April 24, 2014 | 1814 users online

Mascara - Savvy by DB Voluminising Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

I have this in CLEAR and use it as a brow gel! combs and holds the hairs in place all
day long with no sticky or crispy brows. Cheap solution!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Savvy by DB is a cheapish line of cosmetics exclusive to Priceline in Australia. Their products are seriously hit and miss with the foundations and powders being decent, the lip liners, eye liners, pencils and eyeshadows being seriously good, and the lipglosses above average. A week ago I purchased the Voluminising mascara in Black for $10AU. The mascara itself is fairly decent. One coat gives a good daytime look that resists smudging. I think two coats and the use of a mascara comb in between would give a good volumising effect. The brush is big but fairly easy to use. The reason for my low rating is beause of the tube itself. It has a very wide opening, so there is no mechanism to get rid of excess mascara on the brush. It comes out absolutely clogged with mascara that has to be wiped off with a tissue. I feel like I'm wasting about two thirds of the product. Also with such a wide opening air is getting pumped into the tube and I think it will dry out very quickly. I don't want to spend time in the morning wiping gloop off my mascara wand, and I don't want to wake up one morning to find that it's all dried out after only a couple of weeks. Very disappointing. Back to my beloved Max Factor it is.
Edit: Yes this started drying out after a week and flaking very badly. After a couple of days of having bits of mascara falling into my eyes, I gave in and bought another mascara. What a waste of $10.