Kate Somerville Daily Deflector Moisturizer SPF 20

on 5/1/2013 12:31:00 PM

I received a sample of this in the mail, and I've only used it once. The reviews are so dreadful, I'm a bit afraid of using up the rest of the product as I am very breakout prone. I thought this went on well, and I personally didn't notice any shimmer or glitter. I used Differin last night, so I really hope this protects my sensitive skin from the sun today. It smelled pretty nice and I liked the feel of it. We'll see. I won't buy it though, not with these abysmal reviews, and I like a higher spf coverage.

on 2/16/2013 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got a free sample of this product from Sephora. I loved the consistency and how smooth it was when I applied it. However, within 24 hours my face broke out in hives with tiny blistery bumps all over my face. Proceed with caution with this product. My face was on fire And itchy. I will never use free SAMPLES again . This is the second time this happened to me. The first time was with Strivectin....smh NEVER AGAIN.

on 12/4/2012 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this as a sample. My skin had a glow after applying...realized a few days into using that it's because of all the glitter in the product. Why would anyone want glitter particles in their sunscreen? First product used by Kate Somerville, not impressed.

This product would be great for skin that isn't sensitive to cones, because this has dimethicone in it. I used it for about a week and everything was great. I love the smell and how light it feels and it makes my skin feel really smooth, almost like I used a primer and my makeup goes on smoothly. However, after about a week, I started breaking out. My skin has been under control and I probably only get a cystic hormonal pimple once every 2 months....but after about a week of using this product, I have 2 angry red BIG cysts on my chin, as well as a bunch of tiny little pimples on my cheek area. yuck! I'm hoping I can clear my skin up soon once I stop using this product. Good product if you are not breakout prone at all, but if you are, be careful!