August 2, 2014 | 911 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tarte - Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by JessieMeoww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally went into Ulta to look for my favorite primer (Ulta Professional Matte Primer) but its been discontinued. I've been eyeballing this primer for a while now because I've been interested in taking the organic/cruelty free route to makeup. I decided to pick it up & it's seriously worth every dollar. The formula is very thick, which I love. Dries matte. Foundation application is flawless. My makeup stays on for most of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by alyei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first primer ever. I really wanted to like it, and used it quite often under my mineral makeup. After only a few days of use however, I got break outs. I generally don't get breakouts unless using comedogenic products, so I knew that this product was to blame, since nothing else changed in my skincare routine.
I wish this was the worst aspect of this primer, but it doesn't end there. I have oily skin, but it's relatively well-managed. This product actually made my skin oilier than it would have been without having used it! My makeup slid off my face unlike anything I had seen before. I should also add that the "perfecting" affect, only lasts for 2-3 hours. There is nothing 12-hour about this primer. What happens is while your skin looks refined when you apply it, the product starts melting throughout the day and your pores are visible and your skin is shiny.
Okay, so maybe I could still use this for special occasions right? Wrong, because the smell is nauseating. I can't describe it well, since the only thing I can compare it to is some sort of chemical plant (and I don't even know what a chemical plants smells like, but this primer gives me an idea). It just reeks of something toxic or rancid.
If you can get over all of this and don't have breakout prone skin, then this product may be for you. I simply can't tolerate it and there are better alternatives on the market for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Retaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, dry, acne prone skin, and this is THE only primer that has not broken me out. I love this stuff. It glides on so smoothly, and makes makeup look so much better and stay longer. It kept my foundation (Makeup Forever HD) looking fresh all day, with no nose creases! Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I previously tried Benefit Porefessional and while it covered 25% of my pores, it did NOTHING for my foundation.

So based on youtube and makeupalley I got a sample of this from Sephora. And now I own the full size tube. HG for me!

It covers MORE of my pores than porefessional, allows makeup to GLIDE on, and enhances the staying power of my foundation. Will repurchase for life.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by cesalica

I got a sample size from someone and tried it out for a couple of weeks. I actually loved the texture but there was this horrible rancid smell. I thought that's how it's supposed to smell so I decided to ignore the smell and just keep using. It gave my face a smooth texture. Did not really make my pores or dry lines disappear, but I noticed it helped to kinda make my face more matte than usual. It still looks oily, but much less obvious than before. I was happy enough.

So then i made the move and got myself the larger tube and to my surprise, there was no smell at all!!! I guess the sample tube must've been super old. I'm loving this primer. It's making my face look smoother and matte by the day. I don't wear makeup, so this primer is the last thing I put on after moisturizer. Hasn't broke me out, so that's good.

Worth a shot I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

got the small sample and i love it! keeps me oil free for quite some time :)
little goes a long way so i wouldnt use a lot

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is some good stuff as far as a primer in general helping you receive a flawless face for your foundation, but for us really oily skin girls I dk if it works to well, well for me it didn't. I felt even greasier than usual with this primer on =( ... It sucks because except for that it was great, oh well on to the next primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

This is my HG Primer! A little bit goes a long way and the tube lasts forever. Nothing works better for smoothing out my pores, and makes my foundation last all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by nsarova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Loving this primer! Goes on smooth and a little goes a long way. Just a small dab on each cheek and forehead covers everything. I use Covergirl's 3 in 1 foundation or Revlon Colorstay and my foundation lasts all day through the heat, sweat and stress that I go through everyday on the job. This primer does help with making my pores look smaller! Really impressed. The price is a bit high but this primer will last a while since so little is required. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by lbchacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a few primers and this by far is the absolute best! Just a little goes a long way. I put on my moisturizer and let it dry a bit and then just a little dab of primer and it spreads awesome. Totally creates a perfect beginning for your make up. Make up goes on very smooth. Hides all pours. Even helps with wrinkles. Absolutely love it.