November 22, 2014 | 936 users online

Lip Gloss - Chantecaille - Brilliant Gloss in Love

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a mini of this gloss shade from Barneys and I have to say that after using it a few times while this is not a terrible product, I am not really impressed either.
Pros:
- Soft and creamy formula, while it feels a bit greasy it is comfortable on my lips
- Packaging is practical
- Cool toned shade looks nice in the tube
Cons:
- Super sheer, does not show up at all on my pigmented lips
- Staying power is minimal
Basically when I apply Love it looks like I put on lip cream, there is no color payoff whatsoever, I also do not detect any shimmer.
Will not purchase the full size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know what it is about this colour. The formula should technically be the same as Charm but it isn't. It just doesn't feel the same or luxurious as Charm. I just wanted to try a different color because I just love Chantecaille's Brilliant lip gloss in Charm so I purchased Love as well. I don't really care for it. Won't purchase this colour again. I'm glad I didn't pick up Charm though. I will save it for summer and use up the rest of Love. Won't repurchase this colour again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These glosses are fantastic. They're hard to stray from once you wear them. I have too many glosses already but this feels very different from any other formula I've tried. And after I bought one of these I was obsessed and bought three more colors, then I pretty much ignored all my other glosses. The consistency is so light and comfortable, almost like a hybrid between a gel and a silicone. It coats my lips without any of the weight or thickness of a typical gloss. It's thin but not overly so and it doesn't stray or slide around past my lip line. I love how well it stays put so I don't have to worry if it's merging anywhere on a hot day. It lasts for a long time and leaves my lips feeling moisturized. It doesn't dry oddly either it just sort of eventually melts away into a balm sensation. Also the lack of stickiness is wonderful, especially for anyone with long hair who hates anytime a breeze causes strands to become glued to their gloss. Perfect gloss for people who are anti-lip gloss.

This color is so pretty, like cotton candy. Pale, wispy pink with subtle silver shimmer. It's cool toned like so many baby pinks out there. This is definitely the most subtle shimmer I've ever seen in a gloss before and I completely understand why other reviewers describe these as sophisticated or grown up glosses. The shimmer only does enough to catch the light. I have fairly pigmented lips and this shows up even though it's sheer. It adds enough color that anyone could tell it's a pale pink and not just a shiny gloss. I've had some issues with certain glosses that are on the sheer side sort of melding into my own lip color where I can't really tell the difference between a few different colors once they're actually on me. So I'm glad this has a presence. It's great with a smoky eye.

Good sized tube with simple, clean packaging and a brush applicator. I prefer brushes for lip gloss so that's a bonus. Sheer or semi-sheer glosses that are expensive should justify their price and to me this one does. I haven't been able to wear a lot of the brand's facial cosmetics because I'm super sensitive and for some reason they irritate my skin, so I gave up on Chantecaille long ago. But I'm glad I gave these a try (based on a friend's raving) and I'm sure I'll buy more.