Lancome Hypnose Star

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gah what a clumpy little mess. The formula itself might be ok but the cone shaped brush is a big problem. The end of the cone holds a lump of mascara which randomly lands on the lashes, refusing to comb out because the bristles are not there. So then you are into a complicated dance trying to use the longer bristles to comb out the mess while the tip is happily depositing more clumps on previously nice lashes. And the eyelid.

So I tried cleaning the end, which helps a bit but wastes product, and still leaves lashes glued together in spots, wherever the tip of the cone touches, including previously combed out lashes.

Then the heavy rose fragrance. Why? It is nicer than my dual finish powder, but that isn't saying much. The powder stinks like decomposing roses while the mascara smells fresh cut. And fragrance so close to the eyes isn't a good idea at the best of times.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

The brush shape is very awkward and the formula itself has a very goopy consistency, and needless to say, clumps easily. Also, the black colour looks grayish? Not worth the price tag, Lancome has done better.

It's a good product, but there are many cheaper dupes that can deliver same results.

I'm not impressed. Although this mascara promises volume, it doesn't deliver and my lashes end up looking spiky. Even worse, it smudges a lot, so that by the end of the day, I have raccoon eyes. Lanc˘me makes some very good mascaras, but this isn't one of them.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a good mascara. It's not HG but it's a good one and I would be glad to get it again in a GWP kit. It gives definition and lenght and the 01 noir midnight is very black, which I like! It doesn't give a lot of volume but it can hold a curl well for a non-waterproof mascara :)

As always with Lancome, their product have a strong rose smell so If you have sensitive eyes, you might want to stay away from this one.

I might purchase eventually as my search for HG continue!

EDIT ON 2015-05-18:
I finished another one of the GWP format and it's still a nice mascara. I like it for the top lashes, I just don't use it on my bottom lashes or else it will smudge a little, so if you're prone to smudging, you might want to pass on this one.

This is pretty great, I definitely like it better than Hypnose Drama. I find that it provides some very nice lengthening and definition too. The flat, tapered brush allows me to really fan my lashes out, the overall effect makes my eyes look really open. No clumping, smudging, or flaking either.

But I wish that it gave a little more volume, I prefer a more dramatic look than what I get from this mascara. It's not HG for me, but I really like it and I'd buy it again.

My eyes don't love every mascara, this one definitely irritates them! For this reason this formula is a non starter. I received the sample tube as part of the gwp and I found the brush very strange, it is like a flat triangle? Don't know how this brush shape would benefit anyone.

Nothing special so I won't be repurchasing. Considering the price I was hoping for gorgeous lashes but it didn't deliver. Very standard mascara. For the price, I'll be sticking to the original lancome mascara and my l'oreal million lashes mascara.

I got this as a test size in a multiple mascara sampler from Shoppers Drug Mart. The full retail value of it goes for around $30 canadian so that combined with its clumpy formula just aren'T up my alley. Its OK but nothing special and can look kinda gross if you layer it too much.
I prefer the regular Hypn˘se and Doll Lashes to this mascara if I had to pick within this brand.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was the first mascara I bought that wasn't a drug store brand. I got it at a L'oreal sale and I've actually been quite happy with it. It isn't clumpy and goes on well. I'm not sure about how long it lasts however I generally don't reapply throughout the day. It's really expensive though!

Popular Mascaras