November 23, 2014 | 953 users online

Styling Products - Rusk - Softwear Volumizing Shine Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received this product as a gift. The bottle describes it as a light styling lotion that gives hair volume and body and leaves it feeling smooth, soft, sleek and shiny. It recommends applying 2-4 drops to wet hair.

Softwear has a clear, thin, slippery consistency and feels slightly sticky if it dries on your skin.

Personally, I don't feel like this product DOES anything! I especially doubt that using just 2-4 drops as the label suggests would accomplish anything (it isn't a concentrated serum or anything). Save your money and buy a more effective product.

For smooth/soft/shiny hair I'm currently using KMS Silk Sheen serum, which DOES make a noticeable difference. The Silk Sheen is more concentrated and feels slippery when you rub your hands together, not sticky like Softwear.

Edit: I tried giving this as a chance as a heat protector. ! put a dime-sized amount in damp hair and blow-dried it. It didn't seem to do anything, at least nothing positive. I can't decide if this product does nothing or if it actually makes my hair feel worse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

Although this left my hair with volume like it claimed, it also left my hair feeling more dry and brittle after blow drying it. That's really the thing I didn't like about this product. The smell wasn't great either for a Rusk product. I guess the search for a volumizing product continues...