September 18, 2014 | 844 users online

BB Cream - Hada Labo - Hyaluronic Acid BB Moist Cream SPF32 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by lancherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely sensitive and dry skin. Even just showering dries it out and it gets very red and feel extremely tight. I have trouble finding nice moisturizers and face washes and foundations that don't feel heavy but still cover well.
I've tried a few BB creams because they should be everything I need, moisturizing, good coverage (well it varies but you can definitely get ones that are practically foundations) and had no luck. I bought the famous Missha Perfect Cover BB cream and hated and threw it out. The color was ridiculous on me (NC25) and it felt very heavy. I gave up on Korean BB creams after reading many reviews and looking at swatches - they are just far too grey.
I saw a swatch of the Hada Labo BB cream and was amazed at it's color and managed to buy it from ebay (in Natural Beige for around $21 USD).

- Firstly the color is fantastic - extremely yellow undertones and suites me fine (it's around NC20-25) although it might not match me too well in summer.
- Secondly the coverage is strangely full/medium!! I was very surprised, I have a hard time covering my red cheeks but this does a pretty damn good job at it (possibly because it doesn't irritate my face since it helps to moisturize) :)
- It feels quite light (can still feel it) and a little goes a long way surprisingly. I find myself still cutting back these days and getting away with less product
- It has a dewy/slightly sticky finish but isn't too bad. I would say definitely needs a powder but I don't find that a down point since it's acting partially as a moisturizer anyway
- I really don't have enough good things to say about this product, has no added scent either (just the classic subtle sunscreen smell that comes with an SPF product), also SPF32! I'll never complain about SPF :) Coming from someone with sensitive skin I need all the SPF I can get to protect my face
- Another great thing is that there's another shade, Natural Ochre. Haven't tried it myself but I believe it's around NC30 from what I've read online, definitely an incredible bonus to any darker skin people that struggle to find a BB cream (even being NC25 it can be a little hard to find one)

The ONE down thing about this is that is can get messy. Would love it if it had a pump but a very minor issue I'm very happy to deal with since the product is so great. True HG foundation/BB cream for me. Will definitely repurchase. Also can be hard to source but most asian BB creams are (this one is Japanese to anyone wondering) and I got it from ebay

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Shades Comparison Reference:
#1 - NC20
#2 - NC25, NC30

(All based on other people's reviews)

These shades are darker than the typical Korean BB cream. It's also more of an yellow tone than a grey or pink base.

- - -

SKIN-DATA: Dry/dehydrated, sensitive, clog-prone (especially to silicone), and scar-prone. Asian living on the West coast of Canada, so fairly dry climate and major wind chap all the time. 20-25 years old.

I really wanted to love this product since everyone is raving about it's moisturizing power (with its Hyaluronic Acid) but the fact is I'm too scared to use this product more than once due to it's high levels of silicone.

SILICONE:
2nd ingredients on the list is Cyclopentasiloxane. 5 Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, 7 PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, 10 Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone
& 3 more at the bottom of the list (but considering theres only roughly 20 ingredients...this is pretty high in silicone content).

(source: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_071756539.html)

No go.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG status alert! :) One of the rare face makeup products that doesn't irritate my extremely allergy-prone, acne-prone sensitive skin and DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT! I use the lighter shade (tube with pink letters) and it suits my NC25 skintone perfectly!

Pros:
- Silky texture similar to that of a gel foundation
- Goes on very smooth & doesn't accentuate dry spots (I use it over my daily face cream)
- Buildable medium coverage with SPF 32
- Contains Hyaluronic acid (which this skincare company is known for) and manages to keep my skin moisturized
- In the winter it lasts for 9+ hours on my face and in the summer it lasts about 6-7h
- No fragrance, mineral oil, alcohol, and is hypoallergenic
- Doesn't oxidize
- Extremely convenient packaging that I can just throw in my purse and go :)
- Leaves my skin very calm, soft, and slightly glowing(?!) after removal
- Does not break me out (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Cons:
- Difficult to purchase in North America although I think I've seen it at one of the asian malls in Canada (with a jacked up price though). Online shopping ftw!
- Since it was made for Japanese consumers the darker color only goes up to about NC30 (NC35 might be stretching it)
- For oily skinned individuals living in tropical climates this might be too moisturizing; I have one friend who said it is fine as long as she doesn't use too much and sets it with a blotting powder
- Not transfer-proof although setting it with a good powder seems to do the trick
- You probably still need to use another SPF (assuming you don't pile it on)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I kinda gave up on bb creams. I still think they're glorified tinted moisturizer with too little amount of ingredients to really make a difference for the skin.

Most bb creams are just too pink or gray or too white, too light or too thick and cakey etc. Hada labo Moist bb was my last Asian bb cream and I won't repurchasing this product either. This comes close to my actual skin tone. It is maybe about a tone or two lighter than my actual skin tone.

This is pretty thick cream and it isn't as moisturizing as most reviewers claimed but I am guessing cause my skin is just too dry. I can layer this on without it being cakey. I have to apply moisturizer underneath. It did even out my skin tone but I still need concealer to conceal any redness or blemishes and so on. Another nice thing about this bb cream is that it didn't oxidize on my skin.

I did get acne if I use this every day so I alternate it with my tinted moisturizer.

