Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Cocamide DEA,Cocamidopropyl Betaine,Sodium Chloride, Glycolic Acid, Matricaria Extract,Yarrow Extract, St Johns Wort Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract 5/20/09

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is the the main ingredient in this cleanser. I should have paid more attention to the ingredients before I purchased it. I used this cleanser on and off for quite a while with the hopes that it would help with my cystic acne. At first I liked it, it made my skin feel clean and smooth. However, after continued use my skin has become chronically dehydrated, tight, flaky, and overly-sensitive. After doing some research, I realized that I had destroyed my moisture barrier by regularly exposing it to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I have no doubt that this is the culprit because I normally stick to a very gentle and natural skin care routine.

This is a wonderful cleanser that exfoliates minus the nasty scrubby bits. I used this when I was suffering from an extremely bad bout of acne about 8 years ago. As the zits were healing, my skin started getting rather dry and flaky and this helped get rid of the flaking skin without irritating my still rather raw skin.

I only use this twice a week, as I did not want to aggravate my sensitive skin and it worked a treat.

The only gripe I ever have with most Mario Badescu products is their packaging. Wish they came in more sturdy packaging.

Blech. Never have I had such a severe reaction to a product.

I used this cleanser for about three days, morning and night. The first day was alright, I did notice a couple of tiny new spots but I used more cleanser to combat them. Anyway, long story short, this stuff broke me out in dozens of tiny rash-like bumps all over my forehead and lower cheeks. They're clearing up with some agressive AF treatment, I've been getting all Braveheart on these guys, but they are the *very* resistant kind.

It was my bad though, I know my skin is sensitive to sulfates, and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is the very first ingredient listed on the bottle. I've just avoided them for so long that I guess this dosage made my skin go haywire. NOTE: it's not the first ingredient listed on MUA, or on Ulta's site, but it DEFINITELY is the first listed on the bottle. I know Mario Badescu has been kinda shady re: being clear about their ingredients, so the more you know, right?

Other than that little issue, I'd say this cleanser is very harsh. My skin can take a lot, especially in the form of chemical exfoliation, but this dried out my skin and burned my eyes like crazy. It did get all my makeup off though without my usual oil/balm pre-cleanse.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This made my skin feel really smooth right after I rinse it off, which is awesome. Pleasant on the skin since there are so exfoliating beads. The scent is nice and I love how it foams. However, maybe it's just my skin, but the next day I feel like my skin is more red with some bumps. I have super sensitive, red skin, so maybe the product is still too strong. But probably great for everyone else!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Bought a mini of this for my gym bag to replace my Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash, which I do not care for. Others find this Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser to be too harsh for daily use, but I have very oily skin and it isn't too harsh for daily use for me.

I love the packaging because I think it will fit perfectly in my Japonesque travel valet, it seems more spill-proof than the Body Shop bottles, which leak. Will repurchase.

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love love love. Ever since I started using this (maybe 3 weeks ago?), my skin, which usually hosts small pimples and bumps at any time, has really cleared up. I'm not even going to give this pros and cons because i can't think of any cons. Leaves your face feeling fresh, evens complexion, and is great for oily/acne-prone skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have repurchased this product countless times. Ive worked in cosmetics for years and I always think I'm going to try to use the cleansers I have floating around my stash and I always go running back to this one. I am extremely oily, still like a little anti aging, and have old scars. This cleanser I use daily, morning and night, and it does not dry out my skin. When I worked at ULTA, I had my entire staff using it as well. This cleanser with the glycolic toner is a god send. My skin looks happier, clearer, and cleaner when I use this cleanser in my routine.

I typically use this in the summer or intermittently through the rest of the year. It's a great cleanser but when I use it too much it starts to dry out my skin a little. I like having the travel sized around as an alternative to my balm cleanser. When I run out I'll repurchase in the same size.

I absolutely love this cleanser! I've been struggling with acne and hyperpigmentation for a couple of years but since using this my skin had gotten so much clearer! I use it every other night with the vitamin c serum and the glycolic renewal complex.

I've been using this product for just about a month now and I love the results. My skin felt noticeably softer within a day or two of use, and now I can definitely see a difference with clearer, brighter skin. My skin is normal to oily and I use this wash each morning, followed by Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herb, and Rosewater, then eye cream.