Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume

3.3

on 4/26/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I don't even know where to begin. This wand was clearly designed by someone who has never had to use it. It's straight across with no curve to the silicone bristles, and it's soo skinny. As a consequence, if you try to use it like a regular mascara wand, you will poke yourself in the eye. This means I have to apply mascara to my lashes in 2 or 3 sections, which is OBNOXIOUS. For all this trouble, the wand doesn't even work any better than the fatter curved kind. The formula itself is a misnomer because it added ZERO volume to my lashes. It did help lengthen them a bit, but that's not what the product claims to be. You're better off buying any drugstore mascara-- most of them are better than this product.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this as a gift, and it is just the worst mascara ever. Another reviewer said it's like applying mascara with a stick- that is true. It goes on in GLOBS and it doesn't even comb through and distribute nicely. I can only make this work by combing it through with a different mascara head, or wiping an excessive amount of product off the brush before applying. You have to wipe off EACH side individually, going ALL THE WAY around the brush, to get off the extra product. You know that little plastic ring inside most mascara tubes that closely surrounds the stem, so that when you pull the wand out the excess mascara doesn't come with it? You know how sometimes if the tube is faulty or gets screwed up and that ring comes out with the lid, you get a gloppy mess of product on the wand? It's like that. It's like this mascara doesn't even have a ring to blot off the extra product.

It's just way too difficult to work with. Just awful. I would never buy this for myself. I hated the original High Impact, and this is certainly no improvement.

on 3/4/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My favourite Clinique mascara High Definition mascara was discontinued, which made me sad, so I decided to see what the next best thing was. Two things I don't compromise on are foundations and mascaras. I've used the Maybelline, I've used Rimmel, but I feel a good quality mascara that won't clump your eyelashes is well worth the investment, so I will stay with Clinique. This mascara has a thick brush with tiny even bristles which acts more like a brush than most. The formula allows the brush to glide well over your lashes and the tightly packed bristles can catch any stray ones that don't want to be tamed. Same mascarary smell, like most. Attractive mirrored casing, very chic. Great for dramatic makeup looks.

on 2/9/2015 3:26:00 PM

$19.50 USD. One of the worst mascaras ever. I'm still searching for the HG mascara and this was definitely the worst of the high- and low-end mascaras combined during my search. The brush - I think they tried to copy the CG Lash Blast line - is so blunt and thick that it doesn't separate or add volume - it's literally like putting on mascara with a thick stick. You might as well smear the product on with a qtip and still get better results. On top of that, the formula is runny, smears, and weighs down your lashes. WORST ever!

on 2/8/2015 9:23:00 PM

BEST MASCARA! my lashes are all length and no volume - so this is exactly what i needed! it does clump easily so make sure you have an eyelash comb with you :) i do wish the packaging was a bit cuter but it's whatever :)

on 1/3/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I guess the mantra in the cosmetic world is that if your star product is selling well, then introduce a bigger and better version for more sales.
Clinique's High Impact Extreme Volume mascara is supposed to create even bigger and better lashes than the original High Impact mascara but sadly, it fails to do so, at least for my lashes.
The wand is huge and the bristles are too short to give decent definition to lashes, not to mention the tendency to clump.
The formula is definitely creamy (as it is with most thickening mascaras) which means greater chance of smudging or smearing. If you're not careful, you could end up with mascara on your lids or elsewhere.
Surprisingly, this mascara manages to keep the curl in place while giving decent length and volume (as long as I apply it carefully but I'd rather not spend the time with mascara), it wears off during the day.
Sadly, there are too many cons with this mascara which don't justify the higher price tag.
Sometimes it's best to leave the original as is and not reinvent the wheel.

on 8/17/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not as good as cheaper mascaras on the market. And it smudges unfortunately. Won't buy again. Will stick with false lash effect by Max Factor. Why do I deviate??!!

on 8/1/2014 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Sales assistant at Sephora tried this on me and I absolutely loved it. You don't need much to make lashes look fuller and longer it lasts quite well. The downside would be if you apply just a little too much your lashes get clumpy.
Not sure if I'd buy it again, might try Benefits they're real before going back to this one.

on 7/31/2014 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I generally like Clinique products but I hate this mascara. I bought it a few days ago and having thought about the $20 I paid for it, I am going to go back to the Clinique counter and return it. It is a clumpy mess. I wish I had read the MakeupAlley reviews before I bought it.

on 5/18/2014 7:32:00 AM

So far I liked all the mascaras by Clinique, but this has been a big disappointment for me. I donīt have short or sparse lashes to begin with, so it shouldnīt be that big of a deal to make them look a bit lush. But with this mascara, the only thing that happens to me is that it colors them black, but somehow it doesnīt seem to grasp the whole lenght of the lashes and it seems to dispose a blob of color just from the roots to the middle - in the end, my lashes look kind of short and clumpy - this phenomenon I never had with any other mascara! The brush doesnīt separate, it just globs more color on and leaves lots of residue on the neck of the tube. I canīt even bother to use it up.

Popular Mascaras