September 23, 2014 | 949 users online

Top/Base Coats - L.A. Colors - Hardener-Strengthener

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I got this at my local kmart & it seems like ur basic base/topcoat, it's clear & shiny...the bottle is shaped like the OPI bottles & the brush is okay (not like the WnW or Sally Hansen quick dry polishes w those broad brushes; this is a normal width!!). I don't believe in spending a ton on nailpolishes in general, they all will chip eventually on me because I have natural nails. Unless you are going for OPI Nail Envy (or the Seche Vit which I have never tried), the OPI Nail Envy is better than this. But it's also USD$15 + tax so it looks like I will be using & sticking w this little workhorse instead. It dries fairly quickly like all of the LA Colors nail products & makes my nailpolish stay on better, my nails seem to split less/seem harder, & seems to help on preventing staining on my natural nails from those dark or glittery polishes. All in all, this is a good product w an ample supply for a couple of bucks, so after this gets thick & gooey, I lose/misplace it, or plain run out, I will def repurchase! But I can virtually count on one hand (PUN intended!!!) how many nailpolishes I have actually finished b4 they got old & thick or gooey, so I probably will end up w a fresh bottle when that is the case :) LA Colors is an amazing quality brand for its price. They could charge triple & ppl would still probably buy it. My fave brands atm are LA Colors, WnW, elf, & Jordana, but I am a like a "line-hoe" so I will try any brand if the price is right :) older LA Colors makeup is not of that gr8 quality so don't let that nor the price bias you, try something new again coz chances are it's probably been reformulated & improved, plus besides the gr8 price ur not risking much of an investment & best of all LA COLORS IS CRUELTY-FREE!! :) :) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by confusionlove

I picked this up in a 3-pack at Ross (or TJ Maxx... they're next door!) with the Calcium Builder and Base Coat-Top Coat. I really like the hardener and would definitely purchase again. Some people online seem to say that Sally Hard as Nails is still a better choice, but honestly I usually am doing multiple coats of color on top of things like my hardener, and the dry time on this is a boon in that aspect.
The brush always seems easy to work with. I like it on top of the calcium builder because I have very weak nails, but the hardener alone is what I tried the first few times and it is a noticeable improvement when added to a routine of base coat, 1-3 coats of color with wrapped tips, and various top coats. I would definitely buy this again, especially at the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kittykatkey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I bought it at the Dollar Store in August, and I still use it regularly. If I'm not wearing nail polish, I just use it as a hardener to make my nails not so brittle, and weak.

The way I see it, it's good for a base coat, and as a strengthener; so it does it's job pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by deedrr

Amazing basecoat. I used to use SH Nail Quencher but have been on the search for another since it was discontinued. This stuff makes polish wear like iron and is only a dollar. Who could ask for more?