September 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Naked Rose

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: After using this blush on a daily basis for several weeks now, I'm knocking my overall rating down 2 notches from a 4 to a 2. I'm really disappointed at how powdery this blush is. I barely touch my brush to the pan and it explodes into a pink cloud. I'm also not impressed with the staying power. I have combo/oily skin and this doesn't last more than 4 hours on me. I expected much more for a HE blush formula.

ORIGINAL: This was my first experience with Illamasqua blushes. I must say, that for the price, I was surprised to find it so powdery. One of my biggest pet peeves is powdery pressed products, whether it be blush, powder foundation or eyeshadow. With that said, I do really like the color of Naked Rose. It's a perfect, everyday shade for me since I love blushes like Kat Von D Truth, Tarte Exposed, etc. I found this to be a great blush for layering underneath other shades, especially used towards the back of my cheekbone, almost like a contour shade.

The packaging is also a bit irritating: the shape makes it stand out like a sore thumb in my storage container. And although the compact stays closed very well, it's a bit hard to open, without having to use your nails to pry under the front 'clasp'.

After I received this, I realized I had a very good DS dupe for this shade and formula (sans powder city) - Jordana Rose Silk.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by yazmin77

A very beautiful blush described as a nude pink, certainly a beautiful nude pink when applied gives a natural matte smooth finish and doesent cake at all, the packaging is beautiful looks sleek, it is quite pricey but its definitely worth it because the quality is amazing, can't wait to try another ilmasque blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looks muted in the pan but on skin, its a natural pink that brightens my face. On my skin its a bright but not a candy pink. Lovely!!! Applies well and its pretty pigmented. I feel it'll suit all skintones.

The packaging is light and plasticy. Does not feel solid and expensive but the design and shape of the packaging is really nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I chose Naked Rose because it's so useful for many makeup looks and gives a soft beige rose color. It's like the little black dress of blush and works for just about everyone. What I like about these is Illamasqua seems to use a white base, so the color stays the same throughout the day and does not change.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful product. Smooth, pigmented, easy to blend out. The color is a perfect every day color for my very pale, warm toned skin. This is what I reach for when I'm at a loss for what will work well with a look. It doesn't clash with bright or bold eye looks, and looks very natural. Be gentle with your brush, though! I get alot of product kick up if I swirl too hard.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've worn this almost continuously since I bought it, and I have a lot of other blushes I could choose from. That's a good indication of how much I like it. I wasn't sure about it from how it looked in the pan, it looked too pale and washed out for me, but on the skin it pulls to a very flattering pretty neutral matte pink.

Not hugely pigmented but easy to layer and blend out. Works well with both neutral and more intense looks, I've worn this night and day and like the effect it gives.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by poshpepper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am around N10 (leaning cool) and this blush provides the perfect natural neutral pink color to my cheeks (I know that was a mouthful, haahaa).
Looking at the blush in the pan you see a dusty cool leaning mid tone pink, and when applied to my fair face it becomes a true neutral pink. I do not detect any brown in the blush, but I almost think there is a small hint in there just because the color becomes so natural on the cheek.
This blush has the same formula as other matte Illamasqua blushes, it is powdery (but not chalky) and very pigmented. It also wears all day on my oily skin with minimal oxidation (maybe darkens by half a shade by the end of the day).
I would recommend applying this blush sparingly and building to the intensity that you desire since it is so pigmented. Because the powder is so finely milled it blends like a dream so you won't be left with any harsh lines.
Overall this is one of my favorite blushes and I think it would suit a wide variety of skin-tones since it is universally flattering color.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by brnidgrlx3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely beautiful blush that would work on any skintone. It is extremely pigmented and easy to apply. It wears beautifully and lasts a long time. I would recommend applying lightly and building on the application since it is so pigmented. I honestly have never had a blush wear so well, I will never go back! The only negative is that it is hard to find, i had to order it online!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG neutral pink blush. On my NC20 skin this shows up as a neutral rosy pink. I am happy because it doesn't pull brown or peach and also doesn't oxidize to orange at all. It's a simple yet beautiful matte pink. My husband even took notice to say thatI looked "healthy" wearing this blush. Illamasqua Katie is lighter and milkier, Exposed is darker and more brown. I feel that Naked Rose is a perfect balance of the above listed blushes and give me that rosy glow I get if I've run a couple miles. It's bit powdery but manageable. Lastly I love that it's matte because then you have a choice to leave it matte or add a highlighter of your choice. Perfection!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am going to have to commit and say that this is my all-time HG blush. I have a lot of blushes that I love, and many that have been favorites in the past, but none are as great as Naked Rose. It is simply perfect, I can't even describe how wonderful it really is. In the pan, it looks like a light, milky cool pink tinged with just a bit of lavender. On my skin (PPP, about NC15ish, lighter in the winter) it actually looks a little bit darker and more neutral. Naked Rose just turns into the most perfect, glowing, natural, amazing flush on my cheeks. It wears very nicely too, like all Illamasqua blushes. I've used it every day since I got it, and I am likely to use it quite often from here on out. A+++, probably one of my best purchases of the year.