July 24, 2014 | 1942 users online

Cleansers - konjac puff sponge red clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does it deep cleanse your skin? No. Is it a fab product? Yes! I was a little skeptical with this sponge until I got and tried one. I'm not sure if there are significant differences between the sponges but I'm loving the red clay one so far. The sponge has a funny, slightly slimy feel to it and will leave a slightly moisturising feel on your skin. It's great to use with a cleanser, for removing masks or just by itself. It's not scratchy at all so if you need a gentle exfoliator, try the sponge. It leaves my skin soft and lovely and I'll definitely buy another one when this one is done. It's not a miracle product that gets rid of every single flaw on your face but something really good for every day use and as a part of your cleansing routine. I'd definitely recommend this especially if you have problematic (dry, oily, acne etc) skin and need a little oomph in your cleansing routine that won't irritate. Just remember to keep the sponge clean and dry when not in use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fabulous little sponge. I use it as a morning cleanse, just to exfoliate any bits & pieces that may have arisen overnight and it does the trick really well. I have read that it can be used to remove makeup etc without an additional cleanser - errr I think that's an oversell. If you try, you'll be disappointed. But in the morning, it's genius. I keep a small bowl in the bathroom, fill it with water & drop the sponge in while I prepare my morning espresso. Within a few minutes it's full of water & ready to go. I squeeze the excess water out & rub my dry face in circular motions.... Soft, gently exfoliated happy skin awaits!

My main love for this comes from the fact that I travel a lot so this saves a lot of space for me.

For what it's worth, I used the green one (for combo/blemished skin) over the summer & the little bugger would not die a quick death - it lasted for far longer than the 3 months that is generally given as a lifespan. For a/w, I got the red clay... And this one is falling apart faster, I would say just around the 3 month mark. Not that this has stopped me from repurchasing because it's one of those things that seems silly, but once you start using it, you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a weird thing and how surprising that it works. I figured I'd give it a go and got the pink one for sensitive skin. There is also a red one for dry/mature skin which I bought for my 70 yr-old mother. We both love them! I swear I am not exaggerating that the very first time I was using it, as I was using it, my skin was looking better as I watched in the mirror. I imagine it has dead skin eating properties like those fish that do pedicures. It just makes your skin glow but it feels almost like jelly, it's not rough or textured at all. I don't use it to take off make-up, which it claims you can do. I use it after my normal cleansing routine in the evening and in the morning on its own. I have had better results from this than any other exfoliant I have tried from fruit acid masks and serums to scrubs and muslins. It's inexpensive and seems to last a very long time so I can't see how you can go wrong with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by christineneogoh

I bought this from Nature Republic as I was desperate for a quick solution to my cystic acne breakout. I bought myself a set of 3 which included charcoal bamboo, red clay and normal.

I have been using the charcoal bamboo one for about 1 week now and am pleased to say that it works. While the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Clay mask did flatten the acne, it did not eradicate the problem as I was still popping new acne here and there. After using this, those terrible red angry acne were a thing of the past.

I really attribute my current clear skin to this sponge. At the price of SGD4.50 each, I am sold! Will be buying more of these to stock up!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a weird little sponge (it's actually made of the konjac plant) that is saturated with french clay. I got the red clay for delicate dry skin, but it's available for other skin types at Beauty Habit. It's hard as a rock, and you have to get it wet and soft before use. It's supposed to cleanse, remove makeup, exfoliate, moisturize, balance ph, and is all natural. It can also be used on your body. Worth the $9 to try, and it's supposed to last quite awhile. It looks like a chocolate macaroon and fits nicely in your hand, with a string to hang it to dry. I was impressed. It removed my makeup and the days gunk, exfoliated my dry skin, and left my skin feeling moist and clean. I didn't use any other product such as cleanser or toner. I did let the clay sit for a minute or so then washed It's not scratchy...it's very soft. I expected red clay to run all over, but somehow it doesn't. The instructions say to rinse and let dry but don't wring or squeeze it out. I am impressed, as this just might replace cleanser, exfoliator, and on some days, moisturizer. After I moisturized, my skin felt like silk. Love!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No