November 25, 2014 | 1308 users online

BB Cream - Jane Iredale - Glow Time BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by valkyriekee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really like this with a fine dusting of the loose powder on top. I have red cheeks and little red blood vessels under my eyes. I am 41, and am always balancing that knife edge of under eye concealment and too much under eye concealment. (if you are over 40, you know ) I find this to be one of those product lines that eases those woes. I am porcelain with ruddiness. ( NW European) Darkest auburn/brunette and green eyes Skin is dry and flaky around nose not oily, and the rest is normal. I use an OIL moisturizer. Usually a single oil not a blend mixed with other ingredients. OR Ecco Bella has an herbal oil in a round jar that is also a good moisture backdrop. I put this on with my fingers one section at a time. I find that the BB3 is great with the light beige powder on top. (tap and swirl the powder brush so as to not look cakey) This lasts all day long. In winter I am BB1 and Ivory powder. I have to say that if you have any patchiness the BB1 is going to cling to it more than the BB3. I just make sure to use the washcloth in the shower and use the moisture first, and it is not a problem. I have been using this for a month now, and have had no issues with my skin. I use mychelle creamy pumpkin cleanser, and it comes off with ease. I can not wear foundations with alcohol, because of the sensitive sides of nose. This does not end up causing any sensitivity. It is also CRUELTY FREE! I am going back for more of this and the loose powder. I have heard good things about their circle delete. I am #2.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by shirazz88

I've been using JI Glow Time for a month. It gives me very good coverage for my hyperpigmentation. The cream is very thick and a little goes a long way. The first few times, I applied way too much. It's not like applying regular foundation.

I put about half a pea size on the back of my hand. I add more as needed, but start small. I use a Sigma Flat Top Kabuki brush F80 to apply Glow Time. I find a flat top brush is better to use than a regular foundation brush. I lightly tap the brush on cream and gently dot the cream on my face. I use a swirling motion to apply the makeup. Don't press too hard. It took me about a week or so to get the hang of using the swirling motion and determining the right pressure to applying the cream. I wasn't experienced using a flat top brush.

I also use JI Enlighten concealer over the darkest hyperpigmentation areas before applying Glow Time. Be careful not to use too much of the concealer. This is where I had to adjust the pressure amount when applying Glow Time. I wait a few minutes for concealer to set before applying the cream.

I let Glow Time set for a minute before applying blush. I do my eyes then finish off with blush, etc. I don't usually use a powder unless it's for an evening outing. Sometimes I use a facial spray to set the makeup with or without powder.

I marked it's expensive, but a little does go a long way.

Note: My mother in law gave me a compliment. She liked my makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by stereobleedout

I am giving up on this. It pains me because I wanted it to work out so bad. But this breaks me out the typical deep cystic lesions especially on my cine and the sides of my nose-bridge. I kept hearing about Jane Iredale being friendly for the skin. Theese products are hard to come by locally where I am, so I had to look and went for a trial. It looked good so I decided to just buy one.

I don't like wearing makeup because of the (well-founded fear) it breaks me out. So I only wear it on special occasions.
Initially the coverage is quite good (moderate) it blends well. But after a a few hours, it looks cakey, although it still helps mask the redness on my skin. But I broke out so badly, been giving it excuses eg I wore in while on holiday (hence the dry atmosphere was bad for my skin) But the past week, I it's the last straw really. I wore it for 2 separate occasions (a few hours), about 1 week apart. I was trying it without the powder and it broke me out.

Now I'll try the pressed powder (coverage not as good, it's more sheer) and see if that breaks me out too.

anyway, still hunting for something suitable for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by guitargirl114

First of all, the one bad thing first: it is a bit pricey. BUT ... the amount you need to use is so small that it seems to lasts forever. And because the opening is small, there is less chance for contamination making it less likely to be a bacterial haven so it can last longer. (I had mine for 2 years before I had to get another one - I use it Monday thru Friday and weekends if I go out.)

Be prepared that if you use as much as you would use a typical liquid foundation you will be disgusted because it is thick. My application consists of mixing a tiny amount of the BB cream with a vitamin C serum/cream that I use as a moisturizer and it goes on beautifully and evenly. If I don't mix it, it goes on really thick like a sunscreen.

Up until a few years ago, I really struggled with my skin and would try every product (cleansers, makeup, topical, anything made for acne prone skin) which got extremely pricey and discouraging since nothing was working. Almost three years ago, my mom turned me onto a specific cleansing line and at the same time I came across JI products and, although the occasional breakouts still surface, have seen such an improvement.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I switched to using Korean BB's from powdered minerals because as I got older I found that the powders accentuated flaws. However, I eventually became concerned about the safety
(and soundness ethically) of some of the ingredients in these Asian brands. Lo and Behold - my previous favourite mineral makeup Jane Iredale had started making a BB! I purchased this in BB3 as this was supposedly a match for Warm Silk, the shade I had been using previously in both the pressed and loose minerals.
This product worked for me similar to MISSHA's Cho Bo Yang where it provides more coverage than a tinted moisturiser but not as much as a full coverage foundation. Also similar to the Asian product, you need to only use a pea sized amount for your whole face and work quickly because it is possible to have it set before it is blended or use too much and have it end up looking mask like. I have had no break outs from it so far even with sensitive an acne prone skin. It does have sort of a light citrus-y scent but this dissipates quickly and I had no allergy issues with it.
The main con I could find with this is that at $48 it's basically double what it costs for other BB creams. This is high enough that it's definitely a consideration when purchasing this product.
Overall though I will purchase this again because I like both the coverage and the fact that it has less questionable ingredients than competitiors.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that I did not need to use a brush with this. I simply used a pea sized amount, dotted it on and then blended with my fingers like I would any other BB. I did not even need to use powder to set it afterward. I suspect that many of those achieving a super heavy effect with this stuff are simply using too large an amount.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Bridget55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted a break from products laden with parabens and decided to give JI BB cream a whirl since I'd had a good experience with their liquid minerals in the past but I wanted something with a fairly high SPF to use while vacationing on Martha's Vineyard. It's easy to travel with and along with the primer goes on nicely. My problem was the color range. I'm usually the second lightest foundation in most lines but the BB3 was pasty on me and the BB5 was way too yellow--like Dijon mustard yellow. I'd definitely repurchase if they added more skin-like colors to the line.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The palest shade is very, very pale! Paler than all bobbi brown foundations, and mac ( duh) it's looks like mac fb c1 and white in a 1:2 ratio

It's pretty full coverage but not cakey or matte. I like the finish and coverage a lot! It transfers a lot, but I've never found a foundation that isn't grossly matte and doesn't transfer a lot so I don't care much. It def needs a touch up in the afternoon.

I love it though, almost HG for me.. almost!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ginawadsworth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Jane Iredale compact powder several years ago. I think I am allergic to parabens and mineral oil following many years of sun tan lotion use when sailing. I am sure it was an accumulative issue, but have no desire to try them out again. I absolutely loved the powder. It is light, but covers well, giving me a good SPF coverage and being portable to boot.

Now in my 50's I felt I needed more coverage, and decided to take the plunge and get a BB cream as I was going to Australia for 10 days. The idea was a foundation-like product with good SPF which would not upset my skin.

Well I hated it, really hated it. It felt thick, non-mobile in terms of spread ability. I felt like I had this thick plastic mask on. The only good thing is that I did not burn.

On returning to NZ, I went back to the compact again and was very happy to do so.

However, I felt the powder was beginning to make me look older, sitting on top of my skin or in the creases. Time to make a change.

I tried the BB cream again, and once more hated it. Not giving up, though, I watched several videos, including Jane's on how to apply it. I also went to my stockist to ask advise and discuss dislike of the product.

The secret, is definitely in the application. I was advised I could add it to moisturiser to make it more malleable and that it is indeed supposed to be very thick. The idea is once applied, it does not move!!!

I now use a pea sized amount which I put on the base of my thumb. I let is warm up on my skin and apply tiny dots on my face and spread it out on newly moisturised skin. I use the pads of my fingers and work quickly and gently, as if I am applying a light oil. I work in sections, so it does not have time to settle in any one space as a blob.

The only downside is that it tends to make a dry area by my nose more noticeable, but I add a little concealer here to hide this, as suggested by my stockist.

Overall I have begun to like this product and would advise anyone trying it to either have a beautician show them how to apply it, or look at the video tutorials. Whether I would repurchase is open to debate at this stage, but I am hoping by Summer I have become proficient enough in its application that I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

I like this BB cream a lot. In my opinion, it is more like a full on foundation though. My skin feels good and I don't feel like I have a lot on. Matched my skin tone perfectly , which is really hard to find. Only down side is the pricing..... $48.... I only bought it because I get a discount where I work

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by maria91

Very good coverage for people who need it, but very heavy as well. It looked a bit cakey on me and it rubbed off on my sunglasses - something I hate! Also, it was quite thick and had to blend it in quickly. Overall it was ok, but I wouldn't repurchase.