December 22, 2014 | 1257 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutresse #111 White Chocolate

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by drinktomeonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, folks, I am that idiot that decides to "just touch up" her hair before a big weekend away when I want to look my very best. I've been coloring my hair for years. My "real color" is the color of a wet rat. Lovely. Anyway, I need to have ashy/silvery tones, no yellows, orange or brass. Unfortunately, my hair pulls brassy but over the years, I've got my coloring system down perfectly.

Anyway, THIS time, I didn't consider that I had actually gone to a salon for color instead of just my cut. I was obsessed with Orange Is The New Black on Netflix and wanted hair color just like the character Piper. Light natural blond with darkish roots. The salon gave me that exact look, but when it was time to touch it up, I just went ahead and used my regular old color on those dark, dyed roots. OOPS!!

My roots hair turned the copper of my nightmares.

I tried to lighten it again....just damaged my hair. Did it AGAIN the SAME DAY and nothing happened. Nothing. I've got to leave for my weekend tomorrow! I can't go with Brass/Copper roots! Nope, nope nope. I decided to try one last time to fix my mistake.

I read reviews and picked up a box of white chocolate, mixed it up and threw it on my head. Yes, I know, I know, THREE Boxes in 48 hours is not wise! But I decided that I would rather have no hair at all than go on my big weekend away with the ronald mcdonald mess that was my disaster-head.

So, here we are. 30 minutes on my head. I could see almost immediately that it was toning the orange. Yay! At 30 minutes I suddenly had a horrible guilty feeling that maybe I really DID char my head and all my hair would fall out from all the torment, so I washed it out.

It looks great! It's a beautiful shimmery, multi-tonal blonde. There are some faint golden tones in the hair but they are balanced by the pale colors and NO COPPER, no cheap brassy mess. Thank goodness.

I have learned my lesson and will take better care of my hair from now on but right now I am thanking my hair angels that I was able to fix this before tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by camilka

I wanted to go from my natural medium brown to dark ash blonde.
When dyeing my hair before it has always turned red even when using ash colors. I must have very strong red undertones in my natural hair, but they never show up until dyed.

If you want to go MEDIUM BROWN ----> DARK BLONDE I thing this will work wonderfully if you have normal hair (not alien-like red undertones). It lightened my hair to a nice dark blonde level.

My hair is a dark blonde with slight brassiness until I step into the sun: COPPER!

I do see the ashy tones here and there. I will try it again in a few weeks with a 10 VOL developer and see if the red goes away. I might add ardell red gold and try Revlon color creme 1002.
I will update!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Victoriab16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dark blonde hair and I wanted to go very light and I was terrified to do it at home because of the horror stories I have heard. I wanted to go slow so I had purchased the revlon luxxurious colorsilk buttercream in medium neutral blonde and that didn't lighten it anywhere near as much as I had wanted so I waited a month and purchased the lightest shade, ultra light sun blonde of the revlon and that got my hair as light as a wanted but it was much too gold for my taste. After reading a bunch of reviews on different ways to tone out the gold I found this dye and decided to give it a try. I smelled great, I think the packet of grapeseed oil helped with that. It was fairly easy to apply, I did have some trouble fully saturating my hair. The end result was awesome! It took all of the gold out of my hair and left it this great shade of platinum blonde! I couldn't be happier! And there was no damage at all, my hair is super soft. I would definitely recommend using this dye especially if your hair tends to pull gold tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by jembon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is naturally dark blonde and I constantly keep it in some state of dyed/highlighted light blonde. It pulls orange VERY easily so I am constantly fighting that (Shimmer Lights purple conditioner is my savior). This hair color was surprisingly great: good price, fine packaging (nothing special but easy to use), and was probably the best single-process home hair color I've ever used in terms of not turning orange. I followed the directions exactly (10 minutes on mid to ends before applying to roots and waiting another 20 minutes) and only got the slightest brassiness at the roots. The rest of the hair was beautifully cool and beige-blonde. I used my Shimmer Lights conditioner on the roots to tone down that bit of brassiness, and it looks great! My hair felt soft and well-conditioned afterwards. Will absolutely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This time I took a chance and tried White Chocolate on my gray and brown hair. Just as I suspected, it worked well on the brown but left the gray a little ashier than I like. Still, it looks quite even, considering the virgin hair is two extremely different colors. Previously, I used #100 Chamomile which is neutral, not ash. I will apply my beige Proclere non-peroxide, non-ammonia toner when I next shampoo. Tip: If you plan to tone over any of the Garnier colors, skip adding the oil packet as it hinders the toner from penetrating the hair shaft. Garnier works just as well without the oil and still seems less damaging than its competitors, Clairol and Revlon. I will not repurchase this color but love #100 Chamomile.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No