October 25, 2014 | 1437 users online

BB Cream - TheFACEShop - Aqua Tinted BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sydneysz

My skin: combination with oily T-zone, dry mouth area. Large pores, redness on cheeks.

Formula: it comes in two shades, Light Beige being a bit more gray than Natural Beige (which I purchased). Out of all TFS BB Creams, the Aqua Tinted has the warmest shades. Natural Beige has yellow undertones which is great for fair-medium asian skin. The formula is quite wet, and when applied it is very cooling and refreshing. It blends well, and you have to let it dry for up to a minute to get a nice, dewy finish. There is hardly any fragrance. Note that it comes out of the bottle a little darker than what it looks like blended out on the face.

Coverage: it offers pretty light coverage, and when built up it becomes light-medium. It doesn't look great in dry areas of the face, so apply a good moisturizer in those spots. On oily skin, it does make you a little oilier. It does sink into my large pores, so I have to cover those up first (I love the Oil-Cut Pore Balm).

Wear: It lasts essentially, and can be reapplied easily (and should be! It's SPF 20, PA ++, but even if it were SPF 50 PA +++ you should reapply every few hours). It doesn't do well in water, but it doesn't melt on hot days.

Overall: it's really lovely to apply and leaves a nice, natural finish. It's my favourite of all the BB Creams at TFS. If you try this product and want more coverage, the next one you should try is the HD Perfect BB Cream (same price, higher coverage, slightly cooler tones).

You should definitely test out the Aqua Tinted BB Cream!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by supapo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

None of the colours match me perfectly. Bought this in #2 and it was supposed to be there "darkest" tone. This was supposed to suit asian skintone but it is still too light and gives a slight greyish cast. Not to mention, my face does feel oily later in the day. I feel like it did not live up to the word BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by strawberriez880

This BB cream has more coverage than I expected (it has light to medium, but from the name I thought it was more of a tinted moisturiser). I have this in Light Beige and before I tried it I wasn't worried about the light colour at all because I thought it would be very sheer, but it turned out to be rather obvious that it's a few shades lighter than my skin. I fixed this by applying a powder (Duo Mat by Make Up For Ever) that actually happened to be a few shades darker than my skin so everything evens out nicely.

I have oily skin but I use blotting paper so the fact that it doesn't really control oil doesn't bother me. It does have good staying power though, so that's a plus.

The only thing I dislike about it is the lack of shades - the store I got this from literally only had this one shade. Packaging is fine, it doesn't get messy because the nozzle small and neat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Update: Get a sample or when you test it, wait atleast 10 minutes before deciding whether you want it. The color out of the tube looks dark or is a match, but after applying and drying, it lightens up big time. Although I love the consistency, the color is too light.
---
A bit tricky. I'm a nc20 studio fix, combo oily and sensitive skin and got this in natural beige. First things first. The color looks darker coming out of the bottle than when smoothed out on face and dried. Don't think the color coming out is the same. It's definitely not. In fact, it's almost a shade too light on me. But it's alright.

Pros- The finish is beautiful, while letting own skin shine through. it evens out skin tone and has a light coverage. Pores are diffused. Blends well. It has a slight semi-matte sheeny finish. Smells nice too.

Cons- color out of tube is slightly misleading. Does not really oxidize. Does not come in darker shades than nc20-25

Good for: ppl who want natural light coverage

Not for: people who want medium to heavy coverage. People with darker than nc20-25 skin tone (unless they come out with other shades)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by styra

I don't really like this product. The coverage is very minimal and the texture though light is slightly only. Not recommended for those who use BB cream as a foundation (like me).
I don't recommend it for combination to oily skin either although it is very light. After an hour or so, the face starts to be shiny. I think it'd be better for drier skin types and those who don't require coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Alliii

I LOVE this product!

General info about my skin type: combo & VERY oily t-zone... like it gets so oily throughout the day that when I come home from school, all the makeup on my t-zone is just gone >.<

I've tried so many foundations and bb creams before & none of them I found is good for my skin :/ this bb cream is aaaaamazinggggg! It smells like a perfume & the smell stays on a pretty long time so if you're sensitive to smells, you may not like it. Super hydrating and definitely a matte finish. I cannot believe how it stays on my t-zone throughout the whole day(I set it with a powder only on my t-zone). I put it on around 7:30 & when I come home at 4, the product is still on my face! It gives me a flawless look, brightens my skin and has a great coverage (light-med coverage). I recommend it both dry and oily skin~ I got it for $27 at the face shop in Japan town. It is a little pricey but it's worth it. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by March9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Overall, I like this BB cream as it looks natural on my skin, and evens out my skin tone. Feels really light, as though applying a moisturiser.

It provides very sheer coverage and does not do much to cover dark eye circles. When initially applied, looks slightly greyish but becomes more natural after around 15 minutes. Not very long-lasting on my oily skin, and I find that it slips and slides after 4-5 hours.

Conclusion: Great for people with fairly clear skin, and are looking for BB creams with light coverage. Will use it on lazy days when I do not feel like applying a full face of makeup, but still want to even out my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by asherzoby

Wow, seems like another bb cream can give my usual MAC studio sculpt NC 25 a run for its money.

As usual, i did up the left side of my face with the BB cream and the other with my MAC. Upon application, the BB cream feels nice and cool on my skin and blended in very well, almost too well, that i could not really see a difference. Usage wise, i definitely used about 2x more BB cream than my usual from MAC to get the same coverage. I then powdered both sides with MAC pressed powder in NC 20. MAC side looked better as pores were visibly smaller with the MAC foundation and face looked brighter.

After about half an hour, the MAC side still looked better as pores were still smaller and shade brighter.

After about 2 hours, the BB cream blended in better, and no obvious difference on both sides of face. the BB cream side looked slightly more natural although i think the MAC side still looked slightly brighter.

Summary: I think this is a good foundation for weekends when you want to look more natural and don't mind giving up coverage for a more natural look. Cost wise, it does seem cheaper than MAC since MAC probably cost double its price, but since i used twice the amount to get coverage, it may just work out the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

It is overall a great product if you buy it under $20. It has spf, sheer coverage, and lightweight texture. If you're looking for a medium coverage bb cream, then this is not for you. It's only for people who want to correct some acne scars that are not too visible. It lasts about 6-7 hours at most, so apply once or twice more when you go out. Since I found a better bb cream for a higher price, I won't repurchase again. However, I would say that this is a GREAT starter bb cream for those who are not used to wear makeup&begun to wear some makeups.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's really lightweight and sheer. It evens out the skin well even though it doesn't exactly hide the redness. I'm not sure about how hydrating it is, but it certainly gives a healthy glow. I wouldn't repurchase because I like a higher SPF and coverage.