Rusk Softwear Volumizing Shine Lotion

1.5

on 9/29/2012 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I received this product as a gift. The bottle describes it as a light styling lotion that gives hair volume and body and leaves it feeling smooth, soft, sleek and shiny. It recommends applying 2-4 drops to wet hair.

Softwear has a clear, thin, slippery consistency and feels slightly sticky if it dries on your skin.

Personally, I don't feel like this product DOES anything! I especially doubt that using just 2-4 drops as the label suggests would accomplish anything (it isn't a concentrated serum or anything). Save your money and buy a more effective product.

For smooth/soft/shiny hair I'm currently using KMS Silk Sheen serum, which DOES make a noticeable difference. The Silk Sheen is more concentrated and feels slippery when you rub your hands together, not sticky like Softwear.

Edit: I tried giving this as a chance as a heat protector. ! put a dime-sized amount in damp hair and blow-dried it. It didn't seem to do anything, at least nothing positive. I can't decide if this product does nothing or if it actually makes my hair feel worse.

on 7/25/2012 1:27:00 PM

Although this left my hair with volume like it claimed, it also left my hair feeling more dry and brittle after blow drying it. That's really the thing I didn't like about this product. The smell wasn't great either for a Rusk product. I guess the search for a volumizing product continues...