April 16, 2014 | 1724 users online

Primer/ Corrector - La Roche Posay - Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with Sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Ckachita

I was reading in Harper's Bazaar magazine about making your face look fresh and using a SPF and Primer combined. I normally use La Roche products and saw that they had a SPF/Primer combo. I must say I really like it and it helps smooth out lines around your eyes. I would suggest using a moisturizer with a tint for a little color if you are pale. Over all I would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on the Walgreen's assistant recommendation and I have been very happy with it! I am always trying to whittle down the amount of products I use and this is great because of the sunscreen and a primer both. It's very thick but a little does go a long ways. I get out of the shower, use my toners and then a moisturizer and then top it with this primer. I then dry my hair and allow it to sink in really well. No problems with balling up. I took a lippie off for the price but when you consider you are just buying one product instead of two, it's not bad. I like the other LRP Anthelios sunscreen a lot too. I like this brand a lot and will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by aporia

This looks and feels exactly like L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur. It has the same active ingredients and the same inactives as well--though it has a couple inactives at the end of the list that Miracle Blur doesn't. It must have a higher concentration of sunscreens to get the higher SPF (Miracle Blur is SPF 30). But since you're unlikely to be able to use a whole 1/4 tsp of this to get the stated SPF, you shouldn't be using it as your only sunscreen anyway, so I'm not sure the higher SPF is worth the higher price. Bottom line, I really like both products but I'm going to stick with the Miracle Blur because it's cheaper and easier to find in stores near me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by coleyCol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of HG beauty products. If I could only have one thing to use for all time, it would be this. Even on its own, it makes a noticeable improvement to my complexion. I've used LRP products for several years with wonderful results & just had to try this, too. It is currently my 4th layer of sunscreen in my workday regimen, but it can be first or second on the weekends. It doesn't make me break out & doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I use a pea sized squirt, no more, otherwise my BB will slide around. It looks like pale ear wax, but it smooths on like velvet & is a wonderful makeup base. The packaging is horrible, though. There's a good 3-4 weeks worth of product still in the tube when a gentle squeeze yields no product. If you pop off the cap, it'll come out, but be careful not to dispense too much. I cannot recommend this product highly enough. It's amazing & I hope they never discontinue it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by s_schulz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Once you get the knack of applying it this is great stuff. At first I tried applying it over moisturizer and use WAY too much and it felt heavy and pilled up. Applied on bare moist skin using just a tiny bit it's wonderful. Finally, a decent spf that does not sting my skin and works well as a primer! Some eye cream and this primer and I am ready for makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this last summer before a two-week trip to India. I wore it daily in southern India in July and my face did not burn. I have light-colored skin, and I don't think I ever got much color/tan while I was wearing it. So, it works as advertised as a sunscreen, something I was slightly worried wouldn't be true because of the product's unusual consistency for a sunscreen product. It is silicone-based, very thick. It has a creamy gel consistency. You can warm it up a little between your fingers before spreading it over your face, which helps to thin it out a little. (La Roche Posay had a little tutorial on their page when the product first came out, and that's what their "expert" said to do.) It does feel pretty heavy on my face, so it's not my favorite everyday primer. But when I'm going to be out in the sun for a long time, I'll put up with the less-than-ideal texture for a well-protected face that isn't super shiny. It does work well as a primer, too. I'm used it with liquid and powder foundations. It worked fine with both and my makeup stayed put all day, even in hot/humid conditions. I think, for what it does, it's amazing. I'm taking off a star because I don't love the texture, but it really is a great product. Also, I have acne-prone skin AND allergic reactions to lots of sunscreens (lots of them give me rashes) and this has never caused me a problem of any sort. I wish I could give it 4 and a half stars... Try it.

***UPDATE:*** I took the advice of another reviewer on here and applied it on skin that was just the tiniest bit moist from the shower. It went on sooo easily. Thanks for the tip! Also, note that this product includes avobenzone, which is a good sunscreen but doesn't work well with octinoxate -- they tend to break each other down, so the sunscreens won't work as well if they're layered over each other. Might want to think twice about using a foundation that includes octinoxate over this primer, which bummed me out since I really like L'oreal's new foundation Magic Nude, which uses that ingredient. But to get the best protection, I'll avoid using both at the same time. Hope that helps others!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by DMsananselmo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! My nose and chin pores disappeared AND its from my favorite sunscreen company. I'm truly amazed!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by bossofallgloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been looking for a multitasking sunscreen for some time now, since Neutrogena discontinued their Professional Retinol Lotion spf 30 that was primarily sold on QVC. That stuff rocked! A friend had turned me on to Tizo3 Solar Protection Formula, Facial Mineral Fusion SPF 40 (which I also HIGHLY recommend.) However, I received a sample of this LRP Anthelios 50 Primer w/Sunscreen and for the time being, I'm going with that. Both products melt into my skin, but I think the Tizo3 leaves a bit more of a light cast on my skin. Also, I love love love multitaskers, and LRP works as a primer where Tizo3 does not (for me anyway.) This has a lovely texture and mattifying quality. Some on here have complained that it's too thick but although it does come out of the packaging in a semi-solid state, I have no problem getting it to spread evenly and then melt evenly and completely. So far, I'm loving it and if that changes, I will edit this review.

I have combination skin that will develop some acne if I use a pore-clogging product (a problem that has bedeviled me w/sunscreen forever.) Not a problem with LRP.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just started using this but I'm thrilled. Finally a sunscreen that doesn't leave my face shiny. Also happy to skip a step. This works as a great primer, blurring pores and keeping make up lasting longer. I don't find it especially thick or balling up. Not greasy or moisturizing. For reference, other primers I like are GA Light Master Primer & Hourglass SPF 15 Veil. I don't find those to be like spackle either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this product in sample sachets at a CVS Beauty Event. The woman who hosted it was very nice and gave me the last few sachets. At first I didn't use them since I didn't like opening them... possibly not using the whole thing and then not knowing what to do with it. I ended up opening one last month and emptying it into a little sample jar I got from Sephora.
This primer is "anti-aging" and has an SPF of 50 (whoa!!!). I have to say, I am thrilled with this product. I am still using the little 0.1 fl oz that I first opened last month. You only need a little amount. I have sensitive, acne prone, dry skin. It hasn't caused any reaction nor has it flaked up my skin. It's not greasy (but it isn't moisturizing... it just hasn't emphasized my dry patches). It's paraban-free. It does say it's fragrance-free, but I do smell a little bit of the sunscreen scent in this primer. It's not too bad and disappears after a few seconds. Anthelios does have dimethicone (a type of silicon to help makeup adhere). If you have sensitivity to silicone, be wary that this product does contain silicone.
I know a few drugstores sell La Roche Posay products, but I generally get most of my products from CVS (only some CVS's carry La Roche Posay products). I believe they run about $32USD, however, CVS frequently has sales on them where they're about $5 off or 20% off or you can receive extrabucks for purchasing from the line. I know you can use the coupons emailed to you to purchase almost anything in the store including the higher street make ups (La Roche Posay, Vichy, etc.).

Overall, I do recommend this. After I finish the sachet of product, I will probably purchase a full size when I see it on sale.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No