This could easily be purchased in the stores in Asia. Everywhere else, you can find this at BeautyKat, eBay and a few other online stores. While I love online shopping, I hate waiting around for stocks or international shipping therefore I won't be repurchasing and I rather just stick to my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I took a plunge and swore to myself this is the last BB cream I'll ever purchase.
I did not have any luck with BB cream in the past due to my warm NC 35 skin tone (sometimes it can be NW 25), the white/greyish cast in all the BB cream looks horrible on me. Surprisingly in some part of Planet Earth, some people thinks the light (whiter) the more beautiful, regardless of what their natural skin tone is, and this un-natural whitish makes a flat/fat face looks more moony (and I mean full moon), go figure .....
This is a thick lotion, and moist, which suits my dry skin. It looks more like a highlighter on my skin, in a dewy moist way (not glitter), although I will not use it on my T-zone.
What I find most wonderful about this product is to mix it with liquid/cream foundation I had purchased and is sitting in the corner of my drawer because it is too dark/tan. The mixture of the 2 products work out great for me.
The SPF means nothing, honestly people, read up, one has to use a certain amount of SPF products to make it effective, about 1/3 to half a teaspoonful for the entire face & neck; not to mention reapplied every 4 hours. Do you use that much fdn, and every few hours piled some more on?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sezling

Best bb cream I have used so far. Can even use as a concealer - medium coverage. Colour might run a bit dark but it has a good yellow undertone (sometimes too good i.e. strong --> can come out in certain pics). I prefer this to looking sickly white or grey in pics however. It's also pretty moisturising.. can look a bit oily. But still need to moisturise well underneath. I use a moisturising essence underneath it to prevent the highlighting of dry skin patches.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

This one has a more natural finish than the emulsion but a lower SPF.
I have oily skin so I got shiny faster than with thinner BB creams. I don't mind that as much but I felt my skin condition for both this cream and the emulsion got worse. I may be sensitive to the SPF ingredient used as my normal foundations felt less clogging even if I removed with an oil cleanser. Do note that I need a BB cream to perform for more than 8 hours because of work and school. Those who only use a BB cream to go out for a few hours may find this to be a great alternative to pink or grey BB creams.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This BB is a cream formula that has a liquid equivalent for normal/combo/oily skin and long sun exposure, Hyaluronic Acid BB Emulsion SPF50 PA+++, and a whitening equivalent for damaged skin or post-sun exposure, Hyaluronic Acid BB Medicinal Whitening Cream SPF32 PA+++. They all have high-SPF (UVA), broad-spectrum (UVB) sun protection, are alcohol/ethanol- and fragrance-free (great for sensitive skin), are paraben-free, and the shades are for the most part the same across products (slightly lighter for creams). Unfortunately, medium- to deep-toned skin types will not find a color match with any of these products.

I received the Hada Labo BB cream in Natural Beige (the tanner of the two shades is Natural Ochre) as a gift from a former Japanese roommate back in January of this year, so I have been using this for 7 months (winter through summer) at the time of writing this review. It is my favorite BBs of the many I have tried, largely because Natural Beige has a yellow/golden undertone that evens out my skin tone and and gives it a healthy glow without making me look ghostly pale like many gray-toned Korean BB creams have. All of Hada Labo's BBs are yellow-toned, however, so while they are great for yellow and neutral undertones, they are probably not a product for those with cool/pink undertones.

The coverage is sheer but buildable to a medium. It evens out my skin tone beautifully and has a natural, satin finish when blended in, and can be matted with finishing powder if desired especially for oily skin, because this may feel heavy after 6 hours. This works well at covering my dark circles because of its yellow undertone, but acne scars or other dark spots around the face may need concealer since this will not cover it all in a single layer.

The texture of this "cream" is actually more fluid than most Korean BB creams (this may seem runny during initial dispensing from the tube) but it's still a little thicker than the emulsion formula, so the cream is moreso a treat for dry skin than oily skin because it is more moisturizing. But its light, fluid texture makes it easy to apply and blend over the face using fingertips, a brush, or sponge.

I have used this for three seasons, and while the moisturizing is greatly appreciated during the winter when my skin is dry, it may be a little too moisturizing with the summer sweat so powder on the T-zone especially helps tone down shine and oil for summer application. The staying power varies among skin types and seasonal climates, but on average across the seasons, this will last me 5 hours of wear time without powder and up to 8 with powder. During the summer, I blot no more than twice throughout wear time.

While the coverage may not be enough to cover significant skin imperfections, I love this BB for its lightweight and easy application, healthy looking shades, high-SPF, broad-spectrum sun protection, skin tone evening, its omitting of comedogenic ingredients (alcohol, fragrance, and parabens), and the fact that it is an BB option that doesn't whiten the skin like most Asian BBs do. At US$16 (US$20 at most online retailers), it's a little pricey compared to most Korean BB creams but still cheaper than many high-end Asian and Western BB creams. And you get 45g/1.6oz of product; with the aforementioned benefits, it's a generous amount and well worth it.

As for those who are looking for yellow-toned BBs with higher coverage, try Ishizawa nanocé BB moist cream SPF30 PA++ 40g/1.4oz (~US$20–$40 depending where you look) or Kanebo KATE Mineral Cover BB Gel Cream SPF30 PA++ 30ml/1oz (~US$16–$20), both from Japan. The tubes are a little smaller, the sun protection levels are a little lower, and the shade selection is still limited to fair-medium, but these provide a stronger medium coverage than Hada Labo's BB Moist Cream.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No