Too Faced The Return of Sexy Eye Shadow Palette

on 2/22/2015 7:33:00 AM

This is my second Too Faced palette . Loved the Chocolate Bar palette but not impressed with this at all!!! Colours are lovely , packaging is nice but the pigmentation is awful and it falls out all over the face!!! Total disappointment !

I honestly really love this eyeshadow palette. I got it back in high school, when I still wasn't wearing that much makeup, and it really helped me get into it. The little instruction cards for looks were super useful for me, since I had never really used more than two colors on my lid before. Back when I first started wearing it, I never used the primer and the shadows still managed to stay on for an entire school day. The wear time probably depends on if your eyelids are oily, dry, etc. so i would definitely still suggest trying the primer that comes with it, because it works super well. In fact, I still use that primer with all of my other eyeshadows. The eyeshadow colors are very pigmented and absolutely gorgeous. They go on very smooth, and I've never had much trouble with fallout. The colors are very shimmery though, so if you're more into mattes, then I would look elsewhere. Nowadays, I tend to prefer to have slightly more toned down eyes (and wear bold lipsticks instead!), so while this is an absolutely fabulous palette and worked really well for me in high school, I don't find myself reaching for it too much anymore. However, I do still break it out for special weekend events!

on 1/8/2015 3:12:00 PM

I like this palette, but the pigmentation isn't where I'd like it to be, especially for the price. It's really pretty, and you can definitely make some beautiful and sexy looks, but I don't think the color payoff is near where it should be for my expectations of a higher end palette.

on 12/24/2014 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am usually a fan of Too Faced palettes, but this was way too much shimmer and the pigmentation isn't as good as their other palettes. I also reach for more neutral shades also so this also is not an ideal purchase. I will not purchase.

on 12/7/2014 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

yes i will buy it again!

i love this palette much more than the chocolate bar one
the colors are amazing, all shimmery, and although i have a hooded eyes, i still love it

on 5/8/2014 8:10:00 PM

Terrible pigmentation... Too much glitter that falls out all over your face. No staying power. I even used the shadows wet and it only helped a little for color payoff. I wanted to make a deep purple smokey eye with this but it ended up looking chalky and muddy and just a hot mess. Love too faced but VERY disappointed with this product. If you are looking for lots of glitter and deceivingly not pigmented colors maybe this is for you.

on 3/22/2014 1:44:00 PM

Sorry, this review is a bit long! This was the second eyeshadow palette I ever owned, and it was this palette that taught me the basics of doing eyeshadow and got me started on doing makeup as a hobby. Most of all it taught me how to use color without looking clownish.Nowadays, it is not my absolute favorite of all the palettes I own, but it is one I always come back to.

I love all the colors in this palette. I think they are are pretty universally flattering and wearable, except if you don't like shimmer shades, do NOT buy this palette as they are all shimmer shades. What I love most is how the colors are divided into three groups of five, with all the shades in a group coordinating with each other. This makes it pretty much fool proof to choose colors that work well together. The color groups were chosen with three general looks in mind, which are all pretty classic: golden brown neutral eye, shades of soft purple, and gray/black smoky eye.

The shadows are soft and easy to blend. These are not the most pigmented shadows I have ever used, but I don't find I have to work hard or anything to get the colors to show up. So it's not an issue for me at least. I'm not taking off a lippie for something that doesn't bother me, but it might be something to keep in mind if you need/want your shadows to be super pigmented.

This palette comes with particularly detailed instructions for creating various eyeshadow looks with it. As I stated before, this really helped me as I was a complete novice when I first bought it. I would highly recommend this palette to anyone who is a beginner at applying eyeshadow. The shadows are easily blend able, making them easy for a beginner to use, and the instructions are great. This might also be a good palette for anyone who wants to experiment with using color, but is afraid of looking like a clown.

on 2/4/2014 11:28:00 AM

This is the only palette I've ever owned where I have actually used all the shades. I love the fact that it comes with little cards that tell you how to achieve a certain look and where to put the shadow -this is something that I have always been bad at. I actually bought this out of determination to become better at eyeshadow! So far it's working and I can see that my skill has improved. It's such a pretty palette too and fun to play with. Do not regret spending $50 on this and I'm glad I bought this instead of Naked3,

on 8/10/2013 7:13:00 PM

I tend to stick with more demure, classic or nude eyeshadow palettes but had to have this for my collection (more due to my obsessive nature!!!). This palette is so much fun to use for a real Hollywood Glam look when going out with my hubby. I love the rich, intense colors and haven't had issues with fall-out but do adjust my make-up routine when using darker, more vibrant eyeshadow colors and will apply my under eye make-up afterwards. I really like all the color sets but do tend to use the purple combination since it makes my green eyes POP like crazy. I like this and have purchased additional palettes for gifts for my nieces and son's girlfriend.

on 8/10/2013 4:40:00 PM

If you're looking for a "gilded" eye look (not glittery but shiny) AND extra bonus features - this is it. When I first used it I made the mistake of using too much when applying. When you use TOO much of this on your brush with this eyeshadow - it will fall over over your eyes/cheeks - even with primer - I had to practice on my hand a few times to get a feel for how to use this; it's not like most eyeshadows I have used before. You have to blend it into your skin - once you get it on right - it's staying! Even without primer (which it comes with). The colors are intense, while not being overpowering. This palette is definitely not "matted" or "muted". One could wear this to work or out - adjusting eyeliner intensity (which it comes with also) and darkness of shadows used (comes with color directions for night/day). My favorite colors are the "Bombshell" ensemble - the grey/blues really seem to make green eyes "pop", but I enjoy the entire array of colors and mix/match all the time. Also, there is a great instructional video on Sephora.com .

Popular Palettes