October 25, 2014 | 1537 users online

Powders - Burt's Bees - Wings of Love Powdered Rice Paper [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by gchiu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are terrible.
The purpose of these papers are to blot oil when my skin is oily. Oily = sticky skin.
Well, no matter how delicate my technique is, there's always white opaque powder stuck to my face. What do you expect me to do with this - blot with paper first to remove excess oil? That means I need to buy another product to absorb oil! Should I try to spread out the "translucent" powder with a brush or what? How much work do I need to put in?!
These "convenient" little papers are very inconvenient to use. The powders don't absorb, the papers don't absorb because the powder gets in the way and the papers are too thick. Bad combo!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Left my skin noticably chalky and removed my makeup. Good idea; not well executed. Not recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep these in my purse for when I need to freshen up my makeup without removing color. It takes off the oily shine -- and makes me feel fresh and glowing. I wouldn't be caught without them. Just remember to blot rather than wipe. Amazing for touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Miluiel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are great if you have oily skin. They leave your skin shine-free.

For me, however, they really don't work... my skin's just too dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Beautiful_But_Dorky

I really wanted to like these, and to a certain degree I suppose I did. They do work quite well, but they leave a weird, powdery film behind-- something I found out the hard way when I used one without a mirror and walked out in public. *shudder* Great packaging, though. It' perfect for just tossing in a purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like these papers. They are inexpensive and the packaging is small and easy to carry. The package will fit in a pocket or in the tiniest of clutch handbags, and is easier to carry when you don't have room for a big compact. The papers absorb oil and also deposit some powder. The powder is very white, but if you're pale like me, you'll have no issues. They are great for maintaining a matte finish. I do find that I like to use these in front of a mirror just in case I get too much powder in one spot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an inexpensive product with great packaging (small and protected sheets). However, the side with constarch left my face looking powdered. Other reviewers sstated they use the unpowdered side for best results Will try that out...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Rain7

I guess I am in the minority when it comes to these. I really love them, and I have bought them several times. I actually prefer a lightly powdered tissue, since I have extremely oily skin. These are especially great in the summer. They are very conveniently packaged, and the price is very affordable, too. Overall, this is a great BB product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these Burt's Bees Powdered Rice Papers. They are blotting papers that have oil-absorbing powder on one side of them, so when you blot the oil from your face it also adds some of the powder to your skin for additional shine/oil control. This is great, because I have really oily skin in my T-zone. And these papers never leave my face with white powder residue, in fact, they are better for my oily skin touch-ups than any other blotting paper I have ever used because I don't have to follow them with an additional powder application. Usually, I will blot my shiny face with blotting papers, then touch up with translucent powder. Now, with Burt's Bees Powdered Rice Papers I no longer have that extra step of touching up with translucent powder after I blot away the shine. The Rice Paper blotters do both steps at once. I love that! And the powder has never appeared white on me, just translucent. Maybe it is because my skin is very oily, and the powder absorbs more readily into my skin than others, I don't know .... but these rice papers have been really great for my skin, and I have only good things to say about them! I will absolutely purchase these again and again! I buy these Burt's Bees Powdered Rice Papers in bulk (along with Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers!<--Gotta have my "peppermint" fix! haha!) so that I will always have them on hand! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2005 10:17:00 PM More reviews by zimaleah501