July 23, 2014 | 2173 users online

Eye Primer - Tarte - Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-Hour Smoothing Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this eye primer! It feels very nice, not hard to blend in at all. Keeps my shadows in place all day without creasing. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by cwabby

This primer is pretty darn good and lives up to its "creaseless" claim. It goes on like a cream and quickly dries to a smooth base. Shadow goes on smoothly and at the end of the night, comes off very easily. However I feel like this primer is horrible to use with tarte eyeshadows. All my other eyeshadows look great over this except my tarte shadows. Over this primer they are hard to apply and blend. That seems so ridiculous and is the main reason that I wouldn't repurchase this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by zella_angel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for Eye primer. My experience is I put it on at 4:30 am and my eye makeup still looks great (seriously no creasing) when I get home at 4:pm or later. I usually only do a light reapply of eyeshadow around 1pm depending on the eye look I went with that day. That being said I will apply a word of warning. I rarely use any eyeshadow except for MAC or a few MUG and Stila. These are highly pigmented with great lasting power on their own so your result with drugstore eyeshadow may not be as long.

I tried this under my eyes, which the packaging suggested, and it was extremely drying and uncomfortable, but I have dry under eye and oily lids so that makes sense.

Applying:
A little goes a looong way, and its kind of expensive, so I put less than a pea sized on one ring finger.
Then I rub my two ring fingers together and I pat each finger over the whole eye lid up to the eyebrow.

Used 6 days a week, every week, a tube last about 2.5 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a gift with purchase and was amazed at how well it kept my eyeshadows, both shimmer and matte from creasing. I have used this while mountain biking to actually test how well it works, and it really does stay on even through horrendous sweating. I went straight away to buy the full size. I like that it is white which means the eyeshadow color will be perfectly displayed on top. Even used alone it beneficial by brightening the area. I do use a moisturizer underneath and still no creasing. I have very sensitive skin and this has not caused any irritation what so ever. I have used several highly recommended eye primers and this one is the best for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by ctome

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of three primers that I purchased in a trial set. It was my first time trying an eye primer and was very disappointed in its performance. It did nothing to extend the life of my eyeshadows and eyeliner and on top of that, made my eyelids look very white and shiny after it dried (I put on a dot the size of a couple of millimeters so it wasn't a lot!). I got around 3 hours of wear for both my eyeshadows and eyeliners. Will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by fab4gal

I've finally found my HG in an Eye Primer! I've tried a number of brands over the years from L'Oreal's DeCrease and NYX's High Definition Eye Shadow Base to Elf's Eyelid Primer. Of the three mentioned, NYX was the best BUT it still wasn't the be all, end all for me...so I kept looking...I saw a gal on You Tube talking a number of eye primers...hmmmm....

Enter the 360 Creaseless 12 Hour Eye Primer from Tarte...WOW...I can't believe how long my eyelids stay "dry" and look matte...it's incredible!

Usually my eyelids would look like they needed to be dabbed with a Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheet about 3-4 hours into my makeup application and now after using this brand it's amazing how good my eyes look and feel for a good number of hours...actually I find that the Tarte 360 Creaseless 12 Hour Eye Primer lasts longer than twelve hours! Even if it's warm outside, it still holds up nicely!

The primer itself looks a bit different than what most of us are used to seeing...it comes out looking like a white lotion vs the usual tinted appearance that most primers have...the best part is you need VERY LITTLE...I put a small dab on my right hand middle finger and then I take my left middle finger and dab them together so I have and equal amount of product on both fingers and then I close my eyes and gently dab, dab, dab on my eyelids...I put a bit of foundation on underneath the primer...I've actually worn this eye primer over my foundation and under and I have the same results both ways...it's just a matter of preference as to which I grab first to apply...I only use foundation on my forehead and eyelids because that's where I tend to be a bit oily so the rest of my face is au natural....anyhow, once I finish dabbing my eyelids and generally have what appears to be no product left, I will do a quick dab on my forehead (right between my eyebrows) and it actually helps to keep that area on the matter side...there appears to be a minute amount left on my fingers because I dab and don't rub my eyelids so that's why even the teensiest bit of product left on your fingers (even if you can't see it) is quite helpful for other areas as well...then I finish off with a quick press of a translucent powder to set everything...

I initially bought the Tarte eye primer from eBay in a sample sized tube just so I could try it without sinking money into a product I might not like...I'm glad I tried this primer and since then I purchased the full size product...this is one product I wouldn't want to be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by NestingTrousers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had this for around 3 months now and I have to say this is the best eye primer I have ever had. I have tried UDPP, Lorac, TF, ELF, and nothing really did the job for me. I love how this glides on so easily and it does not feel greasy or heavy, I prefer a very light eye so this primer really is perfect.

I have very oily skin and live in a hot and humid climate, this product will keep my eye makeup on for 8+ hours, i'm not really sure i'd say it would last 12 hours, but it does last a long time!

Overall, i'm very happy with this product. I believe I paid $20 for it, which is pretty pricy but I love how it's formulated without parabens and sulfates and this tube lasts such a long time, like I said i've had it for 3 months and I still have a ton left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this primer. It has tiny reflective particles in a white cream base, but is smooth and creamy, not gritty at all. The particles just add a luminous quality that brightens the eye area. This has become my go-to primer because you can us it both for the lid and under the eye area. While it does help to keep my eyeshadow in place for the full 12 hours, that is not why I use this primer. I use this primer because it makes my concealer last all day. No need for touch ups. I have several kinds of concealers that I alternate, and this keeps whatever I am using on the entire day. That is a huge benefit when you are in meetings all day and have no time to reapply makeup. That is the reason I will be repurchasing this primer. I will note that it can be drying so I use a eye cream underneath and i use a moisturizing concealer on top (which i would do anyway for my mature skin and fine lines). I have sensitive skin which has reacted badly to other popular eye primers, but I have had no reaction to this primer at all. This product works and I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by KellyLee1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING!!!! I work in a machine shop, so I am constantly being exposed to the airborne oil, solvents and general blech that comes with that environment. My eyeshadow looks as good after an 8-10 hour shift as it does when I put it on in the morning!!! It can easily go 12 hours with no creasing...even when I wear bright/intense colors. It doesn't show on bare skin, either, so sometimes I'll apply it just to give my mascara a little better grip.

It also makes the eyeshadow come out bright/pigmented.

It's not sticky at all, which is something that I've heard about with other eye primers. (But have never experienced, as this is the first primer I have tried.)

I will DEFINITELY buy this again when I run out. It's an incredible product. Worth every penny. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupnewbie1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This primer works fine. My colors stay for 12 hours, as promised. I love that Tarte's products don't have paraben or phthalates, and other nasty stuff.

I said I'd buy again, but it's really a maybe. I didn't want to say No, because it's definitely a good product. However, this is my first ever eye primer, and I have purchased Too Faced's eye primer and am about to try that. If Too Faced is better, then I won't buy Tarte's again. I will be trying all of the premium eye primers (I can't find any cheap and effective eye primer anyway, where I live), such as Too Faced, Urban Decay, etc. and then choosing my favourite.

TLDR: It's a good product that works and doesn't have harmful ingredients, and isn't any more expensive than the other premium ones.