October 1, 2014 | 1599 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - The Return of Sexy Eye Shadow Palette

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Oliviabland

Terrible pigmentation... Too much glitter that falls out all over your face. No staying power. I even used the shadows wet and it only helped a little for color payoff. I wanted to make a deep purple smokey eye with this but it ended up looking chalky and muddy and just a hot mess. Love too faced but VERY disappointed with this product. If you are looking for lots of glitter and deceivingly not pigmented colors maybe this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

Sorry, this review is a bit long! This was the second eyeshadow palette I ever owned, and it was this palette that taught me the basics of doing eyeshadow and got me started on doing makeup as a hobby. Most of all it taught me how to use color without looking clownish.Nowadays, it is not my absolute favorite of all the palettes I own, but it is one I always come back to.

I love all the colors in this palette. I think they are are pretty universally flattering and wearable, except if you don't like shimmer shades, do NOT buy this palette as they are all shimmer shades. What I love most is how the colors are divided into three groups of five, with all the shades in a group coordinating with each other. This makes it pretty much fool proof to choose colors that work well together. The color groups were chosen with three general looks in mind, which are all pretty classic: golden brown neutral eye, shades of soft purple, and gray/black smoky eye.

The shadows are soft and easy to blend. These are not the most pigmented shadows I have ever used, but I don't find I have to work hard or anything to get the colors to show up. So it's not an issue for me at least. I'm not taking off a lippie for something that doesn't bother me, but it might be something to keep in mind if you need/want your shadows to be super pigmented.

This palette comes with particularly detailed instructions for creating various eyeshadow looks with it. As I stated before, this really helped me as I was a complete novice when I first bought it. I would highly recommend this palette to anyone who is a beginner at applying eyeshadow. The shadows are easily blend able, making them easy for a beginner to use, and the instructions are great. This might also be a good palette for anyone who wants to experiment with using color, but is afraid of looking like a clown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only palette I've ever owned where I have actually used all the shades. I love the fact that it comes with little cards that tell you how to achieve a certain look and where to put the shadow -this is something that I have always been bad at. I actually bought this out of determination to become better at eyeshadow! So far it's working and I can see that my skill has improved. It's such a pretty palette too and fun to play with. Do not regret spending $50 on this and I'm glad I bought this instead of Naked3,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I tend to stick with more demure, classic or nude eyeshadow palettes but had to have this for my collection (more due to my obsessive nature!!!). This palette is so much fun to use for a real Hollywood Glam look when going out with my hubby. I love the rich, intense colors and haven't had issues with fall-out but do adjust my make-up routine when using darker, more vibrant eyeshadow colors and will apply my under eye make-up afterwards. I really like all the color sets but do tend to use the purple combination since it makes my green eyes POP like crazy. I like this and have purchased additional palettes for gifts for my nieces and son's girlfriend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

If you're looking for a "gilded" eye look (not glittery but shiny) AND extra bonus features - this is it. When I first used it I made the mistake of using too much when applying. When you use TOO much of this on your brush with this eyeshadow - it will fall over over your eyes/cheeks - even with primer - I had to practice on my hand a few times to get a feel for how to use this; it's not like most eyeshadows I have used before. You have to blend it into your skin - once you get it on right - it's staying! Even without primer (which it comes with). The colors are intense, while not being overpowering. This palette is definitely not "matted" or "muted". One could wear this to work or out - adjusting eyeliner intensity (which it comes with also) and darkness of shadows used (comes with color directions for night/day). My favorite colors are the "Bombshell" ensemble - the grey/blues really seem to make green eyes "pop", but I enjoy the entire array of colors and mix/match all the time. Also, there is a great instructional video on Sephora.com .

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far I have tried all the three day time looks on the cards and they looked really nice. The cards are really handy. The shades are beautiful and easy to blend. I like this palette very much, it's my first Too faced product ever. I don't even mind the crazy fallout with this. Usually I apply thick coat of moisturizer under my eyes before using glittery shadows and when I'm done I just wipe it off and all the fallout goes with it. My undereyes get moisturized meanwhile I do my makeup :) The packaging is awsome!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLove02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure if I would like this due to the mixed reviews. I got lucky because I absolutely love it! The colors are all so gorgeous. Yes, they are shimmery (a couple glitters) but some of us like shimmery colors! I had little to no fallout with a primer (UDPP) and was able to create several beautiful looks using this. This really is similar to Japanese eye shadows in the texture of it. I've found that the best way to apply is with your fingers or a sponge tip applicator and pat it on (don't swipe.) If you like only matte shades, then run from this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by RoseKalemba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I REALLY wanted to love this. :( I like the sturdy yet sleek packaging, and the colors are so beautiful to look at. I also love how Too Faced gives you the picture cards with guidelines on how to create specific looks with the palette. But this palette was overall just a huge disappointment, in my opinion. The shades which looked so vibrant had very little color payoff on my eyelids. All it gave me was a sheer wash of color with glitter that fell all over my face and got in my eyes. & I tried a variety of eyeshadow primers underneath. The shadows seemed to irritate my eyes as well, and I do not have sensitive eyes. I switch between wearing contacts & glasses. The included eyeliner made my eyes extremely irritated & watery, & I have never had this issue with any other eye makeup product, ever. I can't imagine wearing it with my contacts, as it was getting in my eyes & clouding my vision with glasses on. I'm sure with contacts in it would have been even worse. This palette is very overpriced for the quality of the products in contains. I did like the Too Faced shadow insurance (eyeshadow primer.) This is to date the ONLY product I have ever returned to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by skylarbee4

This was the first Too Faced palette that I ever bought and it's still one of my favorites. I have sensitive eyes so I am always a little wary buying a new brand but this one does not make my eyes itch even with the shimmer and tiny glitters! I take it with me when I travel because there is a look for every outfit in here. I love bright colors and shimmery shades (on my eyes but not my face) but I'm not a huge fan of glitter (it. gets. everywhere.)- and this palette is perfect. If applied correctly, there is very little fallout. I use a matte nude primer for day looks as it will tone down the color payoff, and for intensifying the look I use a coordinating colored primer (or colored eyeliner works too) and dab and press on the shadow with an eyeshadow sponge rather than using a brush and then blending with my shading brushes. I love the versatility! The liner it comes with is super creamy and lasts all day once it sets. You can smudge it after applying but after it sets, it doesn't budge and I live in a very hot and humid region and have oily skin. The only thing I don't like about the liner is it's not a really fine point, and I usually have to sharpen it for each use because of its creamy consistency- it seems to deposit more product than a pencil with a firmer texture. It is a very vibrant black though, which I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my! I LOVE this pallet. Such beautiful colors, very soft shadows, blend like a dream, one of my favorite pallets at the moment. Love Too Faced eye shadows/ products.