November 27, 2014 | 1394 users online

Skincare - Face - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Mandelic Acid Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Another product I love!

I have extremely sensitive skin and can use the toner AM and PM with no issues. I do not use it on the days I use a scrub or the Mandelic Acid 25% peel.

This product is gentle, yet effective. It's not filled with tons of fillers and junk ingredients. I love the fact that it's also not in a fancy bottle...So i know I'm not paying for the packaging.

It's helped even my skin tone and keep my pores clear. Very happy with this toner and it the 8oz bottle I ordered has lasted me almost 5 months of twice daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by 4reviewsonly758

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this toner based on the glowing reviews on the Family board. I originally bought the 1 oz size and upgraded to the 4 oz before running out.

For a toner, this is a miracle worker. It refines and decongests the skin.

I use this about 3-5 times a week. I have resistant skin that is prone to clogs and melasma. I think this product has helped both issues.

The packaging is plain, but effective. Frankly, that's one of the things I like about MUAC.

If you want an active that is not loaded with fillers and is virtually weightless on the skin, this is a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Ggp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely a Holy Grail product

I uploaded a photo, i'm 52 years old and the shape of my skin is largely due to MUAC products, especially Mandelic Acid Toner. I use it in conjuction with the peels--the peels i use probably twice monthly if that but the toner i use once daily, before makeup, and nothing makes my skin smooth, glowy and luminous under makeup like this.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ashesnorcal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh Mandelic Acid toner, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...nah, forget it, I can't count the ways because it would take FOR.EVER. That's how much I love you, mandelic acid toner! Background: late 30s, got my first break out in 4th grade (waahhh), terrible cystic/hormonal acne the past couple years with the accompanying scarring. For a while I was having really good luck with the acne.org Regimen, using 5% benzoyl peroxide. But it didn't take care of the hormonal acne long term, it was drying the bejesus out of my skin, and it did nothing for scarring. Fast forward....skin hatred...terrible looking skin....kept hearing great things about MUAC. Did a bunch of research before I decided which products to buy. Mandelic acid toner = rocking my world! You know how you read reviews and people say, "People are telling me my skin looks amazing" or "my skin is so smooth" or "I have zero zits" and you think, whoa, I can't even imagine that! Well, enter MUAC and the mandelic acid toner! People are telling me my skin looks good. It's super smooth and clear. It's just a toner, right?! How can it work so well? I don't know! All I know is, my skin looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better and the scars are going away. The scars are going way! Rejoice!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by honu66

In my quest to rid my melasma of 9 yrs, I have become a product junkie. I found MUAC and became a peeling fiend. After not much success, I finally underwent a peel, which the derm said had minimized my melasma by 75%. I thought it was more like 50%. They have now put me on a TriLuma regimen. It hadn't worked in the past, but they said it would this time around.
In the last two weeks, I restarted my mandelic toner and I swear this has significantly minimized my pore size as well as brightened up my skintone! My patches have lightened up and my skintone evened out. I think the peel set the stage for this toner to help out as well as it can. I wear spf and wear makeup and skin care w/spf. I believe in mechanical spf, not chemical. I avoid the direct sunlight like a vampire. I take really good care of my skin and I believe this toner has helped improve the look, feel and texture of my skin. I have ordered another bottle and will always keep it in my arsenal. I have ordered the new 40% peel as well.
This is a lifelong battle and will continue to be. I believe that w/this toner, my battle got a bit easier. I highly recommend this in your arsenal against pores, aging skin texture and melasma.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually find MUAC products to be high quality and effective. This toner doesn't seem to have any effect on my combination/ acne -prone aging skin. If it had been more effective, I might have more of an objection to what looks like a bottle that appeared to have less than the ozs promised on the label.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by MsMoose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this pretty consistently (every night, or every other night) for about nine months now, and I LOVE this stuff! I first tried the gly-luronic serum, and it did nothing for me, I really didn't even feel like I had put anything on my face (and it was EXPENSIVE!) But this toner works wonders on my skin.
I use it at night before I go to bed, and I always wake up with a soft, fresh, smooth face, it feels great! I can certainly see that it is helping clear my skin, as the number of breakouts have reduced to one every 2-3 months! I'm just working on getting ride of the scars I have from getting a couple pimples a week!
I'm about to order my second bottle of this stuff actually, I initially got the 4oz, I'm going to get the 8oz now!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by MarEsthy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first experience using MUAC products and so far I am liking them! I started using this about a week ago after doing the 25% Mandelic Acid peel and so far, I feel like it has really helped fade my post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and smooths out the texture of my skin. It also seems to help control my oily skin. I tend to get cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline which is horrible on its own while it's there but when it finally clears it also leaves a nice little reminder in the form of red/purplish spots UGH! As someone who did not suffer from acne (aside from the occasional blemish here and there) in my younger years and most certainly never dealt with cystic acne until about a year ago, I was desperate to find products that work. Having been told Accutane was my only option (which I refused...the side effects are just too scary for me), you can imagine the joy I feel when a product actually seems to be working! I use this every night, I found that using it day and night became too drying on my skin. I also use the Mandelic acid 10% serum every other night and so far so good. Current breakouts have reduced in size and seem to be healing quicker. I'm hoping to see more results as I keep using these products and will update my review!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by breeps

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products I had high hopes for, but just didn't work out. I love MUAC, and have ordered from them for years, and I do trust their products. This just wasn't quite right for me.

I've tried the mandelic peel, but found more luck with the radiance peel. My hope was to maintain my results by doing a peel every other week, and supplement with this toner. I thought, "Ahh, I could just put a dab of this on my problem spots a few times a week and it would be less irritating than peeling more often." Meh, not so.

I found this toner very drying, which I expected and planned to counteract with a moisturizer, obviously. My issue is that it just didn't seem to do anything else. I didn't notice anything more than I would have gotten from that bottle of Seabreeze I abused as a teenager. No improvement in my light acne scars or flare-ups, no noticeable difference in my skin's texture or my pores; it just stung like a beast leaving me red and running for my moisturizer.

I've since taken to MUAC's glyluronic serum and feel more maintained between peels. That seems to provide more daily refinement than this toner gave with much better results for my skin type. Oh well!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This just did not work out for me. It did not help with my pores, blackheads and make my skin feel clean and refreshed. I am not that picky about toners, but often I like to use ones with glycolic or saliac acid and usually my skin thanks me in the morning by looking brighter. Not so with this.