April 25, 2014 | 690 users online

Shampoo - A/G - Colour Savour Sulfate Free Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

I heard nothing but fantastic reviews on this product, so I knew I needed to try it. I had previously been using Pureology's Reviving Reds line for redheads, but the price was obscene, even if a bottle did last me 4 months (I'm a redhead who only washes 2-3x per week). This is still crazy expensive ($50 for liter bottle, WHAT?) but I opted for the cheaper $20 8oz. bottle and the matching conditioner. Right off the bat I was annoyed because the conditioner is 2 oz. smaller but still the same price and I always run out of conditioner first. The bottle is a pain, I really have to shake and squeeze more the lower I get down in the bottle, but the plastic is thick and awkwardly shaped. The smell is very pleasant, I love it! It does not dry my hair out at all, but still leaves it very clean. However, I do notice more color washing out than I did with my previous products and that bums me out. Red is a stubborn enough color to maintain. I'd still recommend it, but I'm iffy about buying it again, especially because of the price. Even the best products have someone they don't work well for, I guess this one is it for me. The conditioner is great though! Smells better than the shampoo, is very moisturizing and doesn't weigh my hair down, despite the fact that it contains silicones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by GGSISTER

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have super frizzy highlighted hair and believe me a hair product junkie. I have tried it all from the cheapest to the most expensive & never the results I needed. This sulfate-free shampoo is the BEST I have ever used and now am enjoying the AG product line. You will not go wrong with this shampoo. As everyone states my HOLY GRAIL.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

So there's a slight caveat to my review - I've started using Pureology's Purify shampoo once a week after I had a problem with build up from using Joico's K-Pak Color Therapy, but that's waaay too expensive for daily use. I found AG at Ulta and bought a sample bottle that I'm still working on.

I love it. It smells great and lathers well and doesn't take much product to clean - something I was not experiencing with Joico. And as far as color care? Two days before my hair appointment - ie, when my color was at its worst, and about 8 or 9 days after starting with AG and two "doses" of Pureology my roommate asked if I had already gotten my color done - it revived it that much!! I think the Pureology helps to get the build up out, but the AG keeps my color looking great during the week and on my daily washings (I got greasy hair). And it does smell AWESOME.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was recommended by the hair stylists after I got my hair colored at the salon. This shampoo is sulfate free and the smell is very lovely. It lathers to a foamy texture. 1L bottle cost about 27 bucks Canadian and lasts a long time. I find this shampoo to be moisturizing and does not strip away my colour dyed hair; as well my colour hair does not fade as easily. This is also a Canadian product! <3