October 23, 2014 | 1834 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Violet Nouveau Monde/New World Purple

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh how I wanted to hate this nail color for many reasons. 1st: it was more expensive than DL, 2nd: it was not listed as being 3 free, 3rd: it's Dior, come on really a nail color by Dior....seriously, how good can that be?
I am ashamed to say that I am a convert to Dior polish. I bought this "one" and I thought oh it's just gonna be a purple that anyone else can make, oh was I wrong. It is a deep plum with a lot of brown, blue, and gold sparkles in it, but not like it's all about sparkles either. It's done with elegance. In one light it's got lots of blue and purple and in another it is brown and has a lot of brown and gold in it. It is gorgeous on the nails add a top coat and the wow factor has happened!
This was my first foray into Dior nail polish and I'm now sold. I love the brush (better than DL my HG), I love the color selection. I loved this color even if I only saw it online. when I got it I was amazed at how beautiful the color really was. It's ease of application was fantastic, no lines, the dry time was minimal and quick! I used a base coat and only needed two coats to cover completely, then my top coat.
It lasted long than I thought. It lasted without chips and minimal wear on the tips 4 days. I got chips after the 4th day and that's ok for me and my natural nails. I'm sure it will last longer with people who have fake nails. I also use Nubar Diamont top coat and it rocks for me, better than anything I have ever used!
I now am looking for other colors by Dior that fit my color choices. So far I've bought this color, and "waterlily" and "forget me not". I think that "waterlily" with DL's "mermaid's dream" will look outstanding and I can't wait to try it! I think "forget me not" with DL's "bring on the bling" will look amazing. I can't wait to try all of them together.
Yes they are pricey but wow what a beautiful color they make for the nails. I truly believe that we can wear jewelry on our nails and the polish is our jewels.
I'm not sure if Dior will be having this color for long so get it while you can. I have always said you get what you pay for and so far I am right. These polishes are fantastic!