December 17, 2014 | 1749 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream for Dry Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by alywesney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product form Walmart it costs $6.97. It is 1.7 oz. The directions say: Gently apply every morning and night to face. So it is fairly simple.
This product is said to, "Intensely lock-in moisture and soothe dry skin for 24 hours" and this is completely true! I have very dry skin and have been looking for a good moisturizer for a long time. This was the first gel moisturizer I've tried and I absolutely love it!
I use this product every night and try to use it every morning, but sometimes I forget.
A little bit of this product goes a long, long way.
The product comes in a very cute little jar and is a baby pink color. It smells very nice! and is very light on the skin. It is also an oil-free product so it just absorbs into your skin and does not make you look oily what so ever.
I give this product 2 thumbs up and recommend it to anyone with dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by sofiarnold526

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product! Only a couple of minutes my skin already felt 3x as soft and hydrated than before I applied it. I use it twice a day after I exfoliate and my skin is better then ever. I would recommend this to anyone who has really dry or combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ericaphillips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Coming out of winter, I had dry, flaky, bumpy skin. I thought I wouldn't like this product because it seemed sticky. It dries great and I'm able to apply it before my make up, I also don't have to use a primer anymore. I only have dry skin in the winter and will probably not use this year round. Will definitely repurchase though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Terbear16862

I thought I liked this at first because it felt lightweight but it leaves me feeling like my face is sticky. It also does not provide near enough moisture for something that is called moisture rescue and made for dry skin. In the long run it dried my skin out more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by beautyqueenstylebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this moisturizer about 3-4 months ago and it actually works most of the time. I know it's made for dry skin but after after washing and toning with an oil eliminating face wash and toner, it's really helpful. It absorbs quickly, but I really don't recommend using it on a hot day because it just melts into oil on your face. For me, I get really flaky at the edge of my nose and this moisturizer doesnt really fix it as well or as quick enough as I wish it did. It gets sticky though and it stay on your fingers like plastic film. The scent isn't even overpowering or at least I hardly smell anything. Overall, it is a really good moisturizer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Lo08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I buy this when I'm feeling too cheap to spend $45 on my favourite Clinique moisturizer. It basically does the same thing as Clinique, but at a much lower cost. I think I pay $10 at Wal Mart, it might be $12.95 at drug stores. It makes my skin feel refreshed, clean and light without dragging it down, but if you have any dry spots on your skin (like after a shower), you will need to apply 2-3 coats of this stuff to those areas. It smells nice, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by OhAlejandra

I have dry to normal skin, and I love this product. It feels very refreshing when I apply it to my face. Most of the time my face feels tight, but when I use this my face feels great! I would recommend this product and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This saved my skin this winter! I started getting dry patching around my nose in december and purchased this. I am very happy I did :)
pros:
Absorbs easily
Cool when applied
Gets rid of flakes within a few days
keeps skin flake free
easy to use container

Cons:
None

Will definitely repurchase in the fall and winter months.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by BohemianBeauty2

I give this product three lippies overall because it does moisturize but is not a treatment kind of product. At 7.99 the value cant be be beat. Very pleased to see there aren't any parabens-a huge no no on my list. The moisture is slightly greasy but I think thats my combination/ oily skin. Pluses are that it is light enough for summer and any shine disappears under BB cream and my ever-fabulous Bare Escentuals finishing powder. Add a sunscreen,please! In winter my skin got flakey in spite of moisture. Thank goodness for daily exfoliation. So while it is a good product for my in progress emergency bag, my mature skin needs better care. My bad! Nice budget skincare for a teenager,however. In summary I wont buy again except in an emergency.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Fyi-- even though this moisturizer is marketed for those with dry skin, I think it's better suited for combo-oily skin types. A little background: my skin is combo/sensitive and acne-prone with some dry, flaky patches that I attribute to the bitterly cold winter in Michigan and Retin-A use.

At first, I really loved this Gel-cream and it had potential to be HG...but sadly, no. I enjoy the light texture, which reminds me of a primer because it doesn't have that heavy moisturizer feeling like most products and it dries with a matte finish that doesn't look oily. After a few days of using this product consistently, it hasn't made a difference in my dry, flaky spots and burns slightly if put on top of raw skin- ouch!

This isn't a crappy product by any means, I was just anticipating it to be more moisturizing than it actually is. I'll probably use it a lot in the summer because it's very light and doesn't look shiny, but this is a no-go for my skin this time of year and as other reviewers have helpfully pointed out; it contains a hefty amount of alcohol which may be an irritant for some and promote drier skin over time. I won't repurchase, but you could do a lot worse @ the drugstore!