I dont know if its the pure silicone composition that makes this cake on my face or makes whatever I put on top of it just react like curdled milk. Yes its really gross, I've had to wash my face every time I've tried to use this as the effect is just so so awful.

I am sure that this is the Diorskin Crystal Nude Skin Perfecter (Intercos produces cosmetics for most of the high end luxe houses). Some of the reviews I've read rave about this product - if you love it and are bummed its been discontinued, get thee to madina milano website as they have an e-shop. For me, I'll just continue to be grouchy about the curdled milk effect this gives my skin.