July 22, 2014 | 2379 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Chic Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by breyerchic04

This is Black Honey's cool toned sister. The shade is more of a smoky berry instead of a blackened red plum. It goes on smooth though I don't like the texture as well as black honey, it is sheer but does give you color. I don't think I'll repurchase because I'll stick to black honey for my sheer almost lipstick looks and I'll try to find another dark purply shade, I've heard armani has one I should look at.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, this is what Black Honey should have been--a lovely berry shade with a hint of pink, not a brownish/orange-ish muddy mess. I love sheer lipsticks, and this one is perfect on me. The staying power isn't great, as you would expect, but the shade alone is worth reapplying. I also love the slimline tube, the emollient feel (without bleeding), and the ease of controlling the intensity of the color by the number of layers applied. This is a lipstick I can imagine being appropriate all year, for every occasion. It also works great over lip pencil to switch things up a bit and to soften the look. I think Luscious Honey is next on my list. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by justcath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked black honey, but it orangey undertone never really fit that well with my skin tone. Chic honey is the almost lipstick I have been waiting for! I adore this berry shade and I have already gone back and bought a second tube (one for home, one for the purse) so I am NEVER without. HG shade by far!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by fallenrainxx

I bought this from Sephora because I couldn't find the "Black Honey" shade; Chic Honey was the closes thing. They definitely advertised right: it is an ALMOST lipstick. I feel like it's a cross between a lipstain and a lipstick. The colour looked intimidating in the bottle (very rich purple-brown-maroon hues) but on the lips, it looks gorgeous and very natural. It is not shimmery nor is it glossy or matte. It has the same finish as natural lips. The colour is buildable: you can put on one layer and have a subdued effect, or you can put on 2 or 3 layers for heavy pigmentation. The formula is not drying and you don't have to reapply several times. I like the packaging: very simple and the case is light and thin so you can throw it in any purse. I can wear this for an everyday look for sure. This colour is especially beautiful for autumn and winter. I don't usually ever wear lipsticks, but I would definitely repurchase this product. It doesn't come off when I drink water. It actually feels like I'm not wearing anything on my lips: indeed, it is a bit like a lip stain-lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favy behind black honey, staying power is poor, but this coour is slightly lighter than black honey the classic colour, it has a very sheer berry show, but I must wear this tinted lip balm over a matching lipstick. Almost lipstick, but it's tecbnhincally not, or technically not a lipgloss either, it's in bewteen thats why I call it a tinted lip balm. I carry tghis one in my purse and wear it on any occasion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer before me verbatim re: Chic Honey (softer berry tone) & Black Honey (original classic). I bought both of them today. Moist, dewy finish. Sheer color that allows lips to show through. Very juicy & bite-worthy. Doesn't dry out lips. Slimline metal tube. I like everything about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

"Chic Honey" is a more berry version of the famous "Black Honey". "Chic Honey" is the perfect shade for ladies with cool skintone. I love both "Black Honey" and "Chic Honey". I prefer the second mentioned in the spring and summer time because of its more berry/pink-ish shade. It's the lipstick I reach for most often, I would definitely repurchase over and over again. Love it!

continued >>