July 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - ScandalEyes Lycra Flex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by cacti

This is my all-time favorite mascara. It's absolutely amazing. I've been using it since I got it as a stocking stuffer almost two years ago, and I've used it almost every day since! It gives lashes great volume and even some length, but I already have pretty long lashes. It goes great with a smoky eye and dramatic liner, but can definitely be worn on a daily basis, too. I don't even bother with false lashes anymore, thanks to this fantastic mascara! I definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by newbri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a fan of huge brushes, so I had to try this. I usually swear by covergirl lash blast volume, but I wanted to try a different brand. Pros: large wand, wet formula allows you to continue combing through lashes, makes lashes feel soft, not hard and brittle. Cons: does not separate lashes as well as covergirl lash blast, and looks a little clumpy for my liking. Overall not a horrible mascara, but not a keeper for me

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried pretty much every mascara on the market. Anything from the cheap $4 Great lash with the pink tube, up to the more costly $11 brands on the "other isle" of the cosmetic department...you know what I'm talking about.

This has by far been my favorite mascara. I love the wand because it is super thick and I feel it adds so much volume to my eyelashes which are otherwise short and sparse looking. I also love the "Flex" part of the mascara because I feel that if I want to sleep in my mascara or curl my lashes after applying it, they are not going to be so brittle that they will snap or break off. I especially hated that feeling when washing off my mascara, and being afraid to touch my eyelashes which felt so hard and brittle. Whats even better? ...its like $5 or $6 so its worth a shot even if you don't love it.

The only negative I have found is that the tube is rarely filled to the top with mascara. Sometimes I question if there is any in there at all before I open it. ...but it could just be the formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm rediscovering Rimmel mascaras (thanks to those fabulous drugstore sales) and I like the ScandalEyes Lycra Flex mascara equally if not more than the Retroglam mascara.
One warning: the brush is ginormous and it's a bit of learning curve to maneuver the wand without applying mascara all over your lids. (hence the one lipstick taken off)
The formula is rather wet and this adds to the learning curve. The wet formula probably helps build the volume given the nature of the brush.

It gives great length and takes a few coats to get reasonable volume. I wear primer to give my lashes that boost and I layer a thickening mascara with a lengthening one to give me the dramatic lashes I like.
I like to layer this with a thickening mascara as I find it's more of a lengthening mascara even though it claims to add major volume.

The packaging has been revamped and the tube is now a bright neon green so you can't miss it in your makeup bag. I like this because I don't like having to fumble around for my mascara du jour.

It lasts the day without smudging or flaking and removes easily with regular eye makeup remover. A pleasant find at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by marshmallows84

Incredible lift and even application. Has a beautiful intense black color. Does what it boasts plus more though I WARN you it takes a learning curve but IMHO is worth the effort. If you buy this be patient and you will stop getting those mascara smudges that result from the really big wand brush. If lift is you goal you must go out and buy this!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you don't like super big fat mascara wands, this is NOT the product for you, but the mascara itself wears very well, so.....(!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is very black, lengthens and volumizes lashes, and does not smudge or flake on me. The formula is a bit wet, which can be difficult to work with but I get minimal clumps and my lashes do not stick together.

The real problem is the packaging. The tube is so bulky, like all Rimmel mascaras but the wand is HUGE. It is really difficult for me to not get mascara on my lids when I'm using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by faceart97

I feel like this product did nothing for my lashes. They didn't lengthen or become more volumized, just found it clumpy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

3.5 Rating
1st impressions very wet and hard to not get mess all over my eyelids. I do love that it's very rich and black pigment. I have nice length not too much volume. I like that my eyelashes do not feel stiff. I'm optimistic that it will get a bit better with age and maybe thicken up my lashes more.
Ok - 2nd day and so much better (maybe I'm just having a good eye-lash day lol). Anyhow, it does have a big brush, but that means it's a faster application. It evenly distributes and today I got A LOT of volume. I change my tune, I will re-purchase, however, I've ONLY seen this in Target sometimes and NEVER at Shoppers Drug Mart anymore, so it may be difficult to find it again...The packaging is great, love that the lid clicks. Not sure why all Rimmel mascaras say their shelf life is 12 M, but I usually only keep my Drug Store mascaras (and even most HighEnd for only 4 MAX)...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First impression of this mascara was: omg, the brush is HUGE! - which makes it a little bit difficult to work with especially if you've previously used one that was much smaller. At first I didn't like it - just another product I had to use up. The formula was a little on the "wet" side (which I'm not a fan of), the bristles were so big it was making a mess all over my eyelid and it was clumping on me. After a few uses, the product started to get better and wasn't so wet anymore. Overall it does hold your curl but smudges a little on me, it gave me decent volume and length, BUT prone to clumping if you apply too many coats. Good for an everyday look for even night time. You just need to get used to the massive wand! Don't think I'd repurchase.