Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasilixane, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Passiflora Incarnate Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinsensis Flower/Leaf Extract, Mica, Echinacea Angustilfolia Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

I bought this a long time ago because the words "clean slate" and "poreless" caught my attention. Little did I know this was never going to work for me. I was slick and oily within a couple of hours. It gave a nice blurred finish once you apply it but its due to all the silicones. It didn't break me out at least but I'd rather spend my money on something that works.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

this 'porelesss' primer is honestly probably the worst primer i've ever tried. and i've tried ~lots~ of primers since 2005. i tried it out for about a week and the texture was just dreadful. it was difficult to spread, which made foundation application a chore. i didn't notice any pore minimizing effect, which (for me) is the sole purpose of using a primer. this is just $31 sludge. not worth the price tag at all.

This is my favorite primer, and I am about to go repurchase it because:

1. It makes my makeup look smooth and poreless (as advertised).
2. It keeps my face matte for hours after lunchtime.
3. One tube lasted a year and a half. Maybe even longer!
4. It makes my skin feel good and smooth, and isn't too drying, but still has a matte feel.
5. Does not make me break out.

The price is a little high, but for how long it lasts, it's a great deal!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this primer is the exact same thing as smashbox's photo finish primer but the smashbox one at least works.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was rather meh. It was an impulsive buy. It didn"t really keep my makeup on and i looked like an oil slick after a few hours. Neither did it really do any pore erasing, and if it did, it was of a minimal effect. Was hoping for something better. Wellthat goes to show that you shouldn't purchase anything without researching it first. Not to mention, it is pricey too.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh. I mostly bought it for my undereyes, where I have to cake on the most makeup. It works great for that. But it is difficult to spread on your face, and I've tried fingers, brushes, and sponges. Works best if you do small patches at a time. While it does keep my makeup on for a long time, I find that it isn't as mattifying as the Benefit Professional, so I get rather shiny. I would probably repurchase a small sample in the future to keep for my undereyes. Otherwise, I think it's too high maintenance and oily for use on my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this primer. The others primers I've gotten have been watery and Ade my face too oily. This however made my skin super smooth and I noticed a difference when i put on my foundation. I have the mini size but when I run out I will most likely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this upon impulse, and I would say, this is really just a basic primer, one that I really wanted to love. If you didn't like the Sephora smoothing primer, you probably would'nt like this too. It did what it said, pore erasing etc, but after applying on, it still feels somewhat greasy.

It has a thick silicone consistency and though the staying power was so-so, I was shining like crazy by midday, thus maybe not so great for oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I apply this primer right after washing my face and putting on moisturizer, and right before applying foundation. It works very well and is the only primer I've found so far that works well on sensitive, acne-prone skin while ALSO being an effective primer. I've used other products made for sensitive, acne-prone skin and although they would not cause breakouts or irritations, they wouldn't work well at all for keeping foundation on or smoothing it out. This primer does both pretty well. The only time I noticed it would break me out is if I use it for long periods of time throughout the day and forget to wash it off at night. Just remember to use a good cleanser and toner to completely get it out of your pores/face. I read that it does have silicone (I think) so just be careful if you allergic to that.

After the great reviews I read, I was excited to try this out. I have a serious problem with creasing in my smile lines, so I was anxious to see if this would help. It actually did the opposite.

The pores do look diminished, and the skin looks more matte when you apply this. However, it did nothing for the staying power of my make up. I used the 12 hr tarte concealer over this, and was disappointed by that as well. I got crazy creasing, despite not wearing a ton of make up, more so than usual. Perhaps if you don't have nasolabial folds as deep as mine, this would work for you. I really wanted to love this, but I dont. Save your money and go for a drugstore primer, because those work better.

Popular Primer/ Correctors