April 21, 2014 | 1199 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a good concealer for a long time, tried Hourglass, Tarte, Marc Jacobs. They were good, but never good enough, too many creases, too drying. My sister swears by the other Lancome concealer, which I never liked. After reading the reviews, I thought I would give this one a try. I was not disappointed. I love it. I do not have terrible dark circles. But I travel on business quite frequently and take early flights. This helps when I do not have enough sleep. I still look wide awake. It is also very moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

This basically does nothing for me and it doesn't last that long on my skin. I don't have really dark undereyes, but it isn't that brightening either. Meh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by mayag719

This stuff really doesn't cake much (my eye are is SUPER oily), blends smoothly, and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This waterproof concealer is my last step in concealing dark circles. It is also excellent to conceal redness around nose. The packaging is perfect! The tube allows for only a small amount of product to be dispensed. Plus, the tube protects the integrity of the product. I like tubes because When it comes to facial products, I do not want to stick my fingers onto unused product or use the same wand over and over, in and out - that just is not sanitary. This cream leaves a soft finish, is not drying and thus does not emphasize lines. To cover my darkness, I first apply Clinique Even Better Eyes all over eyes before makeup application. The flesh-tone Clinique Even Better Eyes cream is hydrating and does not interfere with makeup. I then apply Bobbie Brown Corrector only over darkness using the Bobbie Brown concealer brush. Last step is Effacernes, tap on a tiny amount. I also apply Effacernes to cover any redness in nasal corners. This is the best it gets for me. Nothing will cure hereditary dark circles, so it was a process to find the right group of products that will conceal them as best possible. Effacernes is instrumental as the final step.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by osomao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let's be real here-- there is no single concealer that does not crease. However, Lancome Effacernes comes very close. I am extremely picky, and this is definitely the best concealer I've used so far for my heavy undereye circles. What I love most about this product is the consistency - light yet creamy, super blendable and provides great coverage. It also lasts forever which helps justify the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by allary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What is wrong with me sometimes? I haven't worn concealer under my eyes for years, as I was using a mousse like foundation and found that buffing it all over my face with a quality brush was easy and covered well enough (but also tended to wear away by the end of the day). But after switching to a quicker drying/dryer foundation I found this method did not work as well, and I wanted a softer less drying coverage for under my eyes. Well after spending all week searching I finally remembered the one I used to use - Lancôme Effacernes waterproof AND still had some in my old makeup bag. I've been searching and searching this last week in stores and reviews for my HG undereye concealer, and it's been under my nose the whole time! It's a few years old now, but still looks great! It gives decent coverage (my undereye circles aren't that dark), doesn't cake, stays moist, doesn't accentuate lines, and can be used for redness on the face on other areas. After trying samples of estee lauder illuminator and double wear concealer with high hopes and failing, (illuminator was too sparkly and accentuated fine lines, and double wear cakes horrendously), I couldn't believe how excellent Lancôme effacernes is. I tried a sample of it at the store today, and color and consistency are still the same, so I will definitely be purchasing this again once my old one runs out.
Tip - tap concealer on gently and evenly. Let it sit and dry a few moments, then tap to even out anything that has started to settle in lines. I also like to dab a bit of moisturizer or eye cream on the outer corners of eyes after.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Smooth, liquid consistency
- Non-drying when used over moisturizer
- Virtually invisible on skin (only a small amount is needed)
- Lasts 12+ hours with no primer or powder
- Good coverage for light to medium dark circles
- Brightens eye area without accentuating bags
- Also works on spots, around the nose, etc.
- Tube lasts 8-12+ months with daily use

CONS:
- Camouflages but does not completely cover severe dark circles
- Creases slightly within 1-2 hours of application (but eventually sets)
- Looks cakey if powdered or over-applied

BOTTOM LINE:
As close to HG as I've found so far. Will repurchase unless I come across an equally non-drying and natural-looking alternative with fuller coverage and zero creasing, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

(This review is cross-posted from the plain/non-waterproof Effacernes listing, which appears to be the same product.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super dark undereye circles, am starting to get fine lines around my eyes, and my undereye area tends to be dry.

Out of the many concealers I've tried, this one has been the best so far, finally topping my old favorite (discontinued Dior moisturizing) and the one I had been loving prior to this (Laura Mercier secret undereye which had great coverage but didn't last through hot/humid weather).

Very blendable, great coverage. It feels like it adheres to my skin, I can rub my undereye area and it doesn't come off, and lasts all day without settling into fine lines. When I touch my skin with the concealer on it, it just feels like my normal skin. I haven't tried swimming with this yet (I would love to find a truly waterproof concealer for the beach). It comes off easily with my dual phase make up remover. I haven't tried a non-dual phase to remove it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ttirb120

This is one of my favorite concealers. It is ALMOST good enough for my undereye circles, but not quite. it is however perfect for every other spot on my face. it's incredibly lightweight, has very good coverage, and you can't even tell it's on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Ereee

Best concealer EVER. Disappears into skin. Lasts all day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No