September 30, 2014 | 1349 users online

Styling Products - 100 Percent Pure - Smooth & moisture hair balm

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love using coconut oil to moisturize my hair. This product has coconut oil in it, so when I squirted a bit of the product out and saw little white grain-like pieces floating in the clear balm, it didn't surprise me. Rubbed my hands together and it turned nice and oily again. It's not a thick balm at all, but very runny. I got mine before the weather started heating up and after weeks of using it, I don't see the bits of coconut oil anymore because of the higher temperature.

The smell really surprised me. After washing and conditioning with their saccharine sweet honey shampoo and conditioner I wasn't expecting this to smell herbally. It smells like something I would've bought from Aveda. The last ingredient is lavender essential oil, but it really overwhelms the smell of all the other ingredients above it: avocado butter, shea butter, cocoa butter, vit E, panthenol, rosehip oil, lavender essential oil.

You barely need a pea sized amount. For everyday use I'd stick with coconut oil, but this is definitely a nice change in my usual routine.