Illamasqua Powder Blusher - Naked Rose

4.6

on 3/30/2015 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate to be the negative voice amongst rave reviews, but this blush is so-so.

The color is a beautiful neutral beige pale pink and the blush is very pigmented. The reason why I'm not so crazy about it is that it feels much more like pure pigments than a sophisticated blush formula. It is very powdery a bit too matte (and I like matte blushes) and it sits very flat on the skin. It's also so hard to blend and it can appear very patchy. I really need to powder my skin well and use a very soft slightly fluffy brush in order to apply this properly.

Quite frankly, I will finish my blush but I will not buy other powder blushes from illamasqua again. If you are lookimg for great matte formula, Tarte is much easier to blend and does not look as flat. A good blush does not need that much work. It's too bad because the color is awesome.

on 12/2/2014 12:02:00 PM

I'm not normally a blush person, but since my skin has gotten better over the last year, I've kind of gotten into it.

I picked up Naked Rose since it was on sale at Hudson's Bay, and at first I was a little concerned it might not show up well on me (NC25/30). It's a very soft rosy beige in the pan, and in another brand's formula, I'd worry it would be a tad chalky. The blush is very soft and powdery so a brush picks up a lot (a bit scary!) but once applied, Naked Rose is a perfect, soft pink flush.

The main drawback is that the case is overly bulky: I like that the pan is very wide, but not the excessive height and kind of cheap plastic feel of the case. I appreciate the clear top to see the product, though. The snap closure could be a little smoother to use, as well. For a $26 blush, I'd like nicer packaging.

Hudson's Bay and Sephora seem to have clearanced/discontinued this brand in Canada; I don't know where'd repurchase it, but I definitely would!

on 2/28/2014 9:41:00 AM

UPDATE: After using this blush on a daily basis for several weeks now, I'm knocking my overall rating down 2 notches from a 4 to a 2. I'm really disappointed at how powdery this blush is. I barely touch my brush to the pan and it explodes into a pink cloud. I'm also not impressed with the staying power. I have combo/oily skin and this doesn't last more than 4 hours on me. I expected much more for a HE blush formula.

ORIGINAL: This was my first experience with Illamasqua blushes. I must say, that for the price, I was surprised to find it so powdery. One of my biggest pet peeves is powdery pressed products, whether it be blush, powder foundation or eyeshadow. With that said, I do really like the color of Naked Rose. It's a perfect, everyday shade for me since I love blushes like Kat Von D Truth, Tarte Exposed, etc. I found this to be a great blush for layering underneath other shades, especially used towards the back of my cheekbone, almost like a contour shade.

The packaging is also a bit irritating: the shape makes it stand out like a sore thumb in my storage container. And although the compact stays closed very well, it's a bit hard to open, without having to use your nails to pry under the front 'clasp'.

After I received this, I realized I had a very good DS dupe for this shade and formula (sans powder city) - Jordana Rose Silk.

on 7/22/2013 5:07:00 AM

A very beautiful blush described as a nude pink, certainly a beautiful nude pink when applied gives a natural matte smooth finish and doesent cake at all, the packaging is beautiful looks sleek, it is quite pricey but its definitely worth it because the quality is amazing, can't wait to try another ilmasque blush.

on 7/11/2013 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This looks muted in the pan but on skin, its a natural pink that brightens my face. On my skin its a bright but not a candy pink. Lovely!!! Applies well and its pretty pigmented. I feel it'll suit all skintones.

The packaging is light and plasticy. Does not feel solid and expensive but the design and shape of the packaging is really nice.

on 4/27/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I chose Naked Rose because it's so useful for many makeup looks and gives a soft beige rose color. It's like the little black dress of blush and works for just about everyone. What I like about these is Illamasqua seems to use a white base, so the color stays the same throughout the day and does not change.

on 3/16/2013 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful product. Smooth, pigmented, easy to blend out. The color is a perfect every day color for my very pale, warm toned skin. This is what I reach for when I'm at a loss for what will work well with a look. It doesn't clash with bright or bold eye looks, and looks very natural. Be gentle with your brush, though! I get alot of product kick up if I swirl too hard.

on 3/10/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've worn this almost continuously since I bought it, and I have a lot of other blushes I could choose from. That's a good indication of how much I like it. I wasn't sure about it from how it looked in the pan, it looked too pale and washed out for me, but on the skin it pulls to a very flattering pretty neutral matte pink.

Not hugely pigmented but easy to layer and blend out. Works well with both neutral and more intense looks, I've worn this night and day and like the effect it gives.

on 3/6/2013 3:30:00 PM

I am around N10 (leaning cool) and this blush provides the perfect natural neutral pink color to my cheeks (I know that was a mouthful, haahaa).
Looking at the blush in the pan you see a dusty cool leaning mid tone pink, and when applied to my fair face it becomes a true neutral pink. I do not detect any brown in the blush, but I almost think there is a small hint in there just because the color becomes so natural on the cheek.
This blush has the same formula as other matte Illamasqua blushes, it is powdery (but not chalky) and very pigmented. It also wears all day on my oily skin with minimal oxidation (maybe darkens by half a shade by the end of the day).
I would recommend applying this blush sparingly and building to the intensity that you desire since it is so pigmented. Because the powder is so finely milled it blends like a dream so you won't be left with any harsh lines.
Overall this is one of my favorite blushes and I think it would suit a wide variety of skin-tones since it is universally flattering color.

on 2/20/2013 11:28:00 AM

Absolutely beautiful blush that would work on any skintone. It is extremely pigmented and easy to apply. It wears beautifully and lasts a long time. I would recommend applying lightly and building on the application since it is so pigmented. I honestly have never had a blush wear so well, I will never go back! The only negative is that it is hard to find, i had to order it online!

Popular Blush Products