Lancome Hypnose Star

3.4

on 6/11/2015 6:17:00 AM

I'm not impressed. Although this mascara promises volume, it doesn't deliver and my lashes end up looking spiky. Even worse, it smudges a lot, so that by the end of the day, I have raccoon eyes. Lanc˘me makes some very good mascaras, but this isn't one of them.

on 4/20/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a good mascara. It's not HG but it's a good one and I would be glad to get it again in a GWP kit. It gives definition and lenght and the 01 noir midnight is very black, which I like! It doesn't give a lot of volume but it can hold a curl well for a non-waterproof mascara :)

As always with Lancome, their product have a strong rose smell so If you have sensitive eyes, you might want to stay away from this one.

I might purchase eventually as my search for HG continue!

EDIT ON 2015-05-18:
I finished another one of the GWP format and it's still a nice mascara. I like it for the top lashes, I just don't use it on my bottom lashes or else it will smudge a little, so if you're prone to smudging, you might want to pass on this one.

on 4/5/2015 5:58:00 PM

This is pretty great, I definitely like it better than Hypnose Drama. I find that it provides some very nice lengthening and definition too. The flat, tapered brush allows me to really fan my lashes out, the overall effect makes my eyes look really open. No clumping, smudging, or flaking either.
But I wish that it gave a little more volume, I prefer a more dramatic look than what I get from this mascara. It's not HG for me, but I really like it and I'd buy it again.

on 3/29/2015 5:22:00 PM

My eyes don't love every mascara, this one definitely irritates them! For this reason this formula is a non starter. I received the sample tube as part of the gwp and I found the brush very strange, it is like a flat triangle? Don't know how this brush shape would benefit anyone.

on 3/28/2015 5:16:00 PM

Nothing special so I won't be repurchasing. Considering the price I was hoping for gorgeous lashes but it didn't deliver. Very standard mascara. For the price, I'll be sticking to the original lancome mascara and my l'oreal million lashes mascara.

on 2/25/2015 11:20:00 PM

I got this as a test size in a multiple mascara sampler from Shoppers Drug Mart. The full retail value of it goes for around $30 canadian so that combined with its clumpy formula just aren'T up my alley. Its OK but nothing special and can look kinda gross if you layer it too much.
I prefer the regular Hypn˘se and Doll Lashes to this mascara if I had to pick within this brand.

on 2/16/2015 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was the first mascara I bought that wasn't a drug store brand. I got it at a L'oreal sale and I've actually been quite happy with it. It isn't clumpy and goes on well. I'm not sure about how long it lasts however I generally don't reapply throughout the day. It's really expensive though!

on 1/24/2015 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why it says 'show stopping volume mascara' because based on my experience it's more of length and definition. The conical shaped wand and bristles make it easy to grab the lashes to lift, stretch and fan them out but doesn't do much for volume. Good lasting hold, no clumping or flaking but other than that nothing much to shout about. I mean, dozen of other mascaras do the same. You can't really go wrong with Lancome mascaras I think. Personally I like to have volume and length and I think among the current Lancome range, Grandiose takes the cake.

on 1/12/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used this mascara for 2 years now and have constantly re-purchased it! It is pricey but I make sure that I use every single last bit of it. The mascara is the perfect formula and it has the perfect brush. I have used many mascaras and I still end up coming back to this one! Defiantly recommend if you like long voluminous lashes :)

on 1/4/2015 1:05:00 PM

Every time I use this product I get compliments saying it looks like I'm having false lashes. I've got short eye lashes but whilst wearing this they look absolutely stunning. I got my mascara in a goodie bag so it was a smaller version and now I'm running out of it and wanna buy another one but it's a bit pricey and I'm a student so I don't really have the money but I recommend it for others to try!!