December 21, 2014 | 889 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Urban Decay - Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer SPF20

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up from haute look, I was pretty excited that they had a tinted moisturizer and I am usually very happy with their products. USUALLY being the key word. This was not as bad for me as others below, but right now I am tan and I use a lot of bronzers etc so the oxidation doesn't really bother me, my skin is warm with yellow/orange undertones so it's not terrible. However my face is like an oil slick shortly after I put this on. I like the initial texture but man I need napkins to blot the oily mess on my face. It's a shame because in winter when I will need more oil, the color will be all wrong. Glad I only dropped five bucks on this dud!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Vallim

Got this on bodyguard thinking that it would match my light-medium skin tone. The product oxidizes way too much. It is the right skin tone until it oxidizes. It makes me look like an oompa loompa. I am very disappointed considering that I can get better products (like a bb cream) for the same price even though I got it on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by aquarum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product SUCKS! Ok, I just had to get it out. Now I can explain why according to my usual specs ;)

I bought this tinted moisturizer on Hautelook during one of their UD sales so I didn't spend a lot but that doesn't excuse how low the quality is. I am SHOCKED they can get away with this.

COLOR: I have the lightest shade (Halo) which, when first pumped out, isn't even that light. But the worst part is that about 10 seconds after it is exposed to air, it oxidizes to the most unflattering shade of orange.

TEXTURE: This is the worst part about this product. It is 1) sticky 2) streaky 3) unblendable to the point of balling up when you try to blend it in and 4) never sinks into the skin so therefore does not moisturize as it claims. It doesn't even work as a base for foundation.

STAYING POWER: It is hardly worth talking about staying power when every time I suffer amnesia as to how bad this product is and try to apply it, I end up having to wipe it off and start over with a different product.

TRUTH to ADVERTISEMENT: If you've gotten this far in my review and haven't yet been convinced NOT to buy this product, I must be doing something wrong. This product is supposedly both "tinted" and a "moisturizer. Yes, it is tinted, the perfect shade...if you're an oompa-loompa. And if you find sticky, icky, from the hardware store sealant to be moisturizing why then, you bet, it's super moisturizing!

PACKAGING: The label is kinda cute. DON'T BUY THIS!

BANG for BUCK: *hand to forehead, shaking head in frustration*...DON'T BUY THIS!!

Hope that was helpful!! ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Cara4444

i dont like this tinted moisturizer at all. sure, your skin feels soft and moisturized when its on, but once its off it leaves nothing but breakouts, not moisturized skin. its SO greasy, and i had to apply powder every two hours to fix the oilyness and i do NOT have oily skin. i have normal skin, so this was very unusual. its SO sheer, there is NO coverage what so ever. the only thing i use this for and the only reason i didnt give this a 2 is because during the summer when im tanner, i mix this with my lighter winter color (make up forever hd foundation in 117) to make it darker and a little less thick. one pump give WAY too much product, and the pump is hard to control, and it gets all gunked up and you have to get one pump out before applying because theres a dried up part that crusts up in the actual tube part of the pump. i would not recommend this to my worst enemy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I used this product in its older pump-dispenser tube packaging in the shade Bodyguard during both winter and summer seasons. Bodyguard is their second-lightest shade after Halo, but is best for medium skin tones as it was a tad too dark for my light-medium skin tone. Luckily, the coverage, as with most tinted moisturizers, is sheer, so I got away with a tanner look in the summer.

However, I find that tinted moisturizers don’t seem to quite work out for me possibly because I have combo-oily skin, so my face is naturally already moisturizing itself. Other tinted moisturizers I have tried though are Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 and Josie Maran Argan Tinted Moisturizer SPF30, as well as Maybelline Dream Fresh BB (more of a tinted moisturizer than a BB in my opinion), but all of these formulas yielded less of an oil-slick finish on my face than Urban Defense did. Urban Defense made my face look like I was sweating without going to a gym, at least until I set it with matte powder; it wasn't so bad after that. The pump dispenser packaging also dispenses more than you need for one application; half a pump is best. Honestly this was better to use during the winter, when the weather dried up some of the oiliness.

Also, this tinted moisturizer claims to have SPF20 sunscreen protection, but from the looks of the ingredients, there is no presence of titanium dioxide as a sunscreen ingredient among the others listed... so I have my doubts about this being an effective sunscreen.