Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasilixane, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Passiflora Incarnate Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinsensis Flower/Leaf Extract, Mica, Echinacea Angustilfolia Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

on 4/10/2015 4:19:00 PM

I apply this primer right after washing my face and putting on moisturizer, and right before applying foundation. It works very well and is the only primer I've found so far that works well on sensitive, acne-prone skin while ALSO being an effective primer. I've used other products made for sensitive, acne-prone skin and although they would not cause breakouts or irritations, they wouldn't work well at all for keeping foundation on or smoothing it out. This primer does both pretty well. The only time I noticed it would break me out is if I use it for long periods of time throughout the day and forget to wash it off at night. Just remember to use a good cleanser and toner to completely get it out of your pores/face. I read that it does have silicone (I think) so just be careful if you allergic to that.

After the great reviews I read, I was excited to try this out. I have a serious problem with creasing in my smile lines, so I was anxious to see if this would help. It actually did the opposite.

The pores do look diminished, and the skin looks more matte when you apply this. However, it did nothing for the staying power of my make up. I used the 12 hr tarte concealer over this, and was disappointed by that as well. I got crazy creasing, despite not wearing a ton of make up, more so than usual. Perhaps if you don't have nasolabial folds as deep as mine, this would work for you. I really wanted to love this, but I dont. Save your money and go for a drugstore primer, because those work better.

on 1/9/2015 5:17:00 PM

This is the first primer I've tried and I'm pretty impressed! It makes my skin feel really smooth, and on a good day I can wear it alone without foundation. Also it does seem to minimize pores. However it has a kind of greasy feeling as I'm putting it on. I have to wait a while for it to set before I put anything over it. I would re-buy, but I'm keeping an eye out for a cheaper alternative.

on 1/3/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

If you've tried Babyface by Maybelline and you didn't like it then you wont like this primer neither. In my personal opinion Babyface and the Tarte primer are very much the same except the Tarte primer is much thicker. For me it just didn't work, it made my face really oily and my makeup lasted less than usual.

on 12/17/2014 11:23:00 AM

This was my first Tarte product and I have to say I was really impressed. Although it doesn't claim anywhere that it is oil-free (which made me skeptical about this at first as an oily skin girl) this didn't break me out at all. It only made my akin look better. The second you put this on, your skin already looks more even and minimizes your pores. That's why I use it by its own really often, it's basically photoshop in a tube. It prolongues the wear of your makeup and makes it look so much better.

on 12/7/2014 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay this product is not suitable for very oily skin in a humid climate AT ALL. 12 hour? More like 2 hours! I was so disappointed because I heard good things about Tarte and this product is super expensive for me. My face started to get oily as though I had nothing on. Incredibly disappointed. The formula also makes it even greasier than usual. Avoid this!

I try to write all my reviews the same way I'd like to see reviews, so first off here are my stats:
- 18 years old
- Combination skin, oily t-zone and slightly dry cheeks
- Acne prone, especially to black heads
- Some acne scarring (hyperpigmentation)

I've always freaked out about not using a primer between my lotion and foundation. I felt that if I didn't, it'd make my break outs worse, but after failure and failure of primers, I gave up. I saw this at Ulta and thought, what the heck, I'll try it.

I LOVE IT!!!

Pros
- Tubes (soo good, plus you can cut it out and get out the rest of the product)
- Gel-like consistency
- More is less
- Controls shine
- Fills pores like crazy

Cons
- It feels a little icky
- The way this primer applies is 100% dependent on what lotion/sunscreen you're wearing. Some sunscreens this balls up for me, others it smooths on
- If wearing a slippery lotion, this will only make it more slippery, and thus your foundation will be even more so

Overall, great for makeup!

on 11/22/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely hated this primer. (I'm even contemplating to return it, even with the hassle of purchasing it online). I trusted buying this primer because it had several positive reviews online and bought it on a swayed perception thinking this would be my holy grail primer. Well, boy was I wrong. The consistency of this primer is very thick, and in addition, applying this with a liquid foundation made the application process even harder. When I'm looking for a primer I'm looking for it to make my foundation like on like butter and this did the exact opposite. My face felt heavy, and my pores initially felt clogged just with the primer alone. This is even hard for me to say this because I love makeup, and love a full face, and I'm not afraid of applying several products to my face. But this just made me want to stop after I applied my foundation. I didn't even want to set my makeup with powder. I'd stick to Benefit Porefessional, or Smashbox. The only reason I'm giving it one lip is because I have to, the packaging is pretty, and it did an okay job with under eye priming, and I did receive a compliment with conjunction of using this primer with another primer but not on its own. (Does its job a little bit, but quality is too similar to a drugstore product versus the price paid) I do believe this also resulted in a major breakout that I am currently facing as well.

on 10/27/2014 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this product but I just couldn't. Now I'm not going to bash tarte I think the products I have tried from them are amazing especially their concealer it has been my HG for awhile now and works wonders but this primer didn't do much for me. I have combination skin meaning I flake often in certain places while applying make up and by the end up of the day it's just melting off in the places I get oily. This primer did what a basic primer would do every went on smooth in SOME places not all - it didn't help with my dry patches I get on my fore head or nose or chin. By the end of the day my make up was doing the same thing it always does - melting off. My concealer even caked up and it never has done that to me before. Note I only use the concealer as a highlight and use Mac mineralize skin finish on the rest of my face. Now this may work for others just didn't do it for me. This didn't do anything for my pores as well. It just kind of sat on my face and didn't sink in. I've never had a good experience with primers of this texture. still on the hunt for my HG primer. To get an idea I tried different amounts - letting it dry longer / shorter - combining with a moisturizer and vice versa

on 10/5/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this primer! Not only does it last all day, through grime and sweat, but also minimizes pores! I also did not experience any breakouts or irritation. I cannot say anything bad about this primer.

Popular Primer/ Correctors