July 28, 2014 | 2235 users online

Highlighters - Etude - Nymph Aura Volumer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Makes my skin look really nice and dewy when mixed with whatever I am wearing on my face (bb cream, foundation, etc). If you apply too much, it can make your skin feel very greasy and as if your makeup will never dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Smellofpeony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried to measure twice. For the first time, a tool I mixed with BB cream, but it I adding too much. Face become so glittering, as if stained with grease. I don't like it. The second time a drop of measures applied with fingertips on the skin, which already slapped with BB. I used the spot highlighter. The effect was interesting: Sensation gently glow. I think with practice you can get very nice and very easy to shiny healthy skin effect. Especially suitable for measures that have a strong disguises and makes the face very matte.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty packaging as usual since it's from Etude, but then again once I applied it after mixing it with my BB, it felt really greasy and it made my face shiny - not in a nice way - more like in a greasy way. Didn't look flattering in pictures at all. Was so disappointed. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by bphearts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I have heavy yellow undertones I got this in 02 which is very pink. I did not find this to be a problem though because once it was all spread out the color is pretty sheer. Firstly, the smell of this product is very girly and strong so if you are sensitive to fragrance I would advice you to approach with cation.

If you look closely you can see faint shimmer in the product however it is not detectable once spread over the face. It literally just feels like a thin moisturizer which is very good since it is supposed to make your skin look glowy and moist.

I was hoping that it would last all day but I noticed a bit of fading after a few hours though it is minimal. One thing that I was afraid of was that I would look sweaty instead of glowy however this was not an issue! Just a nice flattering glow.

To use all over my face I mixed it with my Smashbox BB Cream at a 1:1 ratio. I would advice others to use a 1:2 ratio since it does sheer out the coverage of whatever BB Cream/Foundation you are using. As a finishing touch I also like to add a bit at the top of my cheeks for a bit of shine. It is a very good highlighter and face brightener.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by MimiMonstermash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a nice product in the fact that it
Makes your skin look radiant and dewy but my problem was that it made me break out like crazy and I stopped using it for a while to make sure it was my hormones and not the product. When I used it again, I broke out crazily! I check the ingredients and it's just an arrangement of oils! It's also bad for hot summers (I live in Southern California). It's nice for cold winters because your face doesn't feel dry. There's also this chemical smell to it..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Ichax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin breakouts and rough so when using this product, do not look flat on my face.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by bonbon01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mixing it with BB and it really brightens up your complexion A LOT, instantly. I bought this product from the recommendation of a popular Taiwanese makeup magazine. This works like a charm when you use this during the day, because it does reflect sunlight very well, creating natural fair complexion with shine. BUT when you are in warm room lighting, the product doesn't work anymore, the skin is back to a darker dull tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This has a jelly-type consistency that comes in a pump bottle with 25g of product, that is supposed to give your skin that "moist" and radiant look when applied either before foundation/BB cream or mixed with your foundation/BB cream. It's somewhat clear, thick and can feel a bit greasy and tacky at first but that goes away once it's rubbed in. It looks and feels somewhat like a thinner Smith's Rosebud Salve, so if the thought of applying that type of product to your face is unappealing - you probably won't like this. It gives more of a "glow-y" finish and not your typical shimmery shiny look. I like that there is no glitter in this (although #2 does have slight shimmer, it's similar to Benefit's Highbeam although more subtle - the others are all clear once applied).

I have very yellow-toned skin and chose Pure Nymph Aura. Although it looks slightly peach, when rubbed in it leaves no trace of colour on my skin. There are several different options; Pure, Brilliant and Transparent, among others with various finishes. Pure has no shimmer nor glitter - it gives just a clear slightly wet/healthy sheen look to skin. I usually apply this before BB cream like I would a moisturiser, mix with BB cream, or mix it with more matte, dulling foundations. Now that my skin is getting drier, I want more radiant finishes to my make-up and this gives that perfect radiant glow to your skin that is very natural, I like it a bit more than MAC Strobe (Volumer looks more "natural" in my opinion, again Nymph Aura in Pure will *not* give you that highlighted shimmery look, just dewier skin) and it's not over-the-top nor oily looking. If you are break-out prone this may not work for you because it is made with oils and shea butter, although it hasn't broken me out but ymmv.

Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Phytosteryl Isostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Macadamia ternifolia Seed Oil, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Octyldodecanol, Ceresin, Dextrin Palmitate, Diisostearlyl Malate, Titanium Dioxide, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, 1,2- Hexanediol, Fragrance, Ultra Marines, CI 77491

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Heartfillia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was wondering why koreans have that dewy fresh looking skin. And did some research and found it! Price is reasonable. All you have todo is mix it with your fave bb cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by miranti

This is one of some unique cosmetic products i've ever known. Etude is inspired by the dewy skin /natural glowy look of the Korean actresses so they launch BB Cream and this stuff.
There are 3 variants, no. 1, 2, and 3. No.1 is kinda heavy and give an oily look on face for some people, i think that's why Etude launch no.3 which is the lighter version of no.1. I use no.3 for everyday/casual look. The no.2 has some shimmer in it and i use it for party or formal occasion because it gives me a lil' hint of glam. The only minus is the pump may burst too much sometimes so i really have to be careful when i pump it.
It's best when it's mixed with Etude's Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream, but it also blend well with another brand's foundation, like L'Oreal, as i've tried it.