Revlon Colorstay - Coastal Surf

3.8

on 7/18/2013 1:34:00 PM

I loved the color of this polish, perfect for summer. However that was all there was to love for me, because it chipped after 2 days. I used Orly Bonder and Won't Chip, and the Revlon website said to use their brand base and topcoat, so maybe that was the problem?

on 11/24/2012 4:20:00 PM

Beautiful color.

on 9/20/2012 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a bright sky blue with a very nice shine, no top coat needed. As previously said i find it a bit boring myself, so i tend to top it off with some kind of glitter. I like the formula and it truly is, a one-coat polish. I love it. When i bought it there weren't many colors left(it was on sale) so didn't see all the colors available....next time i will definitely stock up, this color isn't my favorite. I think these are far superior than the old school revlon which are a nightmare to work with(i've tried various). I also like the brush, i found it very easy to work with and minimal clean up required.

on 8/28/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This polish is great quality, affordable, and slim packaging. I like how smooth it goes on with pigmentation and dries rather quickly. Plus, it takes many days for it to fade or chip. This color is a bright pastel baby blue that reminds me of the ocean. Great for day or night looks.

on 8/13/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this nailpolish. It dries much, much faster than the typical nailpolish. The consistency is great, too. Not too thin or thick. I find it easy to apply. On the label it says it lasts for eleven days when used with a base and top coat. So for the first time I used it, I tried it without either to see what it would do. Without a base or a top coat, this polish lasted six days, which to me is very impressive. Then I took it off and painted with the extra coatings and I'm going on nine days (I used a Sally Hansen Double Duty base/topcoat). I only had to touch up my thumbs because I work at a drugstore and on shipment days some of the products come in lots of little cardboard boxes and opening them chips my polish. However, the touch up was minimal; it's not like half of my nail chipped off. The color also holds up very well. It hasn't gotten dull. It's still shiny like I just painted them. I'm definitely picking up more colors next time it goes on sale. Lasts long, dries fast, color stays bright, great sale price. Everything I could want in a nailpolish!

on 7/27/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

PIcked this up at CVS yesterday for 99 cents after my CVS coupons/Extra Bucks. I have to say that so far I'm very impressed. This is a pretty sky blue creme which is hardly original, but it's pretty, and is a dupe of Zoya's Yummy colorwise. The formula was a little thick, but it's a one-coater (the label says to use two coats though). I LOVE one-coaters. It also dried quicker than average. If this actually lasts for 11 days, I'll bump it up to five lippies, but I'm not holding my breath.

By the way, this is a dupe of L'oreal's Ocean Breeze, colorwise. Revlon's formula is far superior. It takes three coats of OB to equal one coat of CS.

Popular Polishes