July 22, 2014 | 2496 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation, it smells nice, applies evenly, and does not make sensitive skin break out. It lasts about the average time of a foundation, which is about 8 hours. Pretty good product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I got this on clearance at Target for a little over $4. I never was a fan of foundation in general, as I much prefer BB/CC creams. I decided to try this out, hoping that it wouldn't make my face feel disgustingly heavy like other foundations I've tried out. As I feared, I hated this. It's more of a tinted moisturizer in my opinion, since the coverage is so minimal. My Skin79 BB cream has way more coverage than this product. It also leaves my skin greasy, and it breaks me out too. I guess it was on clearance for a reason.

This works great as a tinted moisturizer I guess, but it is definitely not a foundation to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by biancavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's really good for people who are new to foundation as it was easy to apply onto the skin, and true to it's name as it feels like silk, and made my skin feel really smooth.
It could be used as an everyday foundation as it has light-medium coverage.
But it didn't go very well with my oily skin. I found myself touching up on powder and oil blotters every half hour-hour, because it kept making my skin oily.
I would probably recommend this to people who have normal skin without much acne scarring because of its light coverage, dewy finish and cheap price, but not for those with oily or combination skin as it made my oily skin more oilier.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by marie15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just bought this product at my local Target today. I needed a new foundation because I recently discovered that my old foundation Revlon Color stay was outdated or something of that sort, and was making my skin dry and flaky in some patches.
I decided to go with this product after hearing numerous reports of this being an outstanding, light feeling, medium coverage foundation for a fraction of the cost of higher end makeup. I picked up the 3rd lightest shade, even though I am a medium skin tone, I am a little bit lighter in the winter time. I came home and after washing my face, tried this out. For being the 3rd lightest shade, it looked EXTREMELY orange on me, which I was really disappointed :( Also it didn't blend very well into my skin. I have dry skin along with hyper pigmentation and mild dark circles underneath my eyes, and it didn't do much to help that out. I hate to be someone to write a bad review, because I love CoverGirl products, but I just thought I'd let anyone know that the foundation colors run (at least for me) extremely dark, with an orange y tint. Bummer. Returning this tomorrow because it's just not going to work out for me. Maybe I'll make a trip into Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I'm really loving this foundation right now. It goes on feeling like a BB cream, but gives very nice coverage. I have some minor blemishes and unevenness, and it covers it. It also covers my dark circles, I do not have to use much concealer. My only complaint is that the staying power is not great. But all around a very nice foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by sb89

After searching (and searching..) for a product that would suit my oily/acne prone skin and would also be a reasonable price I settled on this foundation after I read that it had been used by top makeup artists at the 2011 Fashion Week. I was discouraged by mixture of reviews but decided to go for it anyway.
And I'm glad I did!
This foundation is so easy to blend, smells nice and leaves a light coverage that is very buildable - although I would not suggest this if you want heavy coverage.
I put a pea sized amount on the back of my hand then dot it with ecotools travel size kabuki brush and then blend it with the same brush. This leaves a even, natural coverage that leaves a dewy finish. I do brush on some shine free powder over the top (maybelline) of my nose and t-zone to prevent looking like grease ball.
Overall, I would recommend this product. Dont be put off by negative reviews because what might work for you may not work for other people.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Got it as a sample. Matched my skin tone very well. I don't have very bad skin, some redness and blemishes from hormonal issues. It covered it decently and with my concealer worked quite well. The only problem is that it makes my skin very oily, within the first 2 hours. I also had to blot throughout the day every couple of hours. It does look very nice but for my skin just didn't work well. I have combo skin, but it is not typically that oily naturally. It may work for you if you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Wonderless07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is perfect for me ( I have oily/combination skin). The product itself feels so silky and it glides on so smoothly when applied to your face. Once I finish applying it my face looks so matte that sometimes I don't even apply a powder over it to set it! The coverage is amazing and is build able without looking to cakey. Lasts me about 7 hours without touch ups. I never have to use a primer with this product because it already has a matte finish. As for the packaging it is the same as one that would come for a tinted moisturizer. I love the packaging because I can control the amount I squeeze out and it's not messy at all. Overall, I am very pleased with this product and will be using this for a very long time! My skin is fair-medium and 320 in this product is a perfect match! (No undertones of shimmer)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Mary79

This foundation spread smoothly and seamlessly into my skin. It felt quite silky and my skin initially looked quite flawless. The light scent is a little strange as I expect my foundations to smell neutral but I wasn't offended. The staying power of this foundation is very poor unfortunately. By the end of my eight hour work day it appeared as though the foundation was was swimming on top of my skin in a layer of oil. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by vloterbiegje

I bought this product based on some good reviews saying it gave a very natural coverage and a dewy finish. It does do that, but only if you already have very good skin. I have oily skin with minor blemishes and quite some redness. This foundation tones down the overall redness of my skin but does not succeed in covering up blemishes or smaller red spots. I also have oil breaking through after a couple of hours, even when I use mattifying powder to set it. I think I will try to use this up on holiday trips and such occasions when I would normally not wear any make-up, for looking slightly better :).
Pros:
- lightweight formula
- easy to apply
- natural, dewey looking finish
- good colour selection for pale skin, better than most department store foundations
Cons:
- gives no more than light coverage, hardly buildable
- not good at keeping oil at bay
- not long lasting, at least not for oily skin