Yes To Carrots Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer

2.5

Zinc Oxide - 6.0 %, Titanium Dioxide - 4.9% Water , Glycerin , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Ethyl Palmate * , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract* , Maris Limus Extract (Sea Silt) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cucumis Sativus Seed Extract (Cucumber)* , Tocopherol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Aluminum Hydroxide , Cetearyl Glucoside , Hydroxystearic Acid , Sucrose Stearate , Glyceryl Isostearate , Glyceryl Caprylate , Hydrated Silica , Polyhydroxystearic Acid , Phenethyl Alcohol , Xanthan Gum , Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba Gum (Guar) , Alcohol , Fragrance. *Certified Organic Ingredients

on 6/15/2015 8:43:00 PM

I got this product a few months ago as a special on living social for new members which included your choice of yes to carrots (moisturizer, eye serum, night cream, and facial wash) for $10 which was a great deal since each product in the yes to line was about $7 a piece. I have great skin and always use a regular soap bar and water to wash my face and I needed a full daily facial regimen and thought this would be great since someone I knew left a great review about the product so I thought why not just try the product at such a good deal!!

The great thing I love is that it has a pump instead of digging my fingers into the container (hygiene purposes).

The smell was suppose to be a cucumber smell which did not smell like cucumber at all and throughout the day I could still smell it. It wasn't a pleasant clean smell so to speak. It's not quick absorbent but it was a lot faster than the night cream. It also left a dewy look on my face which made it worse when I would apply foundation. For the price, it was worth the chance to try the product, but if I didn't have the deal to begin with, I wouldn't have bought the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm reviewing the version WITHOUT SPF.

Just for reference, I have dry and sensitive skin, with mild rosacea. I look for skincare that is effective, while being as gentle as possible. I've used the Yes to Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser for a long time, and really like it, so I thought I'd give this a try. I can't speak to the long-term effects of this product because I only tried it twice. I knew right away that I disliked it, and felt it a waste of time (and an unsatisfactory experience) to continue to use it. I have a tendency to be verbose while writing reviews, so it's easier for me to just break down my assessment of this product into a pros and cons list:

Pros:

-contains all natural, and mostly organic ingredients
-easy to find at my local drugstores and grocery stores
-my skin did not react badly to this (it does have a laundry list of ingredients, so be mindful of that. Any product has the potential to cause your skin to react, despite being labeled "natural/organic")

Yep, that's about it for the pros.

Cons:

-not cheap. I paid $17 and change for 1.7 fl oz. To me, that is a little steep, particularly for a drugstore product.
-the packaging kind of sucks. It's almost as if they didn't fill the bottle entirely, because it took me about 15 pumps to dispense any product, and it didn't dispense evenly. Sometimes I'd get barely anything, other times I'd get way more than I wanted.
-other reviewers have mentioned that this has an unpleasant, leathery smell, and they're right! I can't stand the smell of this, and it lingers (the cleanser has the same smell, but that only stays on your face for a short period of time).
-doesn't apply smoothy (probably due to a lack of silicones).
-DOES NOT MOISTURIZE. My skin is rather dry, and within an hour of applying this product, my skin is dry and flakey again.
-produces a slight burning sensation on my skin
-I know that this product wasn't designed to be worn under makeup, but I tried applying my foundation over this, and I just ended up looking white and cakey.

In summation, if you have very oily skin and don't need your moisturizer to, uh, moisturize, then maybe you could get away with this, but it really did not work for me at all.

on 10/27/2014 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

The description on the box sounds great - mineral sunscreens and supposedly good for sensitive skin. But this face lotion is really difficult to use. It's not at all a moisturizer in my opinion. It might as well be a body sunscreen. It's super white, thick, chalky and difficult to spread.

on 8/16/2014 1:49:00 PM

This is definitely NOT calming or good for sensitive skin. This makes my skin really red and irritated and I don't think it provides any moisture. You're can find better sensitive skin products for less money from Neutrogena and the like.

on 4/24/2014 2:50:00 PM

Just tried this on my face and within minutes my face went red and blotchy. Even an hour later it is burning! Really shocked to see something hypoallergenic and organic could cause such an allergic reaction. I've never experienced something like this from a face cream. Big no from me, especially after spending that much..

on 3/19/2014 4:13:00 PM

The lotion was not really moisturizing, and left a white film that never left. Returned.

on 2/5/2014 3:23:00 AM

I'm not insanely impressed by this product, but I'm not disappointed either. I have sensitive combination skin with large pores in my t-zone and cheek area. I'm glad I chose this lighter day lotion over the thicker night cream (at least that's what I've heard) because this is already thicker than my previous moisturizer. I use this at night after my shower when I'm not planning on putting any makeup on. I like that it's mostly natural and has no silicones, which was my reason for switching moisturizers to begin with (my previous one, Simple light hydrating was great, but had dimethicone and I wanted to try something without it.) I would not wear this under makeup unless I put it on literally hours before applying makeup, it's way too heavy for that. While it's not insanely heavy, I do feel slightly greasy for a while after application. It does completely absorb eventually, so that's not a problem. I'm not big on the smell, but that fades after a while as well--it's not awful, but not exactly gorgeous either. I've heard the smell can vary from bottle to bottle because of the natural ingredients, so it's not worth getting too into that.
I really like the pump bottle, but one full pump of this is wayyyy too much, so unless your face is the size of a small country, pump lightly. It feels slightly oily when first applied, but does absorb. My skin does feel softer and while I do still get the occasional blemish (it's just my natural skin type), there seem to be less than normal. If I'm feeling too oily before bed, I just dab with an oil-absorbing sheet and that's the last time I have to worry about it--it's the oil in the lotion, not my actual skin producing too much oil. I have noticed a few extra clogged pores since I stared using this, but I have large pores that are easily clogged anyway, so it wasn't unexpected. It hasn't improved my skin by leaps and bounds, but it hasn't caused any breakouts or problems either and I feel good about the ingredients. It's good to know it works nicely, but it won't stop me from checking out other products either. It's also pricier than I'd like, but not terrible.
I do tend to wear lower-cut/v-neck shirts, so I tone and moisturize my neck/collarbone/chest area like I do my face and it makes my skin there so unbelievably soft and silky!
If I don't find a moisturizer that I like better by the time this runs out (which will be a while-the box looks small, but there's a lot of product!), I'll probably re-purchase.

UPDATE: I used this for a few weeks and my skin seemed to take nicely to it, but that didn't last long. My skin became very iffy during my use of the product. One week it was okay, the next, I was breaking out all over and it gave me some of the biggest blackheads and clogged pores ever. I switched back to my old moisturizer and my face is getting so much better. I wish this stuff was non-comedogenic or at least didn't have so much/many oils in it, especially since it's marketed for sensitive skin, which often goes hand in hand with acne. It's a shame, i really did like the ingredients and softness I felt. I use it now to moisturize my super sensitive underarms after shaving and it works nicely at keeping them from breaking out and becoming irritated. At least my money isn't completely down the drain!

on 1/19/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is the first time my skin has reacted badly to something labelled as 'soothing' and for 'sensitive skin'!

I used the Yes to Cucumbers Milk Cleanser, rinsed and patted dry, then followed with the Yes to Cucumbers Soothing, Sensitive Skin Daily Calming Moisturizer (the one which contains no sunscreen) and my skin immediately started burning and turned bright red.

The burning and extreme redness wouldn't subside so I had to wash it off. It does the exact opposite of what it claims so there should be no problems getting a refund.

Ironically, this product range was recommended on a webpage about skin products for sensitive skin and Rosacea. I've actually booked a dermatologist appointment as self-diagnosis and guesswork is tiresome and costly. The dermatologist fee is a drop in the ocean in comparison to the amount of money spent on facial care products over the years.

FYI, my skin is sensitive, probably mild Rosacea seeing as it runs in both sides of the family/used to be oily but now 'normal' except for oily nose and chin/acne on outer cheeks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I swear by this product. It has saved my very sensitive skin!
It is moisturizing without being too much or too little!

I use it morning and night.

on 11/21/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I currently have pretty mixed feelings about this product, but it's leaning toward better side.

I can't really say anything about the price, because my friend bought this, tried it, hated it, and gave it to me.

I will say -- the scent is extremely strong and in my opinion, pretty unpleasant. There's a whisper of cucumbers hiding in there somewhere, but it smells more like leather, which isn't awful, but it's certainly kind of harsh. It's also kind of strange that when you put it on initially, it just kind of...sits there. To a degree where I legitimately look white right after application. It takes some 10 - 15 minutes to soak in properly.

One thing I like about it is that I have really oily skin, and so sometimes, slathering on oily moisturizers just makes it feel worse, but this is slightly thicker and a bit "dryer" while still making my skin feel nice, and it definitely gets a thumbs-up for that, if nothing else. I find that it's also great in getting rid of redness...though it doesn't mention anything about toning, I've found that prolonged usage kind of gets rid of a lot of redness.

Though I would probably buy this again, I don't know if I'd recommend it because it's kind of thick.

Popular Moisturizers