October 21, 2014 | 922 users online

Highlighters - Chanel - Lumiere D'Artifices Beiges

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by minax

I recently started to look for a subtle highlighter. High beam for example or Girl meets pearl were both too glaringly loud for my taste. I bought the Chanel on a whim. I was initially disappointed because the compact has a layer of glitter spray at the surface and this left big obvious glitter on my face. However underneath is a silky subtle powder that gives you a non obvious product glow. I find it too subtle for evening looks, but it is perfect for highlighting during the day. The powder is a light yellow and medium brown, which when mixed provide an even light golden brown shade. I have used this all over the face before, but I have also used a small brush to swipe just the light or the dark shade. It is a great product from Chanel.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Yamillicious

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i think this is great for a Everyday highlither, i wear it to my work and i am happy with the result, i think its better than all the shinny that my moonbeam and Physicians formula riviera strips gives me, because its just a suttle glow
love it, hate the price , but i love the product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by aksaiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product:
Chanel Lumiere D'Artifices Beiges Illuminating Powder with Shimmers
18g/ 0.63oz, Made In Italy, $65

Thoughts:
I never intended to buy this product, since I bought the other Chanel highlighter, the Route Des Indes De Chanel from the Bombay Express Collection. My BFF got it for my birthday ( <3 her!) :D
Tbh, I'm probably going to end up using this one a lot more. Compared to the Bombay one, this is a more practical creation at a more acceptable price (that one is quite yellow). I should also note that Lumiere D'Artifices Beiges is not only cheaper at $65 vs. $80, it also contains more product a weighing 18g vs. 15g for Route Des Indes De Chanel.
I've read other reviews [on blogs] that said it was too chalky, and I found that untrue. It is more powdery (ie. lots of powder flying up when swiped) than I would have liked. But on my NC20 Asian neutral-warm olive skintone, it melded easily into my skin, giving a subtle glow.
It is quite subtle of a highlighter, which suited my tastes just fine. Its subtleness makes it very beginner friendly, and very hard to overdo. If you are used to using more visible type of highlight, like BB Shimmerbricks or NARS illuninators. I do have to use a slightly heavier hand than usual for it to show for me, but I'm happy it's something I can swipe on my face with half-a-brain in the morning. :P
Another thing is that it might be a *tiny* bit darker than my skin, I don't know if I swiped on too much of the darker strips or something. If you are lighter than NC20, it might serve as a glowy bronzer for you.

All in all, I think this product is great for people who enjoy a subtler highlight, or beginners who want to something that is difficult to mess up with. It will also be a good choice for those with medium to medium fair skin for highlighting, and for fair skin as a bronzer. Much darker than medium skin though, perhaps the powderiness will make the product appear chalky on you.