July 29, 2014 | 1665 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Jane Iredale - smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great smelling, easy to blend, lightweight primer. I got a deluxe sample with the plan to try it under Jane Iredale's mineral powder foundation (which I love). I am not "in love" with this primer though it's definitely a very nice, high quality product with good ingredients, but lacking SPF. The price is a bit too high for the quantity (IMHO), but the main thing I don't like about it is if it's not TOTALLY dry and absorbed into your skin (which takes a few minutes) before you put on makeup, it cakes up. I wasted a lot of my sample due to having to start over because of this issue. I am "in love" with Chanel's Le Blanc Brightening Make up Base which has SPF30 and Natura Bisse Diamond Drops. I will go back to those and won't buy this in the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells amazing . Didn't clog pores . Beautiful primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by oingoboingoqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was never a big fan of primers, especially since most of them just make my skin oilier. When I tried JI Smooth Affair, I fell in love. First, it feels like a silky serum. It leaves the skin feeling really soft and supple. I do recommend that you let it fully dry before applying foundation. Secondly, this primer works with any foundation. It worked well with the BB cream, Dream Tint and the Pure Pressed. It keeps my make up from caking. I will even wear this on its own. Lastly, it does not make your face itch. I hated how other primers felt heavy and had so much fragrance that I found myself scratching my face every so often. JI primer does have fragrance but it is not overbearing. Overall, it is an excellent primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

1. Smells good

2. Nice packaging

3. Some good ingredients

But wowsa that's some hefty price tag for a moisturizer. Is it worth it for just something nicely packaged that smells good? It's not much of a primer and brightens nothing in my opinion, it's just a moisturizer so if I want a luxury item I'd rather have Chantecaille, Chanel or La Prairie if I'm shopping to impress.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ellka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this definitely does what they say - makes bb cream go on more easily and smoothly. I use much less bb cream when this is applied first. smells amazing. It is great used around eyes before applying bb cream - keeps the bb cream from drying eye area and makes it go on smoothly. I might buy again, still not sure.

Feels great as its applied, does leave a nice smooth finish, but not sure it's something I need - might be redundant for me. I think in summer when I'm using lighter serums it may be more neccessary.
I've seen no pore shrinkage or smoothing of lines or my mildly lumpy rosacea areas.

It may keep the bb cream or powder in place longer. If they offered a travel size I'd say definitely try it but it's too pricey at full size just to try.
sorry, i'll have to do a more scientific trial and update this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mjrq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first primer I have ever liked enough to justify the purchase. In addition, it is the only primer that is worth adding an additional step to my makeup routine. Smooth Affair has a nice grapefruit aromatherapy effect. It is a refreshing treatment product for the skin. Best of all, it can replace my day moisturizer and eye creams. Sometimes I mix it into my Glow Time BB Cream with it if I want a more sheer coverage. It also makes your Glow Time shade go on a little lighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has a light fruity scent. You only need the tiniest amount of this stuff and it will spread all over your face to help your foundation glide on and stay on all day. I like this stuff, and it hasn't broken me out. I use it under Jane Iredale's BB Cream, and it does help it apply more evenly. I recommend trying this!