Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume

3.3

on 2/9/2015 3:26:00 PM

$19.50 USD. One of the worst mascaras ever. I'm still searching for the HG mascara and this was definitely the worst of the high- and low-end mascaras combined during my search. The brush - I think they tried to copy the CG Lash Blast line - is so blunt and thick that it doesn't separate or add volume - it's literally like putting on mascara with a thick stick. You might as well smear the product on with a qtip and still get better results. On top of that, the formula is runny, smears, and weighs down your lashes. WORST ever!

on 2/8/2015 9:23:00 PM

BEST MASCARA! my lashes are all length and no volume - so this is exactly what i needed! it does clump easily so make sure you have an eyelash comb with you :) i do wish the packaging was a bit cuter but it's whatever :)

on 1/3/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I guess the mantra in the cosmetic world is that if your star product is selling well, then introduce a bigger and better version for more sales.
Clinique's High Impact Extreme Volume mascara is supposed to create even bigger and better lashes than the original High Impact mascara but sadly, it fails to do so, at least for my lashes.
The wand is huge and the bristles are too short to give decent definition to lashes, not to mention the tendency to clump.
The formula is definitely creamy (as it is with most thickening mascaras) which means greater chance of smudging or smearing. If you're not careful, you could end up with mascara on your lids or elsewhere.
Surprisingly, this mascara manages to keep the curl in place while giving decent length and volume (as long as I apply it carefully but I'd rather not spend the time with mascara), it wears off during the day.
Sadly, there are too many cons with this mascara which don't justify the higher price tag.
Sometimes it's best to leave the original as is and not reinvent the wheel.

on 8/17/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not as good as cheaper mascaras on the market. And it smudges unfortunately. Won't buy again. Will stick with false lash effect by Max Factor. Why do I deviate??!!

on 8/1/2014 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Sales assistant at Sephora tried this on me and I absolutely loved it. You don't need much to make lashes look fuller and longer it lasts quite well. The downside would be if you apply just a little too much your lashes get clumpy.
Not sure if I'd buy it again, might try Benefits they're real before going back to this one.

on 7/31/2014 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I generally like Clinique products but I hate this mascara. I bought it a few days ago and having thought about the $20 I paid for it, I am going to go back to the Clinique counter and return it. It is a clumpy mess. I wish I had read the MakeupAlley reviews before I bought it.

on 5/18/2014 7:32:00 AM

So far I liked all the mascaras by Clinique, but this has been a big disappointment for me. I donīt have short or sparse lashes to begin with, so it shouldnīt be that big of a deal to make them look a bit lush. But with this mascara, the only thing that happens to me is that it colors them black, but somehow it doesnīt seem to grasp the whole lenght of the lashes and it seems to dispose a blob of color just from the roots to the middle - in the end, my lashes look kind of short and clumpy - this phenomenon I never had with any other mascara! The brush doesnīt separate, it just globs more color on and leaves lots of residue on the neck of the tube. I canīt even bother to use it up.

on 1/13/2014 11:53:00 PM

It clumps your lashes , gives you some length and is expensive... I got it at Bloomingdales and regret it. The benefit one is kind of like a dupe of that one I feel like . Stick to benefit they're real!

on 1/3/2014 11:28:00 PM

I have long lashes and love to thicken them with volumizing mascaras. I used to use L'Oreal Volumizer, but I was finding the formula had changed over the last couple tubes (very clumpy). I don't seem to have the same clumping problem with this mascara; I am thinking it is because of the short bristles on the brush. My lashes seperate and thicken with this mascara. Makes me look like I am wearing false lashes. Will repurchase in the future.

on 12/10/2013 7:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been on the fence about this mascara. It's definitely the best one by Cinique, but that's not saying much. I do get a decent amount of volume from this formula, but it tends to clump easily after a few months when it starts drying out (as do many mascaras). Also, for some reason, I always have problems with the brush - I get this mascara alll over my lids :X Why do I not have this issue with other mascaras? Not sure. But it does make me think twice before reaching for this one.

All in all, I think some people will be very happy with this. For me, it was an alright purchase, but not a repurchase.