September 16, 2014 | 2086 users online

Lotions/ Creams - E.L.F. - Lotion Wipes

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by misslisaruiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these lotion wipes!! When I go to get my eyebrows and upper lip waxed my skin is sensitive and usually turns red and irritated. (I even get small break-outs where the wax was applied.) Not anymore... these wipes have helped me so much in reducing the redness and irritation. I take my wipes with me to the salon, after the waxing I wipe my face with them, then just rinse off with water. Totally recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by LyricNicole1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got mine in vanilla and coconut. I really like how you don't have to rub the product in after wiping. It doesn't leave a greasy residue. It's very light, but very moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got the vanilla coconut wipes and the smell was ok i guess but nothing to go crazy about. I liked the idea of these but the execution is not perfect. Yes, it's quick and convenient, and the lotion is hydrating and light, perfect for hot summer day when you still want to moisturize but don't want to wait till it's dry. But, it's really hard to apply because the wipe keep rolling in my hand, making it really difficult. I also don't like that it's a pretty big waste. For the price it was worth a try, but that's it.

I'll not repurchase, because I think that the Spray and Go from vaseline have a better smell, have the same light and moisturizing kind of lotion without the waste and the hassle of the wipes rolling in my hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

They're ok...I bought these for convenience to toss into my bag and not worry about a bottle of lotion becoming loose and spilling all over the inside of my bag. Fair warning- the mango stinks of chemicals and fake mango fragrance. I love mango scented things so I had to get these, but was soo dissapointed and couldn't stand the smell! The milk and honey is ok. But I think the real winner is the shea butter one. I'd buy that scent again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These were on sale at Winners and when I first picked them up I thought they were face wipes. It wasn't until I was in line to pay that I discovered what they really were and figured I may as well give them a shot. I must say, I wasn't expecting very much... but I was very impressed.

First of all, I love the scent. I'm curious what scent the reviewer who complained about the smell purchased, because they didn't say. I got the Vanilla Coconut scent and it's very fresh and not at all chemically or overpowering (I love both vanilla and coconut!). The cloths are loaded with moisturizing oils and liquids rather than creams, so it takes a few minutes to sink into your skin but doesn't leave a greasy after-feel (if you look at the label it's loaded with good ingredients like coconut milk, cocoa butter, aloe, and sweet almond oil!). At first it feels like a very light moisturizer that doesn't do much (probably because I'm so used to heavy creams) but... holy cow!!!!! The long-term effect is incredible; give it a few hours and you really start to feel the effects of the moisturizer. For example, if I put some on my hands right before bed, I wake up with baby-soft hands like I haven't had in a LONG while! It's also great for nails and cuticles. Most often I just apply this to my hands and elbows, and I can get about 4 uses out of each cloth this way. I just put the cloth back into the packet and use it again (I always apply right after washing my hands so I figure that's hygienic enough), but I suppose you could also cut the cloth into 2 or 3 pieces as well.

I have also used these wipes all over my body. I can use one wipe for a light all-over moisturizing after a shower (just start at your driest places because obviously you start running out near the end). A few hours after doing this I noticed that my arms in particular were super soft and smooth. And it even keeps my super-dry feet moisturized and comfortable. The only thing is it is a little awkward to rub into your body because the wipe kind of rolls up in the process, but it's easy enough to make it work.

I placed an E.L.F. order today and included another packet of these, this time in the Vanilla Sugar Cookie scent. I'll probably order more whenever I do an E.L.F. order, which isn't very often, or grab them when I see them at Winners. However, this isn't something I'm going to keep around all the time because E.L.F. isn't very available in my area and the product is sort of wasteful.

I'd recommend you give these a try. It's a nice moisturizer that is light-feeling but effective, and it's very convenient. Don't expect amazing instantaneous moisturizing relief with this product, but give it some time to do its thing and you'll be very happy.

UPDATE: I received the Vanilla Sugar Cookie and the scent is a little chemically and not as good, although the dry-down is alright. I don't necessarily recommend this scent and will probably not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by iamdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to use these lotion wipes, mostly because carrying around lotion can be a bit of a hassle, yet my face gets dry every time I wash it thoroughly and it's uncomfortable going around un-moisturized. These seemed like the perfect solution. They've got the convenience of baby wipes but can pack lotion on a dry face when it needs it! Unfortunately, this proved to be a disappointment in many ways. First off, the smell is absolutely horrendous. I don't know if the one I bought was a dud or anything because it seems like most people here like the scent, but the ones I had were over-scented. Even if I merely opened the packaging to grab a wipe, the product would inundate the inside of my car with the horrifying chemical, manufactured scent and I would be forced to roll the windows down to breathe. Apart from the scent, I also do not remember the actual lotion aspect of the product to perform as well as I had hoped it would, although I may have been a bit distracted by the ridiculous scent that was shoved up my nostrils.
It's extremely disappointing, considering how hyped up I was to use this product and how I thought this might magically solve my lotion problems, but alas, no dice. =/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I know these are really wasteful but they are extremely convenient. I have really dry skin and like to apply lotion every day but sometimes when I am in a hurry I don't have the time to do the full lotion routine. With these wipes though, it takes so little time and they actually do leave skin feeling moisturized even though it is a very light moisturizer and you don't even really have to rub it in, just rub it over skin. They aren't something that I use every day, so I feel a little better about the waste factor.
I got my first package at Target with the holiday display... $3 for 15 wipes. That's kind of pricey for ELF. I ended up finding some other scents at Marshalls and they actually wanted $4 a package but I ended up buying 2 other scents there because I really do like them that much and haven't seen them anywhere else but online.
Brilliant idea.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by xoxojordan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell is quite pleasant like baking cookies (yummy) but there are only 15 wipes for $3... A bottle of lotion is usually about $3. So this is a little pricey for E.L.F imo.

Biggest downside is this product is chock full of PARABENS! *gasp*

Please remove the parabens and I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

This was a genius idea. Putting on regular lotion can be messy and a bit time consuming, especially when you are in a hurry. I usually only need one wipe to get the whole job done. I was especially surprised at how moisturizing these are considering the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are ingenious. Who would've thought of lotion in a wipe?! I can quickly use one when I'm in a hurry and it moisturizes and smells great. The vanilla coconut scent is heavenly. I am ordering more packages to put in my nightstand and in my purse.