October 24, 2014 | 1049 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Intensive Hand Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by CommerceCitySister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This works really well on dry, scaly hands. I use it at night and by morning my hands are soft and smooth! The only caveat, as others have mentioned, is the smell. I don't especially mind it but it is strong and very ummm...herbal. It won't appeal to lots of folks.

True story: I recently had an accident in my sleep wherein I sliced the edge of my nostril with my fingernail (I think I was trying to scratch my nose in my sleep?) and the wound kept breaking open and bleeding and wouldn't stay scabbed over long enough to begin the healing process. I ended up swabbing this hand butter on the wound with a Q-tip and after one treatment the wound never broke open again. I've been applying it three times a day for two days and it's almost healed now! This stuff is like MAGIC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Laurenxoxox0

Was very moisturising when tried at the party. But smelt disgusting. Made me feel Ill.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works wonders for my dry hands. It is surprisingly quick to absorb into the skin and doesn't feel greasy at all. I apply it before bed, and when I wake up in the morning, my hands are soft, supple, and ready to brave the winter air. A little goes a long way.

There is a rather strong, earthy smell to it. I prefer that to a perfumed smell, but I could understand why it might be offputting to some people. It almost smells like tobacco leaf.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Amina22

Although i hate the smell of this product, i love how it moisturizes my hands. Its winter here right now and this product really saves my hand from getting dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by racheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff, it keeps my hands really soft. It is kind of sticky at first but it goes away after a few minutes. The only other problem I have with this is the smell, it is just very earthy and nit pretty... it does die down after a little while but I would rather deal with this slight smell and have super soft hands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best performing hand treatments I have ever used. I wish I could give it the full five stars; sadly, I can't, because the smell is bothersome, really lingers, and may even compete with your perfume.

One application of this every night keeps my hands soft around the clock, even through repeated hand washings and Purell applications. Even in the dead of New England winter. It is very rare that I have a winter where I don't get chapped hands, even if I am using another hand cream, but this year my hands stayed soft all winter thanks to this product. It really seems to penetrate the skin to nourish it, not simply act as a physical barrier that is quickly lost upon the first hand-washing. The incredible performance was actually quite surprising.

It has a lovely, souffle-like texture and is actually a really pretty color. It sinks into the skin in under a minute, but a bit of residue persists for awhile longer. (This is one reason this isn't my Holy Grail hand product; the other is the smell.)

The smell: nothing that will get you arrested, but nothing very appealing, either. It's kind of a dirty-ish plant/herbal smell mixed with butter. Not awful, but not something I want others smelling on me. It does dissipate after a bit, but it lingers more than I'd like.

A hand cream that equals this one in performance, but lacks the drawbacks of bad smell and residue, is Philosophy's (more expensive) Hands of Hope.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Rebiaaurora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hands get extremely dry in this time of year, and are overall sensitive to frequent exposure to water, and so on. I use the Almond Hand & Nail Cream during the day, but bought the Hemp Intensive Hand Butter because it wasn't enough. I wanted something that was as thick and moisturizing as possible to use during the night, and this is perfect for that purpose. My hands feel soft all day with regular use of this before bedtime.

The smell is neither pleasant nor unpleasant. I use a nail oil with lavender essential oil which smells much stronger, so I don't even notice the scent of the hand butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by BeautyPincher

I was on the go recently and I stopped by TJ Maxx to return something. My hands have been so dry lately and nothing has helped heal them, they just dry up no matter what/how often I use. I ran by the body care aisle and found this. I got it for $4 but I think it retails at $8. Not sure what to expect I put it on and WOW! Just like another reviewer said, it moisturizes deeply but wears like a light lotion. It is actually healing my dry skin, not just masking it. The only thing I hate is the smell. I usually don't mind earthy natural smells, but this one kinda sucks because the smell stays with you and I feel like others can only smell this and not my perfume. But it moisturizes so well I don't mind. Definitely reccomend this for healing dry skin, especially during the winter season.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this hand butter, it works so well, I used to get dry hands but not any more! The only thing I don't like is the smell. Its also quite expensive for a hand cream but the body shop always have some sort of offer where you can get up to 50% off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this in the store and could immediately feel that it was a good hand cream, so I bought it. I have always had very dry and problematic hands, and this cream feels really good and makes my skin better. It's the perfect consistency; thick without being buttery or oily. It has that earthy smell of all the hemp products, but it's not unpleasant and not very strong.

I would recommend this to anyone who has dry or very dry hands!