AG Hair Cosmetics Colour Savour Sulfate Free Shampoo

4.1

on 7/1/2015 12:22:00 PM

So, I keep trying this, liking it, getting bored or irritated by it, stopping it and repeating the cycle later. I am currently stocked up on this because Ulta was clearing out the old packaging and they had liters of this on sale for cheaper than I could get at the liter sale. It is something I am cool with keeping in the shower. Sometimes I really like it: smooth hair, color protection, smells nice, nice for a sulfate free product. But after long term (months) consistent use, the proteins start to get the best of my fine hair and it starts to feel dry. Then, if I go back in a year or so, great then dry. So if proteins are NOT an issue for you, this is a really nice shampoo. But I would only buy it during the Ulta liter sale or some other sale of such. Not worth the full price tag IMO. Kind of a flouncy review, but that is kind of how I am with this. I don't love it, I don't hate it.

on 6/23/2015 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this shampoo for a couple of years. For reference I color/bleach my hair and this is the brand I trust not to make my hair orange or brassy. Especially since salon services can get pricey as well as time consuming! I'm in the salon for at least 3 hours for cut, shampoo, style and touch-up color. I don't want all that going down the drain. I shampoo twice a week and rarely use clarifying shampoo even after buildup from leave in conditioner, serums, or hairspray. This is good stuff! The scent is not strong, pleasant, not too fruity. I suggest purchasing a moisturizing conditioner after using any sulfate free shampoo. But I find this has great lather and not drying. It fits my criteria for a sulfate free shampoo.

For those who wonder why try sulfate free? For me, it doesn't leave a waxy film on my hair, my scalp is not itchy and oily, I can wash my hair twice a week with it, and it retains color! I have tried other cheaper ones but my color fades and still get a waxy build up or leaves my hair parched.

I purchase at Ulta during their liter sales so it's about $20 which I feel is a good value. My hair is down my back and can't buy 8 oz shampoos no longer. Stock up otherwise it's around $50 for one liter. So if you color your hair and want to invest in good products to maintain it, try AG Color Savour. I switch with their Smooth line with argan oil to switch things up.

I have been using this for some time so I am always on the look out for better sulfate free shampoos.

on 5/3/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Woah, love this shampoo! It's cleansing, yet does not strip my hair of moisture and it smells sooo good! It also lathers amazingly for a sulfate free shampoo!

I also love that the pH of the product is clearly listed as pH 4.5-5.5. I use slightly acidic hair products whenever possible, as it helps seal the cuticle. There are many hair products (even expensive, branded ones) in the market that are alkaline and are actually not good for your hair.

I cannot however comment on its "color savour" claim as I do not have color treated hair.

on 7/16/2014 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

EHHHHHHHH.

This shampoo is kind of weak for how expensive it is. I do like the smell of it and it cleans my hair. That's about it really. I don't get the rave reviews about this product. It didn't work for me.

And for the self proclaimed "color savour" title, I really don't think this and the colour savour conditioner did anything to savour my colour - both when it was ombre and dyed back to a light brown. My color actually faded out pretty hard and my golden ombre got very brassy.

And trust me I use heat and UV protectant, deep condtiton, blah blah blah to take care of my hair.

Next.

on 3/29/2014 1:09:00 AM

I heard nothing but fantastic reviews on this product, so I knew I needed to try it. I had previously been using Pureology's Reviving Reds line for redheads, but the price was obscene, even if a bottle did last me 4 months (I'm a redhead who only washes 2-3x per week). This is still crazy expensive ($50 for liter bottle, WHAT?) but I opted for the cheaper $20 8oz. bottle and the matching conditioner. Right off the bat I was annoyed because the conditioner is 2 oz. smaller but still the same price and I always run out of conditioner first. The bottle is a pain, I really have to shake and squeeze more the lower I get down in the bottle, but the plastic is thick and awkwardly shaped. The smell is very pleasant, I love it! It does not dry my hair out at all, but still leaves it very clean. However, I do notice more color washing out than I did with my previous products and that bums me out. Red is a stubborn enough color to maintain. I'd still recommend it, but I'm iffy about buying it again, especially because of the price. Even the best products have someone they don't work well for, I guess this one is it for me. The conditioner is great though! Smells better than the shampoo, is very moisturizing and doesn't weigh my hair down, despite the fact that it contains silicones.

on 9/22/2013 11:48:00 AM

I have super frizzy highlighted hair and believe me a hair product junkie. I have tried it all from the cheapest to the most expensive & never the results I needed. This sulfate-free shampoo is the BEST I have ever used and now am enjoying the AG product line. You will not go wrong with this shampoo. As everyone states my HOLY GRAIL.

on 10/13/2012 8:35:00 PM

So there's a slight caveat to my review - I've started using Pureology's Purify shampoo once a week after I had a problem with build up from using Joico's K-Pak Color Therapy, but that's waaay too expensive for daily use. I found AG at Ulta and bought a sample bottle that I'm still working on.

I love it. It smells great and lathers well and doesn't take much product to clean - something I was not experiencing with Joico. And as far as color care? Two days before my hair appointment - ie, when my color was at its worst, and about 8 or 9 days after starting with AG and two "doses" of Pureology my roommate asked if I had already gotten my color done - it revived it that much!! I think the Pureology helps to get the build up out, but the AG keeps my color looking great during the week and on my daily washings (I got greasy hair). And it does smell AWESOME.

on 7/29/2012 9:17:00 PM

This was recommended by the hair stylists after I got my hair colored at the salon. This shampoo is sulfate free and the smell is very lovely. It lathers to a foamy texture. 1L bottle cost about 27 bucks Canadian and lasts a long time. I find this shampoo to be moisturizing and does not strip away my colour dyed hair; as well my colour hair does not fade as easily. This is also a Canadian product! <3

Popular Shampoos