Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

on 7/29/2015 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really wanted this to work. The color BB6 is perfect for my NC20-25 skin and just a tiny bit blended with my fingers over my sunscreen gives great coverage for my tiny spots and veins but does not look masky (the key is to use very thin layers and go over problem areas). It's yellow enough to cover any redness but doesnt look like egg yolk once it settles and blends in. Lovely natural finish/not greasy. Coverage lasts all day, even in humid weather.

BUT... the ingredients are pure D I S A S T E R for me: Aloe vera, Cyclopentasiloxane ... UGH. Every time I wear this, no matter how scrupulously I double cleanse and use salicylic acid toner>>>a bit zit somewhere forms. I shoulda known!

on 6/16/2015 11:22:00 AM

Good coverage but too expensive.

on 6/1/2015 6:37:00 PM

Terrible. Broke me out so badly! The colour range is also limited... Chucking it.

on 5/19/2015 12:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for just under a year in shade BB5 and I LOVE IT! It has an amazing coverage, makes my skin look flawless and glowing (which is quite a feat as I do not have naturally perfect skin!) I apply a pearl sized amount using the Beauty Blender Pro. This formula also smells amazing and no synthetic fragrance, it's amazing fruity smell comes from all the fruit extracts inside. When I wear this I know that it is not harming my skin or clogging my pores which is always nice. I have combination,spot prone skin and find that applied over primer and set with powder this lasts around 12 hours (I am going to test it with the Urban Decay Make up Setting Spray to see if this elongates the wear at all, will report back!)

on 1/20/2015 9:08:00 PM

I wanted to love this product SO much, as I'm looking for a mineral foundation that I know is good for my skin, has high SPF as I live in Australia but also full coverage to hide my bad acne scarring and pigmentation. I have combination skin with hormonal cystic acne breakouts around my jawline and this BB cream covered it perfectly. It does feel quite thick but I applied mine with a beauty blender and it goes on nice and creamy and feels light on the skin. The full coverage and finish is amazing and it does last well on the skin with only a late afternoon touch up required in this humidity at the moment. I found the shades to be quite dark when choosing one and it definitely oxidises but I took a risk and bought it online so clearly mismatched myself....so this was pretty much a great product overall but...and it's a BIG BUT....it broke me out something terrible. When I took my make up off in the evening, some cystic acne had flared up but like never before, my skin had literally formed blisters around my jaw line. This product is the only thing which I had tried differently on my skin so unfortunately it has to be down to this. Like I said, I wanted to love and use it so much but I guess it's just not going to work for me.

on 1/15/2015 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this while visiting a spa, still in a haze of bliss and determined to be treating my skin to the "healthier" options. I was looking for something with more of a glow than my regular double wear that I could use every day but still had a bit of coverage.

When I saw the glowtime I thought great. It has spf, coverage and would give me a glow. All good. The assistant recommended BB6 for me. I also ended up buying the amazing base as a setting powder. Not sure this was the best advice from the assistant as I've since discovered this is a foundation all of its own. But I just used a light dusting to set the BB.

The first thing that struck me was the thickness of the product. A pea sized amount was recommended. So i dotted it on my skin and duly blended using my real techniques expert face brush. I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation so I found that a pea sized amount well blended is not enough. I had to go back over the worst areas and stipple over these areas.

The colour of this is quite yellow which is great for minimising redness. You have to be careful to blend very well. It does give a lovely glow to the skin and I must say I looked younger and fresher with this.

However after a little while (about an hour) I found that this started to feel very oily on my t-zone area. I found I needed to blot very regularly in order to keep shine at bay and to stop the foundation seperating. By the end of the day it had disappeared form my t-zone but remained everywhere else. Not ideal really.

This may work for me if i used the jane iredale primer and the matt finishing powders but to be honest I was not impressed enough to part with more cash in the hope of making this product work. I think there are plenty more products that can do what this product offers at a more affordable price.

I have a bugbear about these companies like bare minerals and jane iredale in that you cannot just seem to use one product from their lines. If you but one you seem to have to buy a whole range of products to make it work. I had a bad experience of this with bare minerals too a few years ago. Spent an absolute fortune and ended up with a load of products I just couldnt use.

While I'm on a roll another bugbear about these products - they are designed and advertised to be great for acne and rosacea skin types. I went to the jane iredale site for application tips. Not one demo of covering acne or rosacea to be found. Just models with. flawless skin. Not a great inspiration for those with problem skin to invest i think.

All in all I think EUR 104 was enough to part with for what is after all a mediocre product in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay do love this product and being a beauty therapist, product junky and counter manager myself I do believe this is a really lovely addition to any girls make up bag who is looking for nice natural products that don't harm the skin or cause break outs. And if used correctly could take the place of many foundations. However! I would highly recommend adding this product to a lighter version of a BB cream as it is so thick and full that it can look cakey if applied incorrectly and can be difficult to work with.
I currently use this product in the number 7 added with my kiehl's BB cream in the medium colour I think it is (I have previously done a review on this product if you want the full name for it). I add the tiniest bit of my glow time to a glob of my kiehl's as that's all you need. Because my glow time is the wrong colour for me when tanned it works well with my kiehl's to make it darker then I use my number 7 on it's own to correct my under eye area as it is stark enough on it's own I think to be used as a concealer!
Pros-
Skin loving ingredients
Not too oily for the product type (I do set this with a setting powder)
It lasts forever as you only need the smallest amount! (I have had mine for a 1.5 years and still going ! )
The coverage !!
The packaging (lovely big tube!! With lots of product)
Cons-
Price (although you do get a lot of product and it lasts for ages so can't really complain)
It can be hard to work with if used purely on it's own.
The coverage can be a bit heavy (if used in correctly)

Over all would 100% by this again!

Honestly, I don't *want* to like this BB cream. It's really expensive, and I hate the idea of loving such a pricey product. But it's just so damn good. I am VERY obsessed with high coverage products and I want a perfect, even complexion to work off of, and inexplicably, this *BB cream* offers that with a minimal amount of product. Like, I can get very decent coverage with a pea-sized amount, probably less.

I started off with the Garnier BB cream, which was...underwhelming and made my eyes burn (LPT: read the freakin' packaging). Then, out of curiosity, I picked this up (it's my mother's). It made a world of difference. It covered like a foundation, blurred out my pores, matched BOTH our skintones (she tans, I don't), and is just overall...awesome.

I'm now venturing into Korean BB creams after trying this. I had a bad experience with one, and to be honest, I'm worried that this product has set the bar impossibly high. Will I find a quality BB cream that's just as good as the Jane Iredale Glow Time (or even better)? Who knows. But for now, this is a HG BB cream...even though it's hideously expensive.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

to be honest I was given this by my mom-in-law who bought it from a spa for $45. She hated how it looked on her skin and asked if I wanted to try it. I was excited to try it but it is SO dark. I am a rather pale gal. It looked fine on my hand but it oxidized even darker than it applied to my face.

that being said, the coverage is nice and thick and it doesn't -feel- bad, but looks bad. The packaging is nice and doesn't feel cheap so that was a plus. Applied nice with a wet sponge.

it also has a weird smell, like it's not perfumed but...just off?

I definitely wouldn't purchase this myself and I'm glad I wasn't the one who bought it.

on 12/5/2014 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this at the Nordstrom Spa in downtown Seattle and they walked me through various ways of applying either for full coverage (apply without blending with any lotion) or light coverage. For a matte, polished look I use the face powder by the same brand. My skin is nether oily or dry from it's use and it hasn't caused any breakouts. For application I use the pink beauty blender sponge.