December 17, 2014 | 1754 users online

BB Cream - Jane Iredale - Glow Time BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by itisanniebelle

Honestly, I don't *want* to like this BB cream. It's really expensive, and I hate the idea of loving such a pricey product. But it's just so damn good. I am VERY obsessed with high coverage products and I want a perfect, even complexion to work off of, and inexplicably, this *BB cream* offers that with a minimal amount of product. Like, I can get very decent coverage with a pea-sized amount, probably less.

I started off with the Garnier BB cream, which was...underwhelming and made my eyes burn (LPT: read the freakin' packaging). Then, out of curiosity, I picked this up (it's my mother's). It made a world of difference. It covered like a foundation, blurred out my pores, matched BOTH our skintones (she tans, I don't), and is just overall...awesome.

I'm now venturing into Korean BB creams after trying this. I had a bad experience with one, and to be honest, I'm worried that this product has set the bar impossibly high. Will I find a quality BB cream that's just as good as the Jane Iredale Glow Time (or even better)? Who knows. But for now, this is a HG BB cream...even though it's hideously expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by darknessdarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

to be honest I was given this by my mom-in-law who bought it from a spa for $45. She hated how it looked on her skin and asked if I wanted to try it. I was excited to try it but it is SO dark. I am a rather pale gal. It looked fine on my hand but it oxidized even darker than it applied to my face.

that being said, the coverage is nice and thick and it doesn't -feel- bad, but looks bad. The packaging is nice and doesn't feel cheap so that was a plus. Applied nice with a wet sponge.

it also has a weird smell, like it's not perfumed but...just off?

I definitely wouldn't purchase this myself and I'm glad I wasn't the one who bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by purplelime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at the Nordstrom Spa in downtown Seattle and they walked me through various ways of applying either for full coverage (apply without blending with any lotion) or light coverage. For a matte, polished look I use the face powder by the same brand. My skin is nether oily or dry from it's use and it hasn't caused any breakouts. For application I use the pink beauty blender sponge.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Cbarnes81

It is one of those products that can go opposite ways depending on skin type, but more so, on application. In other words, applied wrongly, it can turn out a disaster. I've since learned that it works best with a foundation brush. And equally important, get to know how much product is required on your skin. In my case, not a lot. Too much, and I look like I am off to a Halloween party.

I like that it provides a full coverage (and it really does this), and it does give off a glow-ish finish, which makes my normally disaster skin look good. And finally, it lasts ALL day. The shade range, as many have found, is a bit biased towars the lighter side. I would say even, the VERY light side. I wear the BB05 shade, because the next shade available in Europe was a bit too dark. I am olive, with a beige-yellowish tone (a lot more beige than yellow though), and the BB05 is simply too light and yellow-y. I finish it with powder and bronzers to correct the colour, which is a bit tiresome. I think it is not so much the consistency of the product, but the shade itself that makes it look 'chalky' on the face, as some people have found. I really wish they'd do something about that.

Would I repurchase? My answer is really a 'maybe'. It is quite hard to get hold of JI products in Europe. I often buy mine from feelunique (though I also purchase from US sites - which would include a hefty shioping charge), but I find they never have the full range of JI products, often not the full range of shades available. The other thing is, this BB cream is way tooo expensive, It costs euros 51!!! That's way more expensive than full bottles of my other favourites: Dior and YSL. A good product that could potentially get better with better shade offerings, bu for these reasons, repurchasing is a big 'maybe' for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by valkyriekee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really like this with a fine dusting of the loose powder on top. I have red cheeks and little red blood vessels under my eyes. I am 41, and am always balancing that knife edge of under eye concealment and too much under eye concealment. (if you are over 40, you know ) I find this to be one of those product lines that eases those woes. I am porcelain with ruddiness. ( NW European) Darkest auburn/brunette and green eyes Skin is dry and flaky around nose not oily, and the rest is normal. I use an OIL moisturizer. Usually a single oil not a blend mixed with other ingredients. OR Ecco Bella has an herbal oil in a round jar that is also a good moisture backdrop. I put this on with my fingers one section at a time. I find that the BB3 is great with the light beige powder on top. (tap and swirl the powder brush so as to not look cakey) This lasts all day long. In winter I am BB1 and Ivory powder. I have to say that if you have any patchiness the BB1 is going to cling to it more than the BB3. I just make sure to use the washcloth in the shower and use the moisture first, and it is not a problem. I have been using this for a month now, and have had no issues with my skin. I use mychelle creamy pumpkin cleanser, and it comes off with ease. I can not wear foundations with alcohol, because of the sensitive sides of nose. This does not end up causing any sensitivity. It is also CRUELTY FREE! I am going back for more of this and the loose powder. I have heard good things about their circle delete. I am #2.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by shirazz88

I've been using JI Glow Time for a month. It gives me very good coverage for my hyperpigmentation. The cream is very thick and a little goes a long way. The first few times, I applied way too much. It's not like applying regular foundation.

I put about half a pea size on the back of my hand. I add more as needed, but start small. I use a Sigma Flat Top Kabuki brush F80 to apply Glow Time. I find a flat top brush is better to use than a regular foundation brush. I lightly tap the brush on cream and gently dot the cream on my face. I use a swirling motion to apply the makeup. Don't press too hard. It took me about a week or so to get the hang of using the swirling motion and determining the right pressure to applying the cream. I wasn't experienced using a flat top brush.

I also use JI Enlighten concealer over the darkest hyperpigmentation areas before applying Glow Time. Be careful not to use too much of the concealer. This is where I had to adjust the pressure amount when applying Glow Time. I wait a few minutes for concealer to set before applying the cream.

I let Glow Time set for a minute before applying blush. I do my eyes then finish off with blush, etc. I don't usually use a powder unless it's for an evening outing. Sometimes I use a facial spray to set the makeup with or without powder.

I marked it's expensive, but a little does go a long way.

Note: My mother in law gave me a compliment. She liked my makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by stereobleedout

I am giving up on this. It pains me because I wanted it to work out so bad. But this breaks me out the typical deep cystic lesions especially on my cine and the sides of my nose-bridge. I kept hearing about Jane Iredale being friendly for the skin. Theese products are hard to come by locally where I am, so I had to look and went for a trial. It looked good so I decided to just buy one.

I don't like wearing makeup because of the (well-founded fear) it breaks me out. So I only wear it on special occasions.
Initially the coverage is quite good (moderate) it blends well. But after a a few hours, it looks cakey, although it still helps mask the redness on my skin. But I broke out so badly, been giving it excuses eg I wore in while on holiday (hence the dry atmosphere was bad for my skin) But the past week, I it's the last straw really. I wore it for 2 separate occasions (a few hours), about 1 week apart. I was trying it without the powder and it broke me out.

Now I'll try the pressed powder (coverage not as good, it's more sheer) and see if that breaks me out too.

anyway, still hunting for something suitable for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by guitargirl114

First of all, the one bad thing first: it is a bit pricey. BUT ... the amount you need to use is so small that it seems to lasts forever. And because the opening is small, there is less chance for contamination making it less likely to be a bacterial haven so it can last longer. (I had mine for 2 years before I had to get another one - I use it Monday thru Friday and weekends if I go out.)

Be prepared that if you use as much as you would use a typical liquid foundation you will be disgusted because it is thick. My application consists of mixing a tiny amount of the BB cream with a vitamin C serum/cream that I use as a moisturizer and it goes on beautifully and evenly. If I don't mix it, it goes on really thick like a sunscreen.

Up until a few years ago, I really struggled with my skin and would try every product (cleansers, makeup, topical, anything made for acne prone skin) which got extremely pricey and discouraging since nothing was working. Almost three years ago, my mom turned me onto a specific cleansing line and at the same time I came across JI products and, although the occasional breakouts still surface, have seen such an improvement.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I switched to using Korean BB's from powdered minerals because as I got older I found that the powders accentuated flaws. However, I eventually became concerned about the safety
(and soundness ethically) of some of the ingredients in these Asian brands. Lo and Behold - my previous favourite mineral makeup Jane Iredale had started making a BB! I purchased this in BB3 as this was supposedly a match for Warm Silk, the shade I had been using previously in both the pressed and loose minerals.
This product worked for me similar to MISSHA's Cho Bo Yang where it provides more coverage than a tinted moisturiser but not as much as a full coverage foundation. Also similar to the Asian product, you need to only use a pea sized amount for your whole face and work quickly because it is possible to have it set before it is blended or use too much and have it end up looking mask like. I have had no break outs from it so far even with sensitive an acne prone skin. It does have sort of a light citrus-y scent but this dissipates quickly and I had no allergy issues with it.
The main con I could find with this is that at $48 it's basically double what it costs for other BB creams. This is high enough that it's definitely a consideration when purchasing this product.
Overall though I will purchase this again because I like both the coverage and the fact that it has less questionable ingredients than competitiors.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that I did not need to use a brush with this. I simply used a pea sized amount, dotted it on and then blended with my fingers like I would any other BB. I did not even need to use powder to set it afterward. I suspect that many of those achieving a super heavy effect with this stuff are simply using too large an amount.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Bridget55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted a break from products laden with parabens and decided to give JI BB cream a whirl since I'd had a good experience with their liquid minerals in the past but I wanted something with a fairly high SPF to use while vacationing on Martha's Vineyard. It's easy to travel with and along with the primer goes on nicely. My problem was the color range. I'm usually the second lightest foundation in most lines but the BB3 was pasty on me and the BB5 was way too yellow--like Dijon mustard yellow. I'd definitely repurchase if they added more skin-like colors to the line.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